• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The INTP 12 step program

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Crap!! I will try harder!!! I WILL BE A GOOD INTP.

please dont reject me oh noble ones!!

No such thing as a good INTP.

At the core we're all a bit worm-ridden. To be honest, the moniker "evil" comes up quite often as well.

L

Lasting_Pain

:heart::heart::heart:

Where can I sign up for a 12 step program to become an INTP? I have decided they are the coolest and I want to be like them.

:heart::hug::hug::hug:

1. The emotion smiles can only be used for Sarcastic remarks only. Hence the statement "I love you" ended with the a :heart: is actually "I hate you" ending with a :devil:.

2. Walking down the path of the Grey side, is a hard road indeed. People will not understand your fleeting ideas or your ever changing opinions. You must keep a notepad in order to remember your thoughts, because we have so many that are mind cannot remember them.

3. Laugh at the face of Emotion. If you see someone emoting do not be afraid to use the :violin:, followed by "Looks like someone needs a hug. :hug:" phrase. Which actually means "Looks like someone needs to be killed."

4. Laugh in the face of optimism. You must be the person who ties the weight around the optimist waist in order to send him or her plummeting to the ground.

5. Laugh in the face of morals and organized religion. After all INTPs are not sheep.

6. Become acquainted with the internet and the Television. You will be seeing these guys on a regular basis.

7. Never entertain someones stupidity unless you are doing it to entertain yourself.

8. INTPs come in all shapes and sizes and one can be remarkably different from the other.

9. Once becoming an INTP you must immediately have your heart removed and replaced with an electrical one so you can truly say, "I do not have a heart." Also while he is performing surgery have him tie up your ovaries or neuter you because you are already in love and married to knowledge. And besides the only babies that will be made around here is in your head, and don't worry you will be making plenty.

10. You must be prepared to have ego battles with other INTP members. Do not be scared to face a superior or equal INTP. The ego battle will be a learning a experience for the both of you. However, if you are an INTP and associated the word "ego" with waffles while reading this sentence, then you are truly an INTP.

You have officially been informed,

Painstar.

L

Lasting_Pain

If you have accepted the 10 steps above, I shall now give you the last and 2 most important INTP steps that you need to pass before you can be one of us.

11. You can be no longer be a happy puppy. You will now be called Thinking Puppy, The Intellectual Puppy, Curious Puppy, etc..... You can actually still maintain the whole cuteness image while still being smart.
istockphoto_3584174-curious-puppy.jpg

12. Rainbows, Unicorns, Tellitubbies, Barney, and any other things that have odd color combinations do not exist. I repeat, they do not exist.

You have officially been informed,

Painstar

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
What's wrong with a hello kitty hoodie?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How sexist of you! INTP girls need love too, damn it!

'sok, I'm being locked up in the same cage :hi: I'll take one for the team :happy2:

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I guess I could try becoming an INTP. I think I just need to pull this small tree out of my ass and I'm there.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Yup, my clincal impression: Completely nuckfuts, to want to be one of us while walking in with the virtual equivalent of a Hello Kitty hoodie on.

Nuckfuts? Hillarious! Now on topic: Lock this thread! Sorry author, if you were serious, then you can't become an INTP; it's inborn. If you were joking, then do that on the SP forum.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Nuckfuts? Hillarious! Now on topic: Lock this thread! Sorry author, if you were serious, then you can't become an INTP; it's inborn. If you were joking, then do that on the SP forum.

Wat? You call yourself INTP and you're dismissing joking?

ygolo

My termites win
Damn it! I thought this was a 12 step program to cure INTPness.

Well, anyway... 12 steps to become an INTP physics nerd:

1. Break your front door's lock by trying to pick it by the age of 8. This is essential, you will forget keys, combinations, etc. often.
  2. Construct your own super-soaker at the age of about 9. This is one way for a socially awkward INTP mute to gain some social capital.
  3. Blow up something by the age of 12. A capacitor is good enough, but the bigger the better.
  4. Solder a blinking LED based display for space invaders or mastermind by age 15.
  5. Program your own computer game that requires excessive button pushing, and get yelled at by your dad when your siblings play the game and almost break the keyboard--preferably by the age of 15 again.
  6. Read Einstein's popular version of relativity by the time you are 16.
  7. Take apart your front door lock, and get yelled at for it. Lock picking, safe cracking, etc. are essential for an NTP physicist (read Feynman). I learned how to pick the Samsonite 3-digit combo pretty quickly (not by trying every combination) because I kept forgetting the combo (very INTP).
  8. Work in some scientific capacity (a technician or whatever) in at least two fields other than physics by the time you graduate high-school (mine were Geology and Biotech).
  9. Participate in Science Fairs, Math Contests, Computer Programming Contests, Physics Contests, and chess club through out high-school. Also, playing a sport or two or more is also a good way to get some physical grounding.
  10. Get two or more college degrees in three or less years--just to see how pointless that is.
  11. Get hopelessly lost in life.
  12. Be content that you "fail at life" but like figuring things out and start your career in physics.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

1. Break your front door's lock by trying to pick it by the age of 8. This is essential, you will forget keys, combinations, etc. often.
  2. Construct your own super-soaker at the age of about 9. This is one way for a socially awkward INTP mute to gain some social capital.
  3. Blow up something by the age of 12. A capacitor is good enough, but the bigger the better.
  4. Solder a blinking LED based display for space invaders or mastermind by age 15.
  5. Program your own computer game that requires excessive button pushing, and get yelled at by your dad when your siblings play the game and almost break the keyboard--preferably by the age of 15 again.
  7. Take apart your front door lock, and get yelled at for it. Lock picking, safe cracking, etc. are essential for an NTP physicist (read Feynman). I learned how to pick the Samsonite 3-digit combo pretty quickly (not by trying every combination) because I kept forgetting the combo (very INTP).
  8. Work in some scientific capacity (a technician or whatever) in at least two fields other than physics by the time you graduate high-school (mine were Geology and Biotech).
  9. Participate in Science Fairs, Math Contests, Computer Programming Contests, Physics Contests, and chess club through out high-school. Also, playing a sport or two or more is also a good way to get some physical grounding.
  10. Get two or more college degrees in three or less years--just to see how pointless that is.
  12. Be content that you "fail at life" but like figuring things out and start your career in physics.

Whoah whoah whoah.

You sure thats the INTP list? That has work involved....

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd guess the INTJ list is much shorter. I'm not a physicist (I'm a mathematician), but here's the way I became one:

Step 1) I want to be a mathematician.
Step 2) Become a mathematician.
Step 3) Poison your enemies (this is not an essential step, but particularly dedicated INTJs will find it an amusing diversion).

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd guess the INTJ list is much shorter. I'm not a physicist (I'm a mathematician), but here's the way I became one:

Step 1) I want to be a mathematician.
Step 2) Become a mathematician.
Step 3) Poison your enemies (this is not an essential step, but particularly dedicated INTJs will find it an amusing diversion).

Step 4) ?????
Step 5) PROFIT

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Can I just say that is truly awesome. Seriously.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
you do not choose intp.
you think any kid who wants to be can be the next dalai lama? nosuchluck.

there is hope for your offspring if you have any: isolate them until about age 10. then they should be hard wired with intp mannerisms, no matter their inborn type. although thier state will be unnatural, they will still manage to inexplicabley aquire groupies... :huh:

run along now *throws colourful jingley ball*