• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Does Sex = Love for NTs

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've known INTJ players, and ENTPs loyal to the bone. Theoretically NTs should think through the long range implications, which might account for why they don't want unnecessary hassle with someone that isn't worth it. Still, generalizations can be rather faulty when faced with empirical data.

Well, you know what they say: All generalizations are false.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, you know what they say: All generalizations are false.
They are not either. But it's the purpose of empirical inquiry to determine which generalizations are false, and empirical inquiry has shown that most of the predictions of the MBTI are unreliable (in the event that they're even falsifiable).

The MBTI is good at telling you what you score on the MBTI.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are not either. But it's the purpose of empirical inquiry to determine which generalizations are false, and empirical inquiry has shown that most of the predictions of the MBTI are unreliable (in the event that they're even falsifiable).

The MBTI is good at telling you what you score on the MBTI.

Sorry, that comment was sarcastic...it's just funny because it is a generalization in itself, get it? I don't really actually believe that.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I'm involved with an INTP who seems to be able to keep sex purely recreational - or at least, detached. I can't read her. When together, she is completely present and into the moment. When apart, she falls off the face of the earth. Question: is it easier for NTs to detach from the emotions involved in sex? As I said in a post elsewhere, for an ENFP sex + no contact for next few days = gasp!! Although, she does always return - on her terms...

Last time I had sex with emotions thrown into it the following happened.
I called her 30 times in one day, I wasn't thinking straight.
I used my fake myspace's to make her jealous so she would come over, but I wasn't thinking straight and she saw through it not to mention I wasn't thinking straight when I decided to do that int he first place.
I called her practically everyday.

More and more stupid things persisted to happen till about a month went by and I started to think clearly again. Then I reallized that I fucked things up and was never going to have her back, because I got emotional during sex.

That was the only time I let emotions leak out during sex.
All the times before that it usually goes like this.
We have sex, I don't bother to call which leads to either.
a. She calls me too soon and I don't want to be bothered.
b. She calls after some time not hearing from me and it's fine.
c. She never calls and I never care

2.a. eventually I'll get irritated by her persistant calling but I'm not about about someone to call when I'm feeling biological urges to fuck.
b. I'll most likely end up in a healthy relationship with her and it's fine.
c. I might run into her somewhere, maybe we'll hang out. But I generally pretend like nothing ever happened and things are reset.

This is why I don't brings emotions to sex.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd just like to say at this juncture that it seems there's a general assumption in some quarters, that emotions are always and necessarily towards or in relation to other people - individual persons, that is. That if you say you have no emotions towards a person, then you're claiming to have no emotions, period. Or some such.

The emotions of relief, gratification, satisfaction, pleasure etc, can all be experienced in response to a physical sensation, without the subject needing to have any emotions directly towards the "partner" in the encouter. Aside from, perhaps, being glad they're there. But that doesn't have to be personally towards them, as it would be the same, whoever it was. In much the same way as I'm able to do "good deeds" for people, through a general feeling of benevolence to humanity in general, without it necessarily meaning that the particular person towards whom I'm "being good" really means anything to me other than as part of a sorta cosmic whole. Individually, I have no attachment to that person and no emotional feeling towards them. It's what they represent and their place in a grander scheme, towards which my benevolence extends.

For example, like.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Let's just say I'd like to be able to do the recreational, I just know that right after the first time I get too attached. Another problem is, if I don't have a decent enough mental connection when the emotional connection is made it tends to rip me up a little.

If there is love attached to the person you are with, can sex be recreational within that context, or does the physical act always accompany a deep emotion?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a vegan.

But how can you choose not to eat any animal products without being mentally defective? I love meat so much that anyone who doesn't must be either be lying, or delusional. Look deep down inside to the REAL you, and I'm sure you'll find that you're not really the way you think you are, but rather more like ME.

And if not then you're a sociopath.

I'm sorry I score so high on the AQ. :cry:

What is that? The only thing it means to me is, "Ace-Queen", since I'm a degenerate gambling addict/sociopath.

marmandahalf

But how can you choose not to eat any animal products without being mentally defective? I love meat so much that anyone who doesn't must be either be lying, or delusional. Look deep down inside to the REAL you, and I'm sure you'll find that you're not really the way you think you are, but rather more like ME.

That's unfair. Funny, but unfair.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
What is that? The only thing it means to me is, "Ace-Queen", since I'm a degenerate gambling addict/sociopath.
Simon Baron-Cohen's rigorous psychometric measurement of Autism Spectrum Disorders self-reporting Cosmo quiz.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Last time I had sex with emotions thrown into it the following happened.

hmmm, that was quite an intense read. Just to throw it out there, maybe you should continue to force yourself to bring emotions into sex, that way you'd get used to them and you wouldn't scare yourself or others. I know, easier said than done, right?

Were these women that you had relationships with, or just random adventures?

It's funny how we compartmentalize things based on personal value systems. I could go on and on about moral character and omnivores but I don't like to push my life's philosophies onto others, with few exceptions. But we all have our exceptions, right? For instance, I would resist any argument that calls for child abuse, in any sense of the word. I don't care what you think is abuse or not, I fundamentally believe certain things to be true in that context. I believe I know what abuse is and I will not waiver on that.

Some people believe things that are strange to me. But most people need to believe in something in order to make life meaningful. Once that belief is shattered, so is their existence - or their reason to exist. If it means that much to believe in something, I would never begrudge you of that. In life, people must do what makes them happy or fulfilled.

Just don't push that shit on to me.

That's unfair. Funny, but unfair.

Why unfair? It could be argued that those who don't respect life (human or otherwise) are soulless beasts, but I digress...

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
It's not necessarily "love" but I do see it as the consummation of a "connection" between two people. The connection has to be developed somewhat and have some sort of meaning within it; I don't do sex with strangers. Although...I guess there could be an NT out there who has a "reason" for doing that?

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Sex and emotion are not one and the same for me. I can separate the two and view sex the same way I would a back rub or hair cut. The emotional however is what makes sex worthwhile, it's what creates intimacy and passion for me so I make a choice not to have sex without emotion because without the intimacy and passion it's basically overly complicated masturbation.

To each their own ultimately, I don't judge. Frankly I wish I enjoyed casual sex because it's always been easy for me to find and it would make life simpler. Being a guy that has said no to more women than I've said yes to I can tell you first hand there aren't many ways to piss a woman off more!

casual-sex-day.JPG

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If there is love attached to the person you are with, can sex be recreational within that context, or does the physical act always accompany a deep emotion?

Oh hell yeah it can be recreational with in the relationship. My attachment emotions will get tangled in it no matter whether it's purpose is more fun or deeply emotional, but I can enjoy them as separate forms of sex as long as it is still in the context of a loving relationship. Outside of a relationship is the only time it wrecks me.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh hell yeah it can be recreational with in the relationship. My attachment emotions will get tangled in it no matter whether it's purpose is more fun or deeply emotional, but I can enjoy them as separate forms of sex as long as it is still in the context of a loving relationship. Outside of a relationship is the only time it wrecks me.

Well yes, tons of people are like that, so it should be no problem finding the right person to share and explore with.

I also like to have a connection, but I am not fond of "traditional" styles of relationships. So finding someone who views life in the same manner as I do is a little more problematic...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not necessarily "love" but I do see it as the consummation of a "connection" between two people. The connection has to be developed somewhat and have some sort of meaning within it; I don't do sex with strangers. Although...I guess there could be an NT out there who has a "reason" for doing that?

I don't do sex with strangers either; that shit is dangerous.

I've never had sex with anybody I didn't know at least somewhat well...but I certainly haven't had (nor did I later develop) romantic feelings for every person that I've had sex with, and that was the point.

I make a choice not to have sex without emotion because without the intimacy and passion it's basically overly complicated masturbation.

Except a hell of a lot more fun.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well yes, tons of people are like that, so it should be no problem finding the right person to share and explore with.

I also like to have a connection, but I am not fond of "traditional" styles of relationships. So finding someone who views life in the same manner as I do is a little more problematic...

"Traditional" covers a lot of ground and seems to change from person to person in places.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
"Traditional" covers a lot of ground and seems to change from person to person in places.

You would think so, but apparently not. I've lived in quite a few cities/countries in the western world and am always faced with the same roadblock sooner or later. No matter, though - my life is beautiful and so is everyone in it...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You would think so, but apparently not. I've lived in quite a few cities/countries in the western world and am always faced with the same roadblock sooner or later. No matter, though - my life is beautiful and so is everyone in it...

Well, as long as you can tell yourself that. I'm just caring less and less for having someone else in my life due to how much of a pain in the ass it is.