half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It indicates a low nature. A beast without an elevated soul.
    Synarch, I am sleepy now and will end this here. I was not intellectually satisfied with your answer, but on a personal level, you and I both are just different in this way. You can call me a monster or beast and I can call you... doesn't matter - I respect you enough not to take it there. Hoping that the next time we cross paths, you can also try to respect me enough, as well. Good night.

MBTI
    ENFP

I've never seen anyone who could TRULY do this. If they could, they would be monstrous.
    Synarch you are sounding more and more like an enFp!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Synarch, I am sleepy now and will end this here. I was not intellectually satisfied with your answer, but on a personal level, you and I both are just different in this way. You can call me a monster or beast and I can call you... doesn't matter - I respect you enough not to take it there. Hoping that the next time we cross paths, you can also try to respect me enough, as well. Good night.
    I don't think you're a monster. I think you're mistaken about yourself.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    Synarch you are sounding more and more like an enFp!
    You're not helping my argument with the ENTP's.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hm, P's having sex together and worrying about closure.

But why? The possibilities are endless. Just go with the moment. Enjoy the ambiguity.

Sorry. Shouldn't laugh.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Hm, P's having sex together and worrying about closure.
    Just go with the moment. Enjoy the ambiguity.
    That's it - the ambiguity. It's sometimes difficult to be comfortable with it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You're not helping my argument with the ENTP's.
    That's because your argument is bad on a rational basis.

I don't need to prove that it's healthy; the burden of proof is on you to show that it's not. You're the one making an extraordinary claim that I'm somehow defective or "monstrous." You remind me of the religious right whining about how gays can't truly love one another, because that's an abomination! They must know DEEP DOWN IN THEIR HEARTS that they're just lying to themselves!

If it makes you more comfortable to believe that, knock yourself out.

But so far you've really offered nothing in support of this position. What exactly is "the same way you know everything else", Fi?

Oh boy, here comes that "I know you better than you know you" garbage again. Maybe you really are an NF, after all.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    That's it - the ambiguity. It's sometimes difficult to be comfortable with it.
    I can't sleep at night without ambiguity.

It's my life force.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    That's because your argument is bad on a rational basis.

I don't need to prove that it's healthy; the burden of proof is on you to show that it's not. You're the one making an extraordinary claim that I'm somehow defective or "monstrous."

And so far you've really offered nothing in support of this position. What exactly is "the same way you know everything else", Fi?
    How can we be purely rational / logical about something where we have established no scientific criteria or even scientific definitions? What are emotions? What is intimacy? Can you define these things for me and explain how the mind and body interact? Can you explain what happens in the mind when the skin of one person touches another? What sequences and changes take place? Even if you could, can you establish scientific support for your counter-claim (equally extraordinary) that people can separate emotions from physical intimacy?

Attention my NT comrades, there are limits to the known, there are limits to the observable, there are limits to logic. When you reach these limits you must go with your instincts and experience. What works. My instincts and experiences dictate what I believe. I am not trying to defend my claims against your standard. I am speaking only to those with ears to listen. Those who my words will resonate with. If you don't see it, then it wasn't meant for you to see.

Or maybe it's that what we're talking about isn't clearly defined or understood, because sexual mores in the past have been defined by either religious conviction or utilitarian social constructs, so in this brave new world of relative social sexual freedom, we're struggling to find meaning. That doesn't mean that Synarch is being illogical. Logic when it comes to issues that involve is always murky, but especially so here, because different rules have been established, but few of them standardized. What he's doing is going off of a hunch, which is how truth is often discovered, when one follows that hunch to its logical ends, as well as any of us are capable of, given that the human brain is inherently limited.

*exhale*