half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    Last time I had sex with emotions thrown into it the following happened.
    hmmm, that was quite an intense read. Just to throw it out there, maybe you should continue to force yourself to bring emotions into sex, that way you'd get used to them and you wouldn't scare yourself or others. I know, easier said than done, right?

Were these women that you had relationships with, or just random adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    And if not then you're a sociopath.
    It's funny how we compartmentalize things based on personal value systems. I could go on and on about moral character and omnivores but I don't like to push my life's philosophies onto others, with few exceptions. But we all have our exceptions, right? For instance, I would resist any argument that calls for child abuse, in any sense of the word. I don't care what you think is abuse or not, I fundamentally believe certain things to be true in that context. I believe I know what abuse is and I will not waiver on that.

Some people believe things that are strange to me. But most people need to believe in something in order to make life meaningful. Once that belief is shattered, so is their existence - or their reason to exist. If it means that much to believe in something, I would never begrudge you of that. In life, people must do what makes them happy or fulfilled.

Just don't push that shit on to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    That's unfair. Funny, but unfair.
    Why unfair? It could be argued that those who don't respect life (human or otherwise) are soulless beasts, but I digress...

MBTI
    AHH!

It's not necessarily "love" but I do see it as the consummation of a "connection" between two people. The connection has to be developed somewhat and have some sort of meaning within it; I don't do sex with strangers. Although...I guess there could be an NT out there who has a "reason" for doing that?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sex and emotion are not one and the same for me. I can separate the two and view sex the same way I would a back rub or hair cut. The emotional however is what makes sex worthwhile, it's what creates intimacy and passion for me so I make a choice not to have sex without emotion because without the intimacy and passion it's basically overly complicated masturbation.

To each their own ultimately, I don't judge. Frankly I wish I enjoyed casual sex because it's always been easy for me to find and it would make life simpler. Being a guy that has said no to more women than I've said yes to I can tell you first hand there aren't many ways to piss a woman off more!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    If there is love attached to the person you are with, can sex be recreational within that context, or does the physical act always accompany a deep emotion?
    Oh hell yeah it can be recreational with in the relationship. My attachment emotions will get tangled in it no matter whether it's purpose is more fun or deeply emotional, but I can enjoy them as separate forms of sex as long as it is still in the context of a loving relationship. Outside of a relationship is the only time it wrecks me.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Oh hell yeah it can be recreational with in the relationship. My attachment emotions will get tangled in it no matter whether it's purpose is more fun or deeply emotional, but I can enjoy them as separate forms of sex as long as it is still in the context of a loving relationship. Outside of a relationship is the only time it wrecks me.
    Well yes, tons of people are like that, so it should be no problem finding the right person to share and explore with.

I also like to have a connection, but I am not fond of "traditional" styles of relationships. So finding someone who views life in the same manner as I do is a little more problematic...

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    I make a choice not to have sex without emotion because without the intimacy and passion it's basically overly complicated masturbation.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

Edit:Forgot the +1
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    It's not necessarily "love" but I do see it as the consummation of a "connection" between two people. The connection has to be developed somewhat and have some sort of meaning within it; I don't do sex with strangers. Although...I guess there could be an NT out there who has a "reason" for doing that?
    I don't do sex with strangers either; that shit is dangerous.

I've never had sex with anybody I didn't know at least somewhat well...but I certainly haven't had (nor did I later develop) romantic feelings for every person that I've had sex with, and that was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    I make a choice not to have sex without emotion because without the intimacy and passion it's basically overly complicated masturbation.
    Except a hell of a lot more fun.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Well yes, tons of people are like that, so it should be no problem finding the right person to share and explore with.

I also like to have a connection, but I am not fond of "traditional" styles of relationships. So finding someone who views life in the same manner as I do is a little more problematic...
    "Traditional" covers a lot of ground and seems to change from person to person in places.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    "Traditional" covers a lot of ground and seems to change from person to person in places.
    You would think so, but apparently not. I've lived in quite a few cities/countries in the western world and am always faced with the same roadblock sooner or later. No matter, though - my life is beautiful and so is everyone in it...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

You would think so, but apparently not. I've lived in quite a few cities/countries in the western world and am always faced with the same roadblock sooner or later. No matter, though - my life is beautiful and so is everyone in it...
    Well, as long as you can tell yourself that. I'm just caring less and less for having someone else in my life due to how much of a pain in the ass it is.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]