First 123412 Last

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Fine. All other NTs have the capacity to be completely connected to the commitment. Somehow. I suppose.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Who can pretend to know inside the blackened heart of an NT *sigh*

I don't have a heart.

MBTI
    ENFP

There, there *strokes lasting pain's mane*
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    you're wondering if she loves you or is in it for the sex, and the reason for this is the fact that when you're apart she doesn't talk to you? I fail to understand what the two have to do with each other. She could be madly in love with you and it would still be perfectly plausible for her to 'drop off the face of the Earth'
    LOL... spoken like only a true INTP. I see your point - it's actually quite comforting.

For an ENFP like me though, usually, when you're truly INTO someone... you don't just meet up a couple times a week for sex and never talk or text or hang out in between! You don't limit contact and dole it out like a precious gem, one pellet at a time!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    Question: is it easier for NTs to detach from the emotions involved in sex?
    For me, there are no emotions to detach from.

Sex and love are separate things. There are those who only have sex when in love - it's impossible to tell her way of viewing it. But even those who only have sex while in love, don't usually use sex to express that love. Because sex and love are separate things.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Fine. All other NTs have the capacity to be completely connected to the commitment. Somehow. I suppose.
    The nope I**P in general have a hard time calling people back after the first time they had sex.

The reason why is because having sex is the ultimate physical relation. It is beyond the touch,kiss,or cuddle. You have actually entered the persons body. You have to reflect on what has been done. Some people do not have to reflect on the matter. I do.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    There, there *strokes lasting pain's mane*

Thank you! Your care and support has been noted.

MBTI
    ENFP

Ohhhhh nooooo Costrin - am I? Tell me more... *sigh* , *pulls up seat* , *props chin on hand* , *listens* , Give it to me straight up. I can take it. =)

And lasting pain - YES - she is DEFINITELY the type that has to reflect - on almost EVERYTHING that happens... especially if its something big.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    LOL... spoken like only a true INTP. I see your point - it's actually quite comforting.

For an ENFP like me though, usually, when you're truly INTO someone... you don't just meet up a couple times a week for sex and never talk or text or hang out in between! You don't limit contact and dole it out like a precious gem, one pellet at a time!
    I'm going to say something and I really hope it lands the right way... I don't mean to offend, I just want to be honest (from my own perspective): I wouldn't bother having sex with an NF unless I really really really like that person. Generally, it's too much work for me to keep them emotionally fulfilled.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm not sure how to answer the question.

I'm capable of viewing sex as an experience in itself.
    But I am simultaneously capable of viewing it as a huge huge huge connection with someone else.

I'm not sure how this leaves me feeling.

I think I could enjoy it during even if it's just recreational (although it means more if it's with someone I'm connected to), but afterwards I can't help but reflect on it and what it all "meant" even if at the time it wasn't reflective of much at all.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft