First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I've known INTJ players, and ENTPs loyal to the bone. Theoretically NTs should think through the long range implications, which might account for why they don't want unnecessary hassle with someone that isn't worth it. Still, generalizations can be rather faulty when faced with empirical data.
    Well, you know what they say: All generalizations are false.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well, you know what they say: All generalizations are false.
    They are not either. But it's the purpose of empirical inquiry to determine which generalizations are false, and empirical inquiry has shown that most of the predictions of the MBTI are unreliable (in the event that they're even falsifiable).

The MBTI is good at telling you what you score on the MBTI.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    They are not either. But it's the purpose of empirical inquiry to determine which generalizations are false, and empirical inquiry has shown that most of the predictions of the MBTI are unreliable (in the event that they're even falsifiable).

The MBTI is good at telling you what you score on the MBTI.
    Sorry, that comment was sarcastic...it's just funny because it is a generalization in itself, get it? I don't really actually believe that.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm sorry I score so high on the AQ.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    I'm involved with an INTP who seems to be able to keep sex purely recreational - or at least, detached. I can't read her. When together, she is completely present and into the moment. When apart, she falls off the face of the earth. Question: is it easier for NTs to detach from the emotions involved in sex? As I said in a post elsewhere, for an ENFP sex + no contact for next few days = gasp!! Although, she does always return - on her terms...
    Last time I had sex with emotions thrown into it the following happened.
    I called her 30 times in one day, I wasn't thinking straight.
    I used my fake myspace's to make her jealous so she would come over, but I wasn't thinking straight and she saw through it not to mention I wasn't thinking straight when I decided to do that int he first place.
    I called her practically everyday.

More and more stupid things persisted to happen till about a month went by and I started to think clearly again. Then I reallized that I fucked things up and was never going to have her back, because I got emotional during sex.

That was the only time I let emotions leak out during sex.
    All the times before that it usually goes like this.
    We have sex, I don't bother to call which leads to either.
    a. She calls me too soon and I don't want to be bothered.
    b. She calls after some time not hearing from me and it's fine.
    c. She never calls and I never care

2.a. eventually I'll get irritated by her persistant calling but I'm not about about someone to call when I'm feeling biological urges to fuck.
    b. I'll most likely end up in a healthy relationship with her and it's fine.
    c. I might run into her somewhere, maybe we'll hang out. But I generally pretend like nothing ever happened and things are reset.

This is why I don't brings emotions to sex.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd just like to say at this juncture that it seems there's a general assumption in some quarters, that emotions are always and necessarily towards or in relation to other people - individual persons, that is. That if you say you have no emotions towards a person, then you're claiming to have no emotions, period. Or some such.

The emotions of relief, gratification, satisfaction, pleasure etc, can all be experienced in response to a physical sensation, without the subject needing to have any emotions directly towards the "partner" in the encouter. Aside from, perhaps, being glad they're there. But that doesn't have to be personally towards them, as it would be the same, whoever it was. In much the same way as I'm able to do "good deeds" for people, through a general feeling of benevolence to humanity in general, without it necessarily meaning that the particular person towards whom I'm "being good" really means anything to me other than as part of a sorta cosmic whole. Individually, I have no attachment to that person and no emotional feeling towards them. It's what they represent and their place in a grander scheme, towards which my benevolence extends.

For example, like.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Let's just say I'd like to be able to do the recreational, I just know that right after the first time I get too attached. Another problem is, if I don't have a decent enough mental connection when the emotional connection is made it tends to rip me up a little.
    If there is love attached to the person you are with, can sex be recreational within that context, or does the physical act always accompany a deep emotion?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm a vegan.
    But how can you choose not to eat any animal products without being mentally defective? I love meat so much that anyone who doesn't must be either be lying, or delusional. Look deep down inside to the REAL you, and I'm sure you'll find that you're not really the way you think you are, but rather more like ME.

And if not then you're a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    I'm sorry I score so high on the AQ.
    What is that? The only thing it means to me is, "Ace-Queen", since I'm a degenerate gambling addict/sociopath.

But how can you choose not to eat any animal products without being mentally defective? I love meat so much that anyone who doesn't must be either be lying, or delusional. Look deep down inside to the REAL you, and I'm sure you'll find that you're not really the way you think you are, but rather more like ME.

And if not then you're a sociopath.
    That's unfair. Funny, but unfair.

MBTI
    INTJ

What is that? The only thing it means to me is, "Ace-Queen", since I'm a degenerate gambling addict/sociopath.
    Simon Baron-Cohen's rigorous psychometric measurement of Autism Spectrum Disorders self-reporting Cosmo quiz.