First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    And tasty bacon.
    I loved that quote! ^^

Bacon...

The sounds of people having sex... not their vocals... but their bodies...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    thank you. (I loved your post, btw)

Well, thats science. And science is a cruel mistress wearing a 14? strap-on. -Masuka (Dexter)

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Nothing is ever always anything.

If sex does not involve love or is not done with an attitude of love, it should be. Otherwise, you're just rubbing your greasy bacon together like an insect. No emotion. No tenderness. Just my ovapositor snaking into someone else's shell to deposit seeds.
    So you admit that sex can happen without love being involved? Even if you disagree with it?
    Embrace the possibilities.

Objectively, though, it would seem that the sex-means-nothing side would have more impetus to be biased. Because if y'all are wrong, that's a ton more cognitive dissonance than mistakenly ascribing meaning to something that might not have it.

MBTI
    INTJ

*puts on a biohazard suit and gets his Ayn Rand books out of containment*
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
    You're the man who's spent his life shaping matter to the purpose of his mind. You're the man who would know that just as an idea unexpressed in physical action is contemptible hypocrisy, so is platonic loveand just as physical action unguided by an idea is a fool's self-fraud, so is sex when cut off from one's code of values. It's the same issue, and you would know it. Your inviolate sense of self-esteem would know it. You would be incapable of desire for a woman you despised. Only the man who extols the purity of a love devoid of desire, is capable of the depravity of a desire devoid of love.
    There. The one thing written by Ayn Rand worth quoting. Now I need to go take a shower.

[Edit]: You know, in all of this time, I don't think I answered the OP's question. My answer: NTP girls are just like that -- my relationships with them have a high attrition due to flakeout.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My thought on that one Aleph is that its still subjective and can be argued from either side. Who's to say that those proponents of sex as only ever an expression of love aren't deluding themselves into believing they are in love for a self-serving, moral purpose? They want to have sex, therefore convince themselves that they are in love to justify the act that is, by definition, instinctual and driven as much by nature as anything else?

Would this too not be "self-fraud" and "shaping matter to the purpose of the mind"? Even if subconsciously done?
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Gah, I can't help but break in now. Sex, I want it, badly. Apparently not badly enough to screw anything bipedal with the equipment I prefer, but I won't say the desire is not there. The thing I always have to deal with is the fact that I am more emotionally affected by sex than most guys are. However, though I can't do it with just anyone only for recreation, I know a lot of people who have no problem with it at all. Unfortunately I'm no endocrinologist and I don't have samples from them all for hormone research, but I'm pretty sure the way things go for them is a bit different from how they go for me. Then again, perhaps my understanding of it is due to the fact that my emotions are more sensitive than my morals.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Gah, I can't help but break in now. Sex, I want it, badly. Apparently not badly enough to screw anything bipedal with the equipment I prefer, but I won't say the desire is not there. The thing I always have to deal with is the fact that I am more emotionally affected by sex than most guys are. However, though I can't do it with just anyone only for recreation, I know a lot of people who have no problem with it at all. Unfortunately I'm no endocrinologist and I don't have samples from them all for hormone research, but I'm pretty sure the way things go for them is a bit different from how they go for me. Then again, perhaps my understanding of it is due to the fact that my emotions are more sensitive than my morals.
    That's very real. I can understand that. It's also very sweet. Do you feel that you and your partner must be in love, something beyond an emotional connection? And how do you really know if someone loves you back in the same way? I'm only asking out of genuine curiosity, not trying to trick you into a debate or anything...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    My thought on that one Aleph is that its still subjective and can be argued from either side. Who's to say that those proponents of sex as only ever an expression of love aren't deluding themselves into believing they are in love for a self-serving, moral purpose? They want to have sex, therefore convince themselves that they are in love to justify the act that is, by definition, instinctual and driven as much by nature as anything else?

Would this too not be "self-fraud" and "shaping matter to the purpose of the mind"? Even if subconsciously done?
    There's perhaps good evidence to indicate that's actually the case. People who do not engage in premarital sex get married earlier, on average (but this may not mean anything since the promoters of abstinence are also promoters of getting married early).

The claim is too sweeping as made in the Atlas Shrugged quote, but I do still think that there's probably a compartmentalization that must occur to believe in desexualized love which will also tend to promote sex without intimacy. I've usually felt that anyone who is quick to attempt to prescribe the definition of the word "love" is usually trying to justify that compartmentalization for self-serving reasons.

But on the flipside, it would be worse still to try to act as a kind of emotional vampire, trying to thrive off of disposable intimacy, rather than just having sex. If that's the kind of confusion a person is able to cause because they don't understand that what they're feeling is a basic sexual urge, then that is damaging and inexcusable.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That's very real. I can understand that. It's also very sweet. Do you feel that you and your partner must be in love, something beyond an emotional connection? And how do you really know if someone loves you back in the same way? I'm only asking out of genuine curiosity, not trying to trick you into a debate or anything...
    Let's just say I'd like to be able to do the recreational, I just know that right after the first time I get too attached. Another problem is, if I don't have a decent enough mental connection when the emotional connection is made it tends to rip me up a little. As for telling if someone loves me back in the same way, I can never be sure so I end up having to run on trust instead. If it feels like there is a decent enough chemical attraction and the mental is definitely there; as long as she has a decent amount of loyalty I'll base my trust off that and go from there. It's asking for a lot of pain if she's not really worth the trust, but living life itself is nothing but a long string of risks. I'm just hoping I'm calculating them enough.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]