half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    ...feel they can control their emotions...
    ...need to believe...
    ...Tenderness means capable of being hurt...
    ...XNTP's are the most afraid of being hurt...
    no no no, this thread comes down to sex does not always equal love. period.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    no no no, this thread comes down to sex does not always equal love. period.
    Nothing is ever always anything.

If sex does not involve love or is not done with an attitude of love, it should be. Otherwise, you're just rubbing your greasy bacon together like an insect. No emotion. No tenderness. Just my ovapositor snaking into someone else's shell to deposit seeds.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Nothing is ever always anything.

If sex does not involve love or is not done with an attitude of love, it should be. Otherwise, you're just rubbing your greasy bacon together like an insect. No emotion. No tenderness. Just my ovapositor snaking into someone else's shell to deposit seeds.
    also, tenderness and emotion are not synonymous with love.

(and don't tell me what I should be doing...)

MBTI
    ENTP

also, tenderness and emotion are not synonymous with love.

(and don't tell me what I should be doing...)
    Now we're just hair splitting. I get it. You want to get your bone on without it meaning shit.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Now we're just hair splitting. I get it. You want to get your bone on without it meaning shit.
    It's not hair splitting, you are being deliberately obtuse. And you know it.

MBTI
    ENTP

It's not hair splitting, you are being deliberately obtuse. And you know it.
    Where's the emote for whatev?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

This thread comes down to one simple thing.

Those who feel they can control their emotions need to believe you can separate tender emotions from physical intimacy. Tenderness means capable of being hurt. XNTP's are the most afraid of being hurt, so I would expect them to support this conceit the most vociferously.
    Lots of unfounded assumptions....
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch
    And judgments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Serotonin
    Endorphins
    Vasopressin
    Norepinephrine
    Phenylethylamine
    Dopamine
    Oxytocin
    Estrogen
    Testosterone

Those are the chemicals associated with desire, sex, and love. It's true that positive chemical reactions tend to take place between people that become sexually involved. Yes, humans are wired to continue the species. Procreation is rewarded by reactions in the body for evolutionary purposes.

However, Oxytocin needs to be released during orgasm for the process of becoming emotionally attached to begin. Increase the number of times the reaction occurs during sex, and the emotional bond becomes more intense. People don't initiate that chemical cycle with everyone, or in every single sexual interaction. Nor will both parties always do it at the same time, at the same percentage, with everyone they encounter. Much less stick around long enough for it to build to a level that's consciously recognizable.

Lacking romantic emotions during sex, has nothing to do with whether an individual is a sociopath or not. It's merely the nature of certain chemical reactions. What about couples that no longer love each other anymore, but continue to have sex. Or one person that's in love with someone, but it isn't reciprocated. Yet, they too have sex. Or one night stands, friends with benefits, or any other casual sexual encounter. This happens all the time, far more than interactions that lead to love.

Sensation doesn't equal emotion. Yet, emotions can bring up physiological sensations.

Sensation:

1 a: a mental process (as seeing, hearing, or smelling) resulting from the immediate external stimulation of a sense organ often as distinguished from a conscious awareness of the sensory process compare perception b: awareness (as of heat or pain) due to stimulation of a sense organ c: a state of consciousness due to internal bodily changes <a sensation of hunger> d: an indefinite bodily feeling <a sensation of buoyancy>2: something (as a physical stimulus, sense-datum, or afterimage) that causes or is the object of sensation.

Emotion:

1 disturbance b: excitement2 a: the affective aspect of consciousness : feeling b: a state of feeling c: a conscious mental reaction (as anger or fear) subjectively experienced as strong feeling usually directed toward a specific object and typically accompanied by physiological and behavioral changes in the body.
    This thread comes down to one simple thing.

Those who feel they can control their emotions need to believe you can separate tender emotions from physical intimacy. Tenderness means capable of being hurt. XNTP's are the most afraid of being hurt, so I would expect them to support this conceit the most vociferously.

Control is an illusion. We don't even know ourselves that well, I imagine.
    Wrong.

There's nothing to separate, if it never creates itself in the first place. All emotions are chemical reactions. They don't always occur with everyone. Therefore, it's not always about suppression. This is your moral judgment. It's not scientifically valid.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Lots of unfounded assumptions....

And judgments.
    And tasty bacon.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Wrong.

There's nothing to separate, if it never creates itself in the first place. All emotions are chemical reactions. They don't always occur with everyone. Therefore, it's not always about suppression. This is your moral judgment. It's not scientifically valid.
    thank you. (I loved your post, btw)

And tasty bacon.
    I'm a vegan.