User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Sex without love is like cake without icing. Why the hell would you take it!?

MBTI
    INTJ

I'd liken sex without some emotional attachment to icing without the cake, actually.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Nice.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

^^also agree, aleph...

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Sex without love is like cake without icing. Why the hell would you take it!?
    It's funny that you say that, but I actually scrape the icing off!! It's nasty.

For me, Risen, I need to respect someone's mind before I share my body. I need to be impressed, challenged, and in a way, "look up to" that person. But if someone can't hold my mental interest, it ain't happening. During the physical act, my brain is constantly questioning and testing, finding limits and exploring. I'm not feeling love. But I am feeling curiosity and gaining knowledge, which is the hottest, most erotic feeling to me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    I'd liken sex without some emotional attachment to icing without the cake, actually.
    Well, cake is good and sweet on its own, but without icing, it's dull and dry to the mouth. It lacks the full flavor and substance of true cake, provided by the small yet vital addition of icing. Likewise, sex without love may be pleasurable on the most physical level, but you will never know the full pleasure of sex without the addition of love.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Likewise, sex without love may be pleasurable on the most physical level, but you will never know the full pleasure of sex without the addition of love.
    I know that due to insecurities, some people need that level of reassurance, but it's unrealistic to say that there is a 'full pleasure' that you know of, that I am not reaching and don't experience. Silly rabbit...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I know that due to insecurities, some people need that level of reassurance, but it's unrealistic to say that there is a 'full pleasure' that you know of, that I am not reaching and don't experience. Silly rabbit...
    Oh go eat your icing without the cake :P .

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    ^^also agree, aleph...

It's funny that you say that, but I actually scrape the icing off!! It's nasty.

For me, Risen, I need to respect someone's mind before I share my body. I need to be impressed, challenged, and in a way, "look up to" that person. But if someone can't hold my mental interest, it ain't happening. During the physical act, my brain is constantly questioning and testing, finding limits and exploring. I'm not feeling love. But I am feeling curiosity and gaining knowledge, which is the hottest, most erotic feeling to me.
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Love... can be there... but so rarely is. I don't like it. It's too raw. Too naked. Too, how Synarch put it, hermit crab outside its shell. It's deep. It hurts. And the only thing I want is for their mind to be blown away. And not even care about myself in the act.

I like it when they adore me. Call me a goddess. Say my name. Be gentle, yet amazing and confident. Then, I feel loved.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

This thread comes down to one simple thing.

Those who feel they can control their emotions need to believe you can separate tender emotions from physical intimacy. Tenderness means capable of being hurt. XNTP's are the most afraid of being hurt, so I would expect them to support this conceit the most vociferously.

Control is an illusion. We don't even know ourselves that well, I imagine.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

And I should clarify that I don't mean love in terms of some ultimate bond, but love as in caring about the person you are mating with on some deeper level, as opposed to a one night stand with someone you just met. We have love for friends, then we have romantic love that can be expressed sexually.

Sex without any sort of bonds or attachments is, again, pointless in my mind. God gave me a right hand for that .

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    This thread comes down to one simple thing.

Those who feel they can control their emotions need to believe you can separate tender emotions from physical intimacy. Tenderness means capable of being hurt. XNTP's are the most afraid of being hurt, so I would expect them to support this conceit the most vociferously.

Control is an illusion. We don't even know ourselves that well, I imagine.
    DEAD ON!