User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    love and sex should go hand in hand
    but does it happen?
    no, not really.

im a really sexual person but in all honesty, when it comes down to it, id rather just keep away from all that physical intimacy until i feel theres a mutual emotional commitment. i dont like feeling used. it kills my ego and pride and self esteem. i really dont understand 'casual sex' or one night stands
    I understand exactly where you are coming from, I can relate to that.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    And also, the point is that just because a relationship is not centered around deep feelings of love, doesn't mean that sex is therefore casual or a one night stand. You can date someone and feel a passion for them, knowing that you won't spend eternity with them... We've ALL done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I just make the claim that you can't separate the physical from the emotional. This is not that weird. If you can, in my mind, you're a monster.
    For clarity's sake, I think Synarch's point is that someone who is able to have sex without any complicating intimacy is akin to a sociopathic serial killer. That person is able to kill without guilt or remorse, which is something that only the smallest percentage of humans can do. They may not even realize that killing is wrong or understand why.

I don't mean to equate casual sex with murder. But the quality of "otherness" and the inhumanity are of a like kind.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    For clarity's sake, I think Synarch's point is that someone who is able to have sex without any complicating intimacy is akin to a sociopathic serial killer. That person is able to kill without guilt or remorse, which is something that only the smallest percentage of humans can do. They may not even realize that killing is wrong or understand why.

I don't mean to equate casual sex with murder. But the quality of "otherness" and the inhumanity are of a like kind.
    Sure, thanks for the clarity.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I dunno, I'm pretty sure that (if you're not some sort of sociopath) any physical activity that you engage in also affects your cognitive/emotional faculties on some level. I therefore don't find the separation of sex from emotion argument to be convincing.

That being said, I guess the distinction really boils down to the scope of the emotion. For instance, someone in this thread mentioned that they like to feel the intimate connection in the moment, but don't think that it's necessary to carry that feeling for a longer period of time than it takes to finish the sexual act. Others don't think it's worth the emotional titillation if the feeling isn't going to last longer than it takes to have sex.

I personally fall into the latter camp. I don't think it's worth getting myself all riled up if I know already that nothing is going to come of it. That would be like purposely going out, finding someone that I relate to spectacularly, spending a day doing awesome and interesting things (both physical and intellectual/emotional), and then dropping them at the end of the day. And then repeating with someone else the next day, just for the fun of the experience. I guess in retrospect I would value the experience, but purposely doing that over and over seems pointless and would take too much energy.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I sort of agree. I can have detached sex, in a situation where its a completely detached thing (like say... a stripper), but otherwise I don't like it. I don't like *trying* to have sex with no strings attached. My desires aren't so base and primal. As much as I sometimes try not to care about people, I still care about people, and I can't factor out certain social things when it comes to sexual interaction. It is, rightfully, the realm of feeling and extroversion, and should not be so detached from it.

MBTI
    ENTP

No, categorically not, and not the other way round either. The two can be either linked or completely divorced from each other, to me.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't like touching people I'm not infatuated with.

[ISTJ impersonation]: Um, excuse me? Shouldn't that be, "I dislike touching those with whom I am not infatuated?"
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I know. I liked being a monster. I could live with that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Aw, look, you made Blah's banana sad!