User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

The interesting thing here, though, is the connection between body and emotion. Obviously individual experiences of that connect vary widely, but is there some objective way in which they interact?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Assuming that her oxytocin levels are pretty high right now, I think... her level of detachment isn't a representation of how much of a lack of love she feels. In fact, I think it's opposite.

INTP tend to have a very unique ability to keep a really 'calm' mood. I think some people deal with attachment in different ways? Some people appear to be more attached, are in fact, less attached, vice versa. I know an INTP who deals with this issue- she keeps it well kept. She appears aloof, but she battles with feeling too clingy, so she intentionally keeps distance with some people she dates in the beginning.

Give it a bit more time man.. Eventually, when she gets comfortable with you, she may even pay you a random visit in the middle of the night- Hop a fence to get to your door. <--- Not for sex, but to talk about intimate stuff that inhibits her.

That trust, my friend.. takes time and 'space.' I think INTPs like my friend have a good heart- so if you're feeling her? Keep on being you, have faith, and let her be off alone for a while. Eventually, things will work out, depending on how honest 'both' parties are with one another. Honesty is key!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    The interesting thing here, though, is the connection between body and emotion. Obviously individual experiences of that connect vary widely, but is there some objective way in which they interact?
    So, objectively measuring physical reactions against the level of commitment self-reported by a couple?

I see this ending badly. Possibly with cattle prods.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm a monster. That's awesome.

Sex is sex. It's a physical activity that can either be - a deeply spiritual and connected display of love and caring and total giving of your mind and body to the other person. Or - a pleasant, fun activity two people do for release and pleasure. Sex never = love. They can combine and that's glorious of course but it never has to be the case. Some people prefer it that way and some don't.
    Word. Let's all go live in monsterville.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    haha sex = love...

youre silly

love = sex, though

So...how do you explain the fact that I've had sex with people I didn't love romantically? And still enjoyed it thoroughly?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    haha sex = love...

youre silly

love = sex, though
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    So...how do you explain the fact that I've had sex with people I didn't love romantically? And still enjoyed it thoroughly?
    I think you may be reading this backward. I took it to mean that sex is possibly (and enjoyable) without love whereas love inevitably leads to sexual expression of one form or another.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Maybe it's just my tertiary Fi speaking but IMO sex is dull unless love in involved.
    Autistic INFP

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Assuming that her oxytocin levels are pretty high right now, I think... her level of detachment isn't a representation of how much of a lack of love she feels. In fact, I think it's opposite.

INTP tend to have a very unique ability to keep a really 'calm' mood. I think some people deal with attachment in different ways? Some people appear to be more attached, are in fact, less attached, vice versa. I know an INTP who deals with this issue- she keeps it well kept. She appears aloof, but she battles with feeling too clingy, so she intentionally keeps distance with some people she dates in the beginning.

Give it a bit more time man.. Eventually, when she gets comfortable with you, she may even pay you a random visit in the middle of the night- Hop a fence to get to your door. <--- Not for sex, but to talk about intimate stuff that inhibits her.

That trust, my friend.. takes time and 'space.' I think INTPs like my friend have a good heart- so if you're feeling her? Keep on being you, have faith, and let her be off alone for a while. Eventually, things will work out, depending on how honest 'both' parties are with one another. Honesty is key!
    What is this heart you speak of?

Also I can relate to being clingy, but it wares of quickly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

The same way I just pushed Mr. ENFJ down on the laundry room floor, ripped his pants off and had my way with him an hour ago. And I never once said "I love you" the whole time.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The same way I just pushed Mr. ENFJ down on the laundry room floor, ripped his pants off and had my way with him an hour ago. And I never once said "I love you" the whole time.

MBTI
    ENTP

love and sex should go hand in hand
    but does it happen?
    no, not really.

im a really sexual person but in all honesty, when it comes down to it, id rather just keep away from all that physical intimacy until i feel theres a mutual emotional commitment. i dont like feeling used. it kills my ego and pride and self esteem. i really dont understand 'casual sex' or one night stands
    She talks pretty but says mean things