• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The ENTP Support Thread

Qre:us

marmandahalf

The idea of an ENTP support thread is interesting in and of itself. I would imagine that it consists mostly of "I philosophically agree with your point of view" or silence. But then, my F is terribly underdeveloped.

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
I got home today and realized I had only one sock on. I then spent the rest of the day wondering how this could have happened.:thinking:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Let me highlight the most relevant of even that!
For the ultimate P-eaze.

You just got my attention. I'm considering thinking about reading it now :hug:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i would give a specific example but it happens so often that, by now, im used to finding my underwear in my shoes and not wondering how it got there

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um so basically like she woke up and then hung out with an ESFJ and took a shower at some point, and I think she had to make a presentation on something or other.

That's about all I picked up in the NP Skim-Thru™ (patent pending)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
btw,

I just went downstairs and got a glass of lemonade, only to find my previous glass of lemonade still sitting by the computer, half full.

(Not half empty!)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Um so basically like she woke up and then hung out with an ESFJ and took a shower at some point, and I think she had to make a presentation on something or other.

That's about all I picked up in the NP Skim-Thru™ (patent pending)

:smile:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr-e3qGQ884&fmt=22"]Disturbing Strokes[/YOUTUBE]

Halp.

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr-e3qGQ884&fmt=22"]Disturbing Strokes[/YOUTUBE]

Halp.

That made me giggle quite a bit. :yes:

BUT HOW SCARY IS THAT?

And before you say anythinga bout support, I didn't get ANY, mann. I almost lost my calc!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
hall_of_columns_2.jpg

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I spent ALL of yesterday, at work, trying to figure out some major accounting errors. (I know nothing about accounting) 7 HOURS!!!!

The solution took about an hour, including clean up, shipment, and chit-chat.

What was the solution?

WORK BACKWARDS!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I noticed a huge bruise on my hip/thigh on Wed. I don't know how long it's been there, or where it came from. I then proceeded to research diabetes, hemophilia, liver disease and "unexplained bruises" on google. After about 2 hours on the computer and about 4 calls to my doctor, I remembered that I got it the day before. :doh:

minus the calls to the doctor (as i always assume my doctor was a C student), this has happened to me many times. with cuts too. except that by the time i'm done googling, it's hours later, and i've totally forgotten what i started looking for and ended up with 15-20 other tabs open about things completely different.

Two times this week I sent embarrassing emails to the wrong people.

done this numerous times too. in the past, it's been IMs or emails to someone venting about my deepest, most vulnerable feelings for someone. but, instead of sending them to my venting partner, i sent them to THE GUY.

i would give a specific example but it happens so often that, by now, im used to finding my underwear in my shoes and not wondering how it got there

yup! i've done things so many times that others have told me would absolutely mortify them and freeze them into complete inaction. luckily for me, i've always been able to quickly bounce back and laugh at the complete absurdity of these situations. even telling others about them so they can have a good laugh too (and not feel so bad when things happen to them).

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Yick, so I'm a really crappy planner, and in the past before I had more things to do and more people to hang out with, I was usually able to mask this fact. But now I've got a ton of homework (end of the semester's here), a boyfriend, a best friend, parents who are going through the difficulties of their child moving towards moving out.... I'm having to learn to become more organized than I used to be to avoid sending everyone the wrong messages and pissing everyone off. I realize I'm the weak link in most of this - I've been too lazy and passive for too long, and I know it - but a complaint specific to my boyfriend.

He's an ENTP too, but he's more confident, take-charge, and opinionated than me (I blame a lot of it on my being a girl and getting f'ed up in the socialization process - but that's just me being whiny...maybe). When we started dating, he was like "We'll both have our own things to keep us occupied, so we won't turn into clingers," and I was really happy about that. But now it's getting to the point where he doesn't have as much work to do and he doesn't keep up with his friends as much as I do, and so he's got all this free time he fills by coming up with stuff for us to do. Now, I don't mind hanging out with him a lot, and I don't feel clinged on per se, but he keeps sending me these subtle hints that he feels he's being too dominant in planning, and that he thought I'd become less passive when we started dating. Now, it's true, he does make most of the plans, and part of my passivity is due to my getting used to having a boyfriend, period (he's my first). But at this moment in time these little hints are succeeding more in pissing me off than encouraging me, because I'm really f'ing busy and am finding it hard to work up some magnificent plan a week ahead of time when I've got 4 papers due in one week and getting those done takes priority over everyone else. And I know part of the problem is, that he has more free time than me, and it seems like he's forgotten about his other friends and assumes that free time for him = hang-out time for us. So he plans things...BECAUSE HE HAS THE TIME AND MENTAL ENERGY LEFT TO DO SO AND I DO NOT.

I'm sure once this week is over, I'll have time to take such initiative (I've already told him this, and he knows I'm busy), but right now I just feel patronized by him in a way I don't feel patronized by the complaints of my mom (ISFJ) or my best friend (ESFJ) that have come up about related matters. And I don't like feeling patronized. At all. Even if his tone is unintentional.

So yeah, there's a rant for ya'll. Give meh some of the 'ol support.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Why do people assume that INTJs are the most emotional of the NTs?

We show our emotion like crazy. Just look at us! No wait... maybe that's confusion.

I'm hungry.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
People assume that? I've never heard it. Actually, I thought they assumed the opposite.