• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Signs an INTP *Likes* You

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
You put it all into words so precisely.
I've just invested a bunch of time into this. As one does. Imperative.

The last couple years haven't been great, but... well, as they say. Live and learn. Got a bunch of stuff to apply now!

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I dunno! Some parts seem skewed that way.

What looks more universal, or at least generalized, to you?

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I know how to tell if I like someone. I space out at them hardcore, then that's about it... yeah...:blush:

Looking at other people I see mainly the same thing. That and a lot of overt comments that should really be more covert. Nothing like a geek staring down a hot chick and asking her personal questions.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I won't trust that an INTP likes me based on any of these 'signs' for the rest of my life. Until one actually says 'I like you as more than a friend', I'm going to write it off as merely how they display friendship. Starting relationships with this type is enough to make one old and grey.

Haha! I hear ya.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
I won't trust that an INTP likes me based on any of these 'signs' for the rest of my life. Until one actually says 'I like you as more than a friend', I'm going to write it off as merely how they display friendship. Starting relationships with this type is enough to make one old and grey.

Haha! I hear ya.

What? The challenge isn't worth the reward?

p.s. I (gasp... cough... gag) luv ya.

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I tend to be really mean to people I like, in an effort to seem like I don't like them.
And then I end up thinking over it on the way home and realizing, hey, she thinks I'm mad at her. Whoops. And then I have to email her/him.
If I don't do that I just don't talk in front of the person.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I dunno! Some parts seem skewed that way.

What looks more universal, or at least generalized, to you?

All of the following:

1) Throws "stones" at me - teases and banters mercilessly.
2) We seem to go into our own little world of conversation when together - to the exclusion of others who sit there and go what the h*ll are they talking about??!
3) Grins and makes fleeting eye contact before bashfully looking away...
4) Has majorly intense moments with me and then withdraws according to how extreme the intensity was - lol - I am beginning to think it's directly proportional.
5) Is EXTREMELY articulate, until she tries to talk about her feelings for me and then turns into a bumbling, muttering mess - usually followed by fleeing the scene.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I tend to be really mean to people I like, in an effort to seem like I don't like them.
And then I end up thinking over it on the way home and realizing, hey, she thinks I'm mad at her. Whoops. And then I have to email her/him.
If I don't do that I just don't talk in front of the person.

Yes, if I like someone I will tend to jab at them a lot. Sometimes I may go too far and I get shut out. Oh well. Next victim.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Sort of a bear cub thing.

I tend to do the same thing, verbally. Though I also just play with them, deconstructing who they are. That goes from refusing to call them by their proper names (in favor of my own variations thereupon) to mapping out their behavior in advance to making unflattering generalizations out of their flaws.

I'm not sure why I do any of this. I guess it's like I'm psychologically fluffing a pillow.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
She probably does have feelings. Don't let her be consumed by these, for that would really hurt her permanently.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sort of a bear cub thing.

I tend to do the same thing, verbally. Though I also just play with them, deconstructing who they are. That goes from refusing to call them by their proper names (in favor of my own variations thereupon) to mapping out their behavior in advance to making unflattering generalizations out of their flaws.

I'm not sure why I do any of this. I guess it's like I'm psychologically fluffing a pillow.

Fluffing a pillow?

What you are doing is attempting to dominate them. Because you have noticed they have some influence over you and you are so averse to being controlled by others that you are desperately trying to gain the upper hand. Men in particular, do this I've noticed.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Dominate? I'm not so sure about that. Perhaps exert some control over my half of things. That's sensible enough. I'm certainly not interested in imposing anything on her, though. And it is meant to be affectionate.

Mostly it amuses me. Self-possession through humor.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Fluffing a pillow?

What you are doing is attempting to dominate them. Because you have noticed they have some influence over you and you are so averse to being controlled by others that you are desperately trying to gain the upper hand. Men in particular, do this I've noticed.

Take it back! Women!

*wrestles the post away from her*

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I think the real problem is that I'm insecure about what I'm feeling, which leads me to a certain ironic detachment. I mildly jab at the object of my insecurity, using the tools more comfortable to me -- the thinking and the intuition -- to probe out the nature of the threat. See what response I get. Mine for information, so I can figure out what to make of the situation.

There may be some other aspect as well. A certain element of showing off. Here, I'm interested enough to think about you. Here's an origami swan made out of your flaws. I notice them, and that's fine. They don't bother me; they entertain me. You're human, and that's cool.

I don't know. There's a bunch going on here, it looks like.