User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ConchShell View Post
    Not if the challenge is nearly impossible. Life's too short to spend most of it going old and grey!
    I have to suspect you'll spend a majority of it growing old and grey with or without the challenge.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    I dunno! Some parts seem skewed that way.

What looks more universal, or at least generalized, to you?
    All of the following:

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    1) Throws "stones" at me - teases and banters mercilessly.
    2) We seem to go into our own little world of conversation when together - to the exclusion of others who sit there and go what the h*ll are they talking about??!
    3) Grins and makes fleeting eye contact before bashfully looking away...
    4) Has majorly intense moments with me and then withdraws according to how extreme the intensity was - lol - I am beginning to think it's directly proportional.
    5) Is EXTREMELY articulate, until she tries to talk about her feelings for me and then turns into a bumbling, muttering mess - usually followed by fleeing the scene.
    we fukin won boys

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Oh! Well, yes. I can see that, then.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    I tend to be really mean to people I like, in an effort to seem like I don't like them.
    And then I end up thinking over it on the way home and realizing, hey, she thinks I'm mad at her. Whoops. And then I have to email her/him.
    If I don't do that I just don't talk in front of the person.
    Yes, if I like someone I will tend to jab at them a lot. Sometimes I may go too far and I get shut out. Oh well. Next victim.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Sort of a bear cub thing.

I tend to do the same thing, verbally. Though I also just play with them, deconstructing who they are. That goes from refusing to call them by their proper names (in favor of my own variations thereupon) to mapping out their behavior in advance to making unflattering generalizations out of their flaws.

I'm not sure why I do any of this. I guess it's like I'm psychologically fluffing a pillow.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

She probably does have feelings. Don't let her be consumed by these, for that would really hurt her permanently.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Sort of a bear cub thing.

I tend to do the same thing, verbally. Though I also just play with them, deconstructing who they are. That goes from refusing to call them by their proper names (in favor of my own variations thereupon) to mapping out their behavior in advance to making unflattering generalizations out of their flaws.

I'm not sure why I do any of this. I guess it's like I'm psychologically fluffing a pillow.
    Fluffing a pillow?

What you are doing is attempting to dominate them. Because you have noticed they have some influence over you and you are so averse to being controlled by others that you are desperately trying to gain the upper hand. Men in particular, do this I've noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Dominate? I'm not so sure about that. Perhaps exert some control over my half of things. That's sensible enough. I'm certainly not interested in imposing anything on her, though. And it is meant to be affectionate.

Mostly it amuses me. Self-possession through humor.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Fluffing a pillow?

What you are doing is attempting to dominate them. Because you have noticed they have some influence over you and you are so averse to being controlled by others that you are desperately trying to gain the upper hand. Men in particular, do this I've noticed.
    Take it back! Women!

*wrestles the post away from her*

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

I think the real problem is that I'm insecure about what I'm feeling, which leads me to a certain ironic detachment. I mildly jab at the object of my insecurity, using the tools more comfortable to me -- the thinking and the intuition -- to probe out the nature of the threat. See what response I get. Mine for information, so I can figure out what to make of the situation.

There may be some other aspect as well. A certain element of showing off. Here, I'm interested enough to think about you. Here's an origami swan made out of your flaws. I notice them, and that's fine. They don't bother me; they entertain me. You're human, and that's cool.

I don't know. There's a bunch going on here, it looks like.