• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP females are...

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I got a good dose of that last night. Read the thread entitled NT Sex=Love.

marmandahalf

I got a good dose of that last night. Read the thread entitled NT Sex=Love.

Not the same thing. With the fictional she-demon spiel, it's that people think that our combination of traits residing within a woman is unnatural, scary, whatev. With the whole sex thread, it was a specific view of yours that was being called into question. And that view isn't a necessarily female ENTP thing. Case in point: me.

I still love you lots, though! :yes:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Not the same thing. With the fictional she-demon spiel, it's that people think that our combination of traits residing within a woman is unnatural, scary, whatev. With the whole sex thread, it was a specific view of yours that was being called into question. And that view isn't a necessarily female ENTP thing. Case in point: me.

I still love you lots, though! :yes:

I was just teasing, I wasn't serious.

And I definitely know that my viewpoint doesn't apply to all, I'm very happy to be in a world of variety. :hug:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
...very cool

too bad everyone else thinks half of you are too intimidating and the other half are lumberjacks from time when lumberjacking was done by hand

we shuold team up

sculpting

I really dig entp chicks honestly. Not like that silly, just thier confidence and logic are so complementary to my spasticity. You guys are awesome.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My view of an ENTP female is less demonic and more along the lines of that one scary ride at the amusment park you end up addicted to.

Qre:us

...very cool

too bad everyone else thinks half of you are too intimidating and the other half are lumberjacks from time when lumberjacking was done by hand

we shuold team up

Lumberjacking? Wishful thinking, maybe?

Twig-stroking more like it? :cheese:

On a serious note: why the intimidation, you think?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intimidation isn't so much a problem as not knowing whether or not I'd be interesting enough in return.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Lots of people say this. I find everyone interesting, at least for awhile (read: until I've figured them out).

Yeah, I hear this a lot too. Why does everyone think we have the attention span of a 2 year old?

Edit: I think I know the answer to my own question. :doh:

Qre:us

Intimidation isn't so much a problem as not knowing whether or not I'd be interesting enough in return.

One of my strengths, I believe, is that I can be intrigued by pretty much anything.....make any irrelevant thing relevant (if my mood is in it). I find those that think themselves *not interesting* enough, will become so because of their assumed thinking. If anything, I find the quiet, shy ones the most interesting. ;) (still waters run deep)

And, interesting for interesting is not a trade I expect from my interactions, as, we each measure/evaluate interesting is many a ways. Be real, and I'll be real, in return, is all the expectation I ask of another.

Random rant/thought [from my RL personal experience]: I have issues actually, sometimes, with this notion of 'being interesting'. Last week, one of my best friends invited me to hang out with this random girl she knows and another of her friend. The random girl I've met through her quite a few times, she's a loud ESFP, but, she's got a gentle heart.....and I get along with her well. Just like anyone else, I can have my quiet days too. However, my best friend interpreted me being quiet in our get-together as I possibly may have an issue with the ESFP and why didn't I tell her? :shock:

:doh: Sometimes, my being quiet, as odd as the event may be, has *nothing* to do with YOU (the outside world)....but I guess people have this expectation of me to always be 'on'/entertaining, that when I am not, they are suspicious or let down. That kinda hurts, in a weird way.

I have had other friends, who will insist on introducing me to their friends, and I always get from these people I just met, "I've heard a lot about you!" And, then I feel like a monkey at a circus, with them all looking expectantly at me, like, "DANCE MONKEY! DANCE" (be sarcastic, funny, ridiculous, radical and/or weird in thought...or whatever else I get as commentaries)

Um....me being the way I am, is 100% about ME just being....ME. It is not to entertain another......so, take your ticket and refund it!!!

/rant

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lots of people say this. I find everyone interesting, at least for awhile (read: until I've figured them out).

I guess the idea behind that then is to make sure you crazies still have something to figure out.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
ENTP Females are.....

........ light years beyond the imaginary limits others place on them

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
One of my strengths, I believe, is that I can be intrigued by pretty much anything.....make any irrelevant thing relevant (if my mood is in it). I find those that think themselves *not interesting* enough, will become so because of their assumed thinking. If anything, I find the quiet, shy ones the most interesting. ;) (still waters run deep)

And, interesting for interesting is not a trade I expect from my interactions, as, we each measure/evaluate interesting is many a ways. Be real, and I'll be real, in return, is all the expectation I ask of another.

Random rant/thought [from my RL personal experience]: I have issues actually, sometimes, with this notion of 'being interesting'. Last week, one of my best friends invited me to hang out with this random girl she knows and another of her friend. The random girl I've met through her quite a few times, she's a loud ESFP, but, she's got a gentle heart.....and I get along with her well. Just like anyone else, I can have my quiet days too. However, my best friend interpreted me being quiet in our get-together as I possibly may have an issue with the ESFP and why didn't I tell her? :shock:

:doh: Sometimes, my being quiet, as odd as the event may be, has *nothing* to do with YOU (the outside world)....but I guess people have this expectation of me to always be 'on'/entertaining, that when I am not, they are suspicious or let down. That kinda hurts, in a weird way.

I have had other friends, who will insist on introducing me to their friends, and I always get from these people I just met, "I've heard a lot about you!" And, then I feel like a monkey at a circus, with them all looking expectantly at me, like, "DANCE MONKEY! DANCE" (be sarcastic, funny, ridiculous, radical and/or weird in thought...or whatever else I get as commentaries)

Um....me being the way I am, is 100% about ME just being....ME. It is not to entertain another......so, take your ticket and refund it!!!

/rant

I could not agree with you more. One time I had a friend invite me to her party as 'entertainment'. I admit, most of the people who know me well see me as fun, loud, and honest. It's mostly a nice image, but sometimes I wish more people would appreciate my other side. Sometimes being the loud, sarcastic friend is just too tiring. Last week I had a movie party at my house. Of course my parents were there, so I wasn't going to be the swearing, rambunctious character I usually am (at least I toned it down) and people totally misinterpreted it as being out of a funk or something.

Although it is flattering to have 'funniest, person with the best sense of humor, and best dancer' on my superlatives box on facebook, I really wouldn't mind if it could just be 'totally not putting on a show for everyone else, most genuine, and most honest'. Because I'm not going to put on a show to make everyone happy, and I never do. If I feel like complementing your cardigan, I will. If I feel like making fun of that kid on tv wearing the horrid fedora, I'll freaking say it. If I want to just sit and listen to the people around me for once, I will. I act on sincere emotions and what I feel like. Not what will please everyone else.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

/rant

My supervisor (who is sitting beside me) and my current roommate are both ENTPs so I have seen the quiet moments and it is nice that a modicum of quiet time is built into who they are. I have my frustrations with both of them, but my experience with them has been a net positive so I don't think a healthy ENTP woman would over load me too badly (or atleast in a good way ;) ). I think the only real thing keeping me from dating an ENTP is I haven't met a female one IRL yet.