User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

As a comment, I think it is possible to be ambiverted.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ

OP sounds like an ENTP to me. Also, his profile pic has the facial expression all of my ENTP friends give me at the bar.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The most simple explanation to the ENTP thinking to be INTP problem is that interaction with the real world always forces you to use a rational function. So if you even want to take a cup out of the cupboard you have to use a coordinated rational approach.

Given that the entp rational function is Ti, its no wonder they are introverted sometimes. I even find it ultra taxing to read in forums. Every poster in a thread resonates a different frequency, so if I would read em all, one after another, I would go totally nuts cause I have to align every new perception I get from a post, with my own introverted thought system of the world.

The ultimate solution will result in headaches, feelings of near madness, insomnia and coffee abuse. Furthermore Ne + Ti will make you either real quite, avoiding contact, cause you feel one more thought and your brain is gonna leave you for good or it will let you appear weird, cause noone got the relation you just draw in your own mind between two unrelated things.

My prescription as a solution to the problem would be, let the Ti rest. Take off your pants and let the Ne + Fe combo out. Its incredibly horrible + weak at best, but at least it will save you from going nuts

Willkommen, nebenbei
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxkom View Post
    Hi all,

I'm quite new to MBTI and all this typethingy.
    I have taken 3 different tests so far and all showed me as an ENTP so far.

But I really don't seem to be very ENTPish.
    When I read the INTP descriptions they seem to fit so much better and then again not.

I love to read. I can sit hours in front of the PC and surf the web using stumble upon or jumping from one interesting topic to another, or gathering in depth knowledge on one particular topic, unwilling to stop till I figured it out completely.
    Could this be a weird expression of regarding the web as "the outside world"? So it would again fit ENTP by gathering all my ideas from outside rather than inside?
    I also have no problems in social situations. I enjoy them and like to be the center of attention as well. I was a cheerleader for 6 years, can speak in public about any topic you want me to without any preparation at all and all this stuff.
    But then however I really love to be alone because I think it's not worth it to deal with the people and rather like being alone with my thoughts, as it seems that I'm the only one who really understands me.

All in all I seem to be pretty borderline and rather an NTP than any of those specific types.

I also think I didn't found my place in life yet. I don't know what to do with it and sail through life without any plan. It often seems that life has a plan with me but I'm unable to grasp it. It has not turned out bad yet. Indeed I can consider myself very lucky and blessed by life. Not really on topic but seemed to fit somehow.

*shrugs*
    ENTPs have sometimes been described as the most introverted extravert. I find this statement true for me. I value alone-time greatly, and given circumstances, would much rather prefer 'my own world' than interacting with the 'outside'...it will depend on, again, the situation. Do I most often prefer the former or the latter? It will depend on what place I am at in my life, the environment, etc...so that doesn't help much.

And, another thing that muddled me up when I was trying to determine INTP or ENTP was that when I was in middle-school to early high-school, I was very much so an INTP, but, that's because I found my surroundings quite pathetic/distasteful. Finally, it also depends on how highly your preference is for the thinking function (if you are an ENTP)....because, it is afterall, the judging function, i.e., the function whose face is 'seen'.......and if there is a strong preference, in an ENTP, it may look like an INTP because INTPs do indeed lead with Ti, in theory. I have gotten waay better, but there were a lot of bridges I burned in my adolescence, over my cantankerous attitude of having no patience for logical contradictions in others. In anything...be it talking of lunch, or theory or philosophy.

"How can you say this? And then believe/do that? They're contradictory!! You don't make sense!!! How can I give value to the rest of what you're saying?!! Move yourself and stop wasting my time"

^ I have long ago retired that nasty attitude, as I fully embraced my ENTP-ness (although, it's still there, and I do go at others for it, my Fe balances me out so I'm nice about it in my RL interactions: hundred way to say one thing...and I realized there's much in what people say without just noticing the words that they say)

That's just a case study of me, I'm giving. You may have other issues muddling up your quest to figure out the X-factor of xNTP. Maybe ask yourself if you like to primarily figure out the world around you and then think on it? Or, do you figure out how you think of the world first and then see if it matches with reality?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

ok, after checking Trinitys link I'm quite convinced that I'm indeed ENTP.

Now for the million dollar question: What to do with my newly found out superpower?

und was genau meinst du mit hosen runterlassen entropie? ^^Hai auch.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    entp