User Tag List

123 Last

Riva

Default INTP females are you Encyclopediastic as the male INTPs?

well we all know that INTPs are walking encyclopedias. but i have noticed that INTP females are less like the INTP males when it comes to knowledge. well i know a couple of INTP females, and i know that they read a lot but they don't have that INSTANT recollection ability the INTP males have. (they are SMART mind you)

you talk about anything the INTPs knows more about it than you know. atleast logical part of it. but the INTP females doesn't seem to have it.

or maybe they do have it but doesn't have the instant recollection ability or not willing to contribute?

off topic.

and INTP females have a self-absorbed look. i actually like this.

and yes i know i missed 'as' when i wrote - INTP females are you Encyclopediastic as the male INTPs? it should be 'as encyclopediastic'

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Girls talk to you?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm not encyclopediastic, to be honest.

Sure, I know things, who doesn't. But I don't go around trying to learn entire encyclopedia's and stuff. I rather focus on the more important stuff. Like how things (philosophies/concepts that are hard to understand.) work. Rather then what everything supposedly is named.

If there is something I think I need to know. Then I'll go learn that or look it up. But I don't go learn conventional boring stuff I see no practical use in, just for the sake of knowing it.

What I am capable off however is being introduced to a new concept or material, and be able to understand and involve myself in it in no time at all at a decent enough level. (Ne-Ti)

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm not encyclopediastic, to be honest.

Sure, I know things, who doesn't. But I don't go around trying to learn entire encyclopedia's and stuff. I rather focus on the more important stuff. Like how things (philosophies/concepts that are hard to understand.) work. Rather then what everything supposedly is named.

If there is something I think I need to know. Then I'll go learn that or look it up. But I don't go learn conventional boring stuff I see no practical use in, just for the sake of knowing it.
    yes what is important to my INTP friends are important to me too i have noticed.

and i know that you guys don't try to learn everything, but INTPs are quite curious and they end up 10 steps ahead of others anyway.

so considering that INTPs are like walking knowledge banks.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Girls talk to you?
    no i go talk to them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

encylcopediastic!
    great word! thats me all over!
    random knowledge!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Maybe they do the same thing.
    They just interrelate differently with people at most, due to gender differences.

Isolated introverted males tend to feel more socially awkward and rely far more on "what they know" to win approval and make themselves acceptable to people... typical guy move. ("Look at what I can do.") Introverted women tend to engage a bit differently or look for validation on some other levels too, rather than just relying on that one thing

It has nothing to do with who knows the most... or who can recall the most (i.e., brain function).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

They just interrelate differently with people at most, due to gender differences.

Isolated introverted males tend to feel more socially awkward and rely far more on "what they know" to win approval and make themselves acceptable to people... typical guy move. ("Look at what I can do.") Introverted women tend to engage a bit differently or look for validation on some other levels too, rather than just relying on that one thing

It has nothing to do with who knows the most... or who can recall the most (i.e., brain function).
    Oh really...???

Look what I can do! *dislocates thumb*

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

yes i agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    or maybe they do have it but doesn't have the instant recollection ability or not willing to contribute?

how do they look for validation?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Oh really...???
    Look what I can do! *dislocates thumb*
    *swoons*

Quote Originally Posted by ravana
    how do they look for validation?
    Do some research on basic differences in female/male communication and social interaction and you'll get an idea. (it's too extensive for me to have the time to write a whole piece on it.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft