• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP females are you Encyclopediastic as the male INTPs?

R

Riva

No, you should be reading about general male/female differences in socializing -- a pretty broad topic but about which a lot has been published. (sorry if I sound short, I'm in "get things done" mode.)

:doh: you were referringto the validation thing. now i get it.

So you're asking this question on an Internet forum why...?
(Instead of being out talking to cute girls?)

i don't want to know about girls. i wanna know - "READ THE TITLE PLEASE". (and ignore the grammar mistakes)

but i shall try my best to keep you on the good side. you are the only INTP i know is a female for sure in this forum therefore your contribution is extremely important.

off topic - my 400th post.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A good friend of mine is a female INTP and I would say she's "encyclopediastic." She spends most of her day around books and computers so rightly so. But she won't offer information unless asked, or to correct someone :)

R

Riva

A good friend of mine is a female INTP and I would say she's "encyclopediastic." She spends most of her day around books and computers so rightly so. But she won't offer information unless asked for it or to correct someone :)

there you go. i was right. i have noticed the same.:D
they are also smart.....

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
So you're asking this question on an Internet forum why...?
(Instead of being out talking to cute girls?)

awww, why, it's GOT TO BE because you are the cutest. :yes:

I've met one INTP girl. She's no encyclopediatic, but she's damn random and funny. Her jokes have been cracking me up for 3 years now. She isn't encyclopediatic.

INTP boys are encyclopediatic, but this doesn't mean they 'show off whatever they know'. The INTP boys in my school tend to show off least actually, they never like to join a conversation with sensors. All they do is sit around the library and think to themselves :D It's so fun watching them.

I guess they have that overlapping trait eh? Being funny. Except the girls are funny in a more auditory sense and the boys visual. Hmm...me and my theories. :doh:

R

Riva

hello romeo!:hi: next time i need chick advice i am coming to you.

I've met one INTP girl. She's no encyclopediatic, but she's damn random and funny. Her jokes have been cracking me up for 3 years now. She isn't encyclopediatic.

INTP boys are encyclopediatic, but this doesn't mean they 'show off whatever they know'. The INTP boys in my school tend to show off least actually, they never like to join a conversation with sensors. All they do is sit around the library and think to themselves :D It's so fun watching them.

I guess they have that overlapping trait eh? Being funny. Except the girls are funny in a more auditory sense and the boys visual. Hmm...me and my theories. :doh:

so i am right. yipeee

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've met one INTP girl...she's damn random and funny. Her jokes have been cracking me up for 3 years now.

Yes, my INTP friend is so funny. And she speaks in a monotone which makes it even funnier. Most people don't understand her jokes though; they just think she's a little out of it.

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, my INTP friend is so funny. And she speaks in a monotone which makes it even funnier. Most people don't understand her jokes though; they just think she's a little out of it.

that's exactly what makes me crack up even more.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wow, I like you!
And what a neat profile pic, +5 on that one.

Thanks for adding your anecdotes to the collective pool, the data is helpful.

i would have used :cry: but no use. you are not a NF. it wouldn't have moved you.:cry:

Actually, I would have laughed.

that's exactly what makes me crack up even more.

*yup* :)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I remember being more the encyclopedia type when I was a kid/teen. But as I gained more social awareness, and saw how the walking encyclopedia thing wasn't exactly social gold, I toned it down a lot. These days, I don't really store information the way I used to. I devour information, but then I just kind of have a vague sense of it, and I remember where to go to look it up again if I need to. Sometimes it's frustrating, because someone will bring something up, and I'll remember that I read something about that, but I won't remember any of the details.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I remember being more the encyclopedia type when I was a kid/teen. But as I gained more social awareness, and saw how the walking encyclopedia thing wasn't exactly social gold, I toned it down a lot. These days, I don't really store information the way I used to. I devour information, but then I just kind of have a vague sense of it, and I remember where to go to look it up again if I need to. Sometimes it's frustrating, because someone will bring something up, and I'll remember that I read something about that, but I won't remember any of the details.

This is exactly my experience. In middle school I used to spout off different facts that I knew (I used to store up random information about animals...then I got hold of a Gray's Anatomy), but then this tactic ultimately got me shunned and disliked, so I stopped. Nowadays, I get the gist of something but have a hard time in discussions because I don't remember the details. I compensate by bringing notes with me.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I did it when I was younger, and still do now, to a certain extent - I am and will be involved in the academic world for some time, where it is slightly more acceptable. My mind for facts is very reference-oriented: someone mentions one thing, I remember eight different facts related to it, begin speaking on one of them and then remember more and more as I share information about the subject.

It's not a matter of showing off, or gaining validation - I just love teaching, and learning. I'm very animated when expounding on subjects that fascinate and excite me, but very dry and monotone when it comes to humor. Often is the experience had of me laughing to myself about something, a person querying about it, and me responding with a "Oh, it's nothing. ...*turns away & smiles to self*."

R

Riva

This is exactly my experience. In middle school I used to spout off different facts that I knew (I used to store up random information about animals...then I got hold of a Gray's Anatomy), but then this tactic ultimately got me shunned and disliked, so I stopped. Nowadays, I get the gist of something but have a hard time in discussions because I don't remember the details. I compensate by bringing notes with me.

you carry notes about random topics?

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Not really. If it was a natural history encyclopedia, then sure.

I'm just a reclusive joke-dispenser, really. It gets tiring.

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I know a lot(in my opinion, ha. compared to my peers...) but I don't generally talk about it.
People come to me and ask questions about random things, and I'll answer them, though.
Example: I was reading a copy of Frankenstein that happened to be a "SAT-score raising" thing with definitions on the side. My irritating friend thought I was doing this to raise my score, and I replied, irritated, "No, I know all those words already. I'm reading this because I got it in exchange for volunteer hours."
He didn't believe me and quizzed me on the words in the book. I knew them all.
So, if you give me the chance, I will be a shameless info whore. >>

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ultimate definition of a personal computer.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
or maybe they do have it but doesn't have the instant recollection ability or not willing to contribute?

As Orangey and lulah have pointed out, it's not a particularly socially acceptable thing to do. Also, I usually don't feel the need to share what I know with others. I do occasionally do the rattle-off-everything-I-know-about-a-topic at work (in relation to my projects, which I'm genuinely interested in) and then belatedly realise the person's gone blank on me. It's fun if the other person is actually interested, but that's rare.

My mind for facts is very reference-oriented: someone mentions one thing, I remember eight different facts related to it, begin speaking on one of them and then remember more and more as I share information about the subject.

This. If it's something I haven't thought about for a while, then sometimes it can take several days or a week for everything attached to that particular reference word to bubble up.