User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

INTP women aren't really interested in impressing you. They'll only share what they know or think if you impress them ( or pay them!). And that's pretty hard to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    INTP women aren't really interested in impressing you. They'll only share what they know or think if you impress them ( or pay them!). And that's pretty hard to do.
    Actually, the last time I did this was at a conference dinner when I was sitting next to one of the local gurus in our field. I also may or may not have been a tad drunk at the time.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I couldn't think of a non-offensive way to say this, glad you did!

Riva

i really didn't know that they contribute to gain social acceptance. my 2 best friends are INTPs. they always contribute their ideas(ALWAYS) once you get to know them. but they don't give a damm about social acceptance.

if they think you genuinely need to learn something, they always always help you. they don't jump in the middle of a conversation and correct you. but if they hear you say something which isn't true they correct you in a very polite manner.

but anyway you can't say they do that to gain social acceptance could you? if they do that to gain social acceptance they would do that BEFORE you get to know them well, not after???? before you get to know them the only thing they say is good morning etc.

ps - the only thing they don't know is sports. but they know the history of most sports. they don't follow the game.

you are a rude, heartless person. but i like you sister.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I couldn't think of a non-offensive way to say this, glad you did!
    i still don't like you though. i know it's mutual. but hey you are a dude.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    i really didn't know that they contribute to gain social acceptance. my 2 best friends are INTPs. they always contribute their ideas(ALWAYS) once you get to know them. but they don't give a damm about social acceptance.

if they think you genuinely need to learn something, they always always help you. they don't jump in the middle of a conversation and correct you. but if they hear you say something which isn't true they correct you in a very polite manner.
    That's more what I was like when I was younger. I did want to be liked and not rejected (loneliness is a pretty hard thing to deal with)... but I was constantly in a bind because if I was open with my ideas and experiences, some people took it as personal repudiation and then conflict would result. And I do not like conflict at all, it breaks my equanimity. I can have drag out fights over ideas as long as I don't sense personal judgment/offense being taken; but as soon as it becomes personal, I want to bail. Conflicts of ideas should not become personal, the ideas should be compared and the winning meme survive; when it gets personal, that means someone is not letting the ideas speak for themselves, they're too attached to the idea regardless of its coherence or survivability.

At this point I've already done a lot of what I wanted to do in life, and I've gotten a better sense of self, so I have had less need to approach things the same way as I used to. Sometimes i can make small talk, sometimes I can do sentimental stuff, I can do "family" stuff, I can find some enjoyment in lots of other "types" approaches that I could not enjoy when younger because it was encroaching on me and trying to invalidate me and my thoughts.

As far as sports go: I like knowing the rules or the Big Picture, so I know how to understand what's going on and what the strategies are and how to maximize returns. I can also admire excellence in sports competition when I see it. But I don't follow any actual games, nor have "teams" I push for, or.... really care about the actual playing of sports. I honestly don't understand guys (or women, for that matter) who really get into this sports stuff and follow players and teams and get excited when they win and get mad when they lose and fight with other fans over it -- it's like living vicariously through someone else's achievements.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft