• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to get places? as an NTP!

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I want some advice from other NTs.

I'm currently in S6 in the scottish school system ie last year of school. I've got decent grades and hopefully will get even better ones. AAAC at higher and soon to get AAA/AAB at AH if anyone heres familiar with the scottish grade system.

I'm 17 turning 18. I've applied to uni. Unfortunatly rejectes from my favourate St Andrews but got into Aberdeen my second choice and its a good uni.
I've appliedto year in industry a scheme for engineering/science/IT year long internships. My CV has been sent to a few companys but so far no interviews.

A lot of people will read that and i'm guessing think its good but the problem is that despite that i'm not really going anywhere. I'm just kinda drifting and going with the flow like a typical P and while i have a thousand thousand thousand ideas i'm not really doing anything with them.

So my question is NTP how do you get yourself to actually go out and get on with doing something in life? Same to NTJ as you guys clearly do get on with life. How do you get motivated and get on with stuff?

Any and all help is welcome from careers advice to "what happened to me" storys.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Fear motivates me when I feel myself starting to lag. I say this only half jokingly. There's a constant sense of time that seems to lurk within me. It's almost as if there's an hourglass in my head and I'm outside of myself watching the sand dwindling. I know you're really young, but if you keep in mind your life is roughly a quarter over it might help get you moving. It's a cliche that has been absolutely beaten to death, but life really is short. If there's something you think you want to do, don't waste your time screwing around while the clock ticks. Just do it.

(Btw, St. Andy's was one of my top picks for grad school, but I was too chicken to go all the way up to Scotland...you've got good taste!)

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Fear motivates me when I feel myself starting to lag. I say this only half jokingly. There's a constant sense of time that seems to lurk within me. It's almost as if there's an hourglass in my head and I'm outside of myself watching the sand dwindling. I know you're really young, but if you keep in mind your life is roughly a quarter over it might help get you moving. It's a cliche that has been absolutely beaten to death, but life really is short. If there's something you think you want to do, don't waste your time screwing around while the clock ticks. Just do it.

(Btw, St. Andy's was one of my top picks for grad school, but I was too chicken to go all the way up to Scotland...you've got good taste!)

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? Scotlands mental! In a good way.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Low fares AND great value.

47728517.Bus16.jpg

juggernaut

Permabanned
Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? Scotlands mental! In a good way.

Oh I intend to visit, A LOT. I was more concerned about not being in a large city. I've never been to the UK, and I figured I would ease my way in via London. Also, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do my dissertation on just yet and though St. Andrew's is 2nd only to Oxford for philosophy, it's a much smaller dept.

Certainly wasn't a choice I made out of a dislike of Scotland. Just a matter of figuring things out. More choices = less likely to find myself cornered.

*tick tock tick tock tick tock*

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ

This is the secret. NTJs have mastered automasochism. If you think we're judgmental towards other people, you should see the kinds of abuse we can turn in on ourselves. There's a tiny little bastard in my head who, even as I type this, is screaming "Why are you wasting your time on a forum? Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock!"

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
When i started distance running i had the same internal 'guessing' goin on. Somewhere after the begining, the begining where i faked like i was gonna become proficient at distance running (by running a couple of marathons) i found myself well into the science of all realms of distance runnin.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My main motivation is neccesity.

If you can find another means to motivate yourself, do so. Because using neccesity as a motivation sucks. :p

L

Lasting_Pain

Fear, Deadlines, Nagging Parents. Sadly I may be an introvert but it takes outside events to motivate me to take action.

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
External doubt. If someone says I can't do something, I challenge it and try it.

Although to others, I seem like a successful bright student, what they don't see are my horrible organization skills/fickleness/etc. But the end product is all the same. And that's quite alright.