User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default ENTJ, how do you get back on track when you've lost yourself to your worse functions?

My example goes here, an actual problem I posed here under a different title, and found a working solution shortly afterwards:

Part 1, the problem
    I've got results sometimes pointing myself to ISTJ for quite some time now:

ENTJ, how do you get back on track when you've lost yourself to your worse functions?-cogpros-gif

Too bad it isn't the sign for wonderous re-discovery of type. I'd make an awful ISTJ.

On the top of it, I feel really bad for my creativity having been so low for long time now, unless if it's about doing something the most efficient way.

Something is stressing me up and making me step away from my more developed functions. I feel like being in a loop.. ah, Ti loop, then.

The thing that disturbs me the most is my lack of daring and big-picture thinking. I've really been paying attention to miniscule details for few weeks now (part of schoolwork), but it isn't doing a good job for me.

I guess my feelings are a result of distressing period that have continued a few months now, surfacing every now and then and then going away. I'm having a tough time making all my chores fit in my schedule and maintaining a happy life on the top of it.

Suggestions?

Foremost, I'm looking to recover my big-picture thinking, and secondly, my bravery, optimism and the will to work.

The skills and habits are there, I just can't seem to get the feeling I need to use them. I feel so tired sometimes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Part 2, the solution

Okay, thinking about this, I think I got the problem.

I have to reinstate my workout program, efficient household chores, make a new budjet and start pushing myself to do all the work. Healthy eating, hurrying to do my stuff again, plus making time for relaxation every now and then.

Getting out of the lazy mood is easy and required for this to work. I have to feel in control of myself and my work again, and it means preparation and sufficient ability for every task I start.

I need to switch tasks often enough to stay out of that Ti loop (or something) I've been into. I've gotten unresponsive to boredom, which is bad, as boredom is a good indicator of some task progressing, or not so.

I'll better start to continue on schoolwork etc in short enough time fragments. Usually what I do is interesting; if it isn't, I'm doing it wrong. I've abused the lot of free time I've had in the last 10 days to the point of throwing more and more time to meaningless tasks, instead of trying to do everything fast and trying to maintain interest at what I do.

So. I started the thread to ask you help me with this; but with it solved, all I can ask now, for conversation..

Your part: ENTJs, what do you do to get back on track when you've gone astray from your better personality traits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

hmm i want to know the answer to this as its school holidays and i have literally did nothing since friday!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTJ

I was going to say "accomplish something" - set yourself a task, and do it. Whenever I get into a laziness rut, I just need to go out and get something done. That always ups my mood and makes me want to get more done.

But you kind of already answered your own qeustion saying the same thing! So, I concur.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

I suggest you take thje MBTI less seriously and just be yourself.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

top four things to do when ever you are in a rut of not being productive:

1. get up early, even if you 'dont have to', just do it. put the alarm clock across the room and dont get back in bed after you hit the alarm!!! (if you have to, you can practice this during the day time a few times for a few days if you've been a chronic snooz hitter in your past). people just ARE more productive in the morning. i dont care what people say about how sluggish they are bla bla bla, if you get up early on a consistent basis you just ARE more productive...

2. block the internet (or at least part of it) download leechblock for firefox (very customizable! can have multiple block lists that activate diff days of the week, diff hours of the day etc...also a trusty 'lockdown mode' that you can just hit for an hour or two). Make sure to uninstall internet explorer too, just to remove the temptation (use add/remove programs--> windows components...its not permanent in case you're worried)

3. workout in the morning or by midday (say 2pm at the latest). either weights or 2 mile runs or less (any more and your running pace is soooo slow)

4. make to do lists. make sure they are written in the form of an action (that can be achieved at one sitting). So instead of "work on 15 page paper" write: "create worddoc, compile call numbers of relevant book sources via/ library website".

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    +1

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    that would be usually true, but hes (she) looking to get back to his old self because current life just isn't fulfilling him

been there...it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Part 2, the solution

Okay, thinking about this, I think I got the problem.

I have to reinstate my workout program, efficient household chores, make a new budjet and start pushing myself to do all the work. Healthy eating, hurrying to do my stuff again, plus making time for relaxation every now and then.

Getting out of the lazy mood is easy and required for this to work. I have to feel in control of myself and my work again, and it means preparation and sufficient ability for every task I start.

I need to switch tasks often enough to stay out of that Ti loop (or something) I've been into. I've gotten unresponsive to boredom, which is bad, as boredom is a good indicator of some task progressing, or not so.

I'll better start to continue on schoolwork etc in short enough time fragments. Usually what I do is interesting; if it isn't, I'm doing it wrong. I've abused the lot of free time I've had in the last 10 days to the point of throwing more and more time to meaningless tasks, instead of trying to do everything fast and trying to maintain interest at what I do.

So. I started the thread to ask you help me with this; but with it solved, all I can ask now, for conversation..

Your part: ENTJs, what do you do to get back on track when you've gone astray from your better personality traits?
    So that is what Te is like, making time 100% efficient, forcing yourself to follow a rigid schedule and wake up early.......
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

So that is what Te is like, making time 100% efficient, forcing yourself to follow a rigid schedule and wake up early.......
    yes, thats it. even i do it. sometimes for up to three days in a row.
    ah, that reminds me of something ...