User Tag List

12 Last

Riva

Default why doesn't ENTPs express their anger?

Se and Te are what makes you go booooooom right?

well i am not very thorough when it comes to functions. but i know and have noticed that people who do express anger in a ranting, shouting sort of way all have Se or Te. atleast they take it seriously enough to bring the issues at hand straight to the conversation. and they express it. no fooling around...

Se, Te

if they get annoyed,
    get straight to the point and bring out their big GUNS. and shoot you till you die.

but ENTPs and INTPs do not have Se or Te. and i think we are the only types who doesn't have either of those two functions.

most of the time when people piss me off i do not show it(this does not include my family member and my closest friends).

for example - if they point one of my mistakes over and over again to get me on my nerves.

i just consider what they just said and tell them exactly the opposite of what they want to hear.

how do i do that???

i justify my actions. i say look here 'what i did was the right thing to do. it was the smartest thing to do and if you were as smart as i am you should be just like me'.

this actually creates the exact reaction that they wanted me to make. makes them go boom.

and they stop getting on my nerves too. i am not the only one. i have noticed other ENTPs doing this all the time.

anyway my question are-

(1)doesn't Fe make me shout? (because there are times mind you that i go Booom too)
    (2)am i right about Se and Te?
    (3)is it the absence if Se or Te that makes me put the anger back at the other person?

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

I don't know, (and, hence, I'm virtually useless in this thread) but if it's any consolation, that is one of the reasons I love you guys.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by something boring View Post
    I don't know, (and, hence, I'm virtually useless in this thread) but if it's any consolation, that is one of the reasons I love you guys.

MBTI
    ENTP

(1)doesn't Fe make me shout? (because there are times mind you that i go Booom too)
    Didn't you just answer your own question? TiNe prevents Fe from shouting b/c in the long run this leads to no good. But there are times where Fe will overwhelm the TiNe and burst.

I thought more of Fe & Se.

(3)is it the absence if Se or Te that makes me put the anger back at the other person?
    No, you were annoyed. You have to have some sort of outlet. If you are not gonna scream at them, might as well annoy them.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    Didn't you just answer your own question? TiNe prevents Fe from shouting b/c in the long run this leads to no good. But there are times where Fe will overwhelm the TiNe and burst.
    i didn't know the bolded part. i thought it was just Ti that sees shouting is irrelevant.

I thought more of Fe & Se.
    so Te is too unemotional to get pissed?

No, you were annoyed. You have to have some sort of outlet. If you are not gonna scream at them, might as well annoy them.
    well yes. the absence of Se Te prevented me from shouting. since i have to express my annoyance in some sort of way, i annoyed the other person in return.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    Se and Te are what makes you go booooooom right?

well i am not very thorough when it comes to functions. but i know and have noticed that people who do express anger in a ranting, shouting sort of way all have Se or Te. atleast they take it seriously enough to bring the issues at hand straight to the conversation. and they express it. no fooling around...

Se, Te

if they get annoyed,
    get straight to the point and bring out their big GUNS. and shoot you till you die.

but ENTPs and INTPs do not have Se or Te. and i think we are the only types who doesn't have either of those two functions.

most of the time when people piss me off i do not show it(this does not include my family member and my closest friends).

for example - if they point one of my mistakes over and over again to get me on my nerves.

i just consider what they just said and tell them exactly the opposite of what they want to hear.

how do i do that???

i justify my actions. i say look here 'what i did was the right thing to do. it was the smartest thing to do and if you were as smart as i am you should be just like me'.

this actually creates the exact reaction that they wanted me to make. makes them go boom.

and they stop getting on my nerves too. i am not the only one. i have noticed other ENTPs doing this all the time.

anyway my question are-

All types express all functions in a huge number of varying capacities, strengths, forms and faces. You can't really discern with any degree of reliability which functions are responsible for which behavior in others.

Fe could make you shout. So could Te. So could Se. So could Ne+Ti, or Fi+Ni+Te+Si, or...infinitely many other combinations, and since these are internalized processes, nobody but the person in question can really directly observe which is taking the wheel at any given time.

And yes, ENTPs have Te and Se, just like everybody else. Different life conditions cause different functions to be developed in varying strengths and used in varying frequencies--again, the only person who can discern your most natural functions is you.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

iNtuition will play a role, since they will think for the future rather than the "now" which has more to do with Sensing.

Take TeNi.
    our NTJ cousins, its what it gets paired with.
    Regardless, Fe players a stronger role than Te.

Well you can phrase it that way, but its more accurate to say it was iNtuiton and Thinking is at work.
    b/c ESTP can pull the samething you did. and they have Se as primary.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    iNtuition will play a role, since they will think for the future rather than the "now" which has more to do with Sensing.

Take TeNi.
    our NTJ cousins, its what it gets paired with.
    Regardless, Fe players a stronger role than Te.

Well you can phrase it that way, but its more accurate to say it was iNtuiton and Thinking is at work.
    b/c ESTP can pull the samething you did. and they have Se as primary.
    if they really do get mad, they don't fool around LIKE I DO. they'll throw it in your face. man, never get a ESTP to get mad. for them there is no time, no place, no consequences considered. bang it on your face.....

but they are a cool bunch. i don't deny that. and they can tease people too. but not when they are provoked.that's my 2 cents for you.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Because anger is a pointless emotion. It achieves nothing.

Even when upset I'm rarely in the moment, my N is working out how best to achieve the results I want, losing control of my emotions is not an effective way of doing that.

It's a combination of Ne/Ti/Fe imo, and in that order.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Because anger is a pointless emotion. It achieves nothing.

Even when upset I'm rarely in the moment, my N is working out how best to achieve the results I want, losing control of my emotions is not an effective way of doing that.

It's a combination of Ne/Ti/Fe imo, and in that order.
    agreeeed.

i guess that's the Ti thinking it's useless and the Ne which thinks how to get the answer you want?