• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Does the world hate INTP's? All types welcome.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
This is in reference to INTJ123 on page 15. That is quite perceptive; does Tiger Woods come to mind?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Reply with quote" function is your friend.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"Reply with quote" function is your friend.

Ha ha. No doubt!

My father served 30 years in the U.S. Navy, he used to tell about what happened to INTPs (socially ackward) types.

What happens to them?

The INTPs great challenge is dealing with authority. We like to think about things our way and on our time.

This is true. Autonomy is very important.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
Ha ha. No doubt!

What happens to them?

This is true. Autonomy is very important.

They were ostracized. The silent treatment is one of the worst things you can experience when you are at sea for three to six months. Or worse, they were beaten, tossed off the ship, or given the most mundane and dirty tasks.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Is that what your dad told you that you were like? Not really a healthy way to encourage a child to push outside their comfort zone.

I've been wondering how the "nerds r great" atmosphere is going to change that old dynamic.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Does the world hate INTPs? No. It's more likely that the world does not notice INTPs.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
And that's because cannibals ate all the intps !

Really, intp threads tend to be so depressing you cant even make something up here :D

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Does the world hate INTPs? No. It's more likely that the world does not notice INTPs.

good point

@jdg thinking of people in boxes is so mindnumbing easy and leaves you to bitterness, misanthropy and circular thinking/behavior.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My dream for many years has been to be in authority position over SJs. I look forward to torturing them. It is truly amazing when you outsmart an SJ or J, they drop all logic. But, be careful, a SJ authority may quit for the sake of pride or become violent.

Recall the contention in the series Band of Brothers between Winters and Sobel. Winter is a classic ESTJ; he risked a court martial (pride) rather than continue to take orders from Sobel, who was probably an INTP/J.

I'd bitch slap you

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
Honestly I thought the Western world currently preferred NTs: scientific, rational thinkers. Isn't that part of the dominant culture type? I read somewhere that Americans idealize ENTJs or something like that.

I don't hate NTs. I don't like all of them, but I could say that about any type. Why do you feel that people hate you?

They admire them but they prefer to be around EFs.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't doubt your type, you just sounded like that could be an environment in which you would feel comfortable. That's all.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Oh dear, you have quite the persecution complex, don't you JDG26?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I do not hate INTPs therefor the entire world cannot hate INTPs since the world includes me : ))

rav3n

Yes, we hate INTPs! Hope that makes the OP happy.

And now that's out of the way, most INTPs are okay where there's the odd one that needs to be sacked. ;)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really???? REAAAALLLY???

The right question is if the "world's hate" matter or not.

...Oh, and the right answer is that it doesn't.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
We're smart-__, know-it-alls. Our humor tends to be sarcastic and too deep for many to understand.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
INTPs are the like the rambling cousins of the MBTI club.

Here is my 200,000 word dissertation on how '2 + 2 = 4'

OH GOD WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP.