• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Does the world hate INTP's? All types welcome.

F

figsfiggyfigs

INTP's are some of the funniest people on this site. I enjoy their comments immensely.
so definitely no hate towards them! :D

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why erva boda b hatin on me, huh?

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
You will probably have a difficult time "breaking through," e.g. job interviews. It is best to put yourself in situations where the interviewer, date, etc. does not have any "personal" knowledge of you.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs have difficulty with ENTJ/INTJs in job settings due to heirarchy/authority structures. INTPs just want to do what they like/love but on their terms. An I/ENTJ will fire you for not doing things their way regardless of your competency, intelligence, or experience. Look for SFs because they have a "heart," and will take into account your emotional needs. The difficulty is in breaking through because INTPs appear arrogant initially. Breaking through is all about an assessment of "fit." This applies in all new situations including dating.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
It is very difficult, but learn to fake being an emotional (feeling) person. I am a professor, and "success" (survival) depends on your ability to be emotive. I actually review my lectures and purposely place emotive words particularly "feel" in them. It is hard but it is a question of survival. We have to make it in a world populated mainly by persons who act on emotion (feeling).

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
I was actually asked in an interview what movies I like. I made the mistake of stating Office Space and Idiocracy (INTP/J oriented critiques of the world we live in). When I was in high school, I became more cognizant of the fact that most persons are very emotional (feeling) and sensing. You have to put on a facade to make it. If you don't have a PhD or a lot of luck, you will be stuck in a really rotten existence. INTPs need academic/intelligence credentials or you will look like a fool when you spout off theories or perceptively analyze the political and/or economic situation, etc.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
My experience is that Js are the type most likely to "hate" you. They simply do not like others challenging their position. In my experience as a professor, SFs and NFs are often intrigued by NTs. I have been flirted with and asked out by students, who were clearly SFs or NFs. I think NTs are kind of a novelty to them; they yearn or dream of having an "real" conversation rathering than listening to their slobbering couch potato husband/B.F.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't hate INTPs, I hate ENTPs --- and even then only ENTP males who wildly abuse their tert Fe. I actually get along with most ENTP ladies quite well.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
In my experience, FPs and NTPs generally get along okay. It is the SJs, stressing the J, that incite the most contention with INTPs. A down-to-earth, judgmental is hard to get along with. They are not interested in anything other doing it their way, and they have no problems with telling you that. They will tell you that they do not care about your ideas, even if they know your ideas are feasible, etc. Think about the contentiousness between Edison and Tesla. If you find yourself in a situation with an SJ and they are the authority, make plans to get out of Dodge ASAP. By the way, my wife is an INTJ (maybe an S), and she is best in her business: regional awards three years in a row, national this year, three full ride scholarships, and more. She fires people all the time without emotion. Most of them are just not smart enough to keep up with her. Company loves her because she produces.

Last edited:

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
My dream for many years has been to be in authority position over SJs. I look forward to torturing them. It is truly amazing when you outsmart an SJ or J, they drop all logic. But, be careful, a SJ authority may quit for the sake of pride or become violent.

Recall the contention in the series Band of Brothers between Winters and Sobel. Winter is a classic ESTJ; he risked a court martial (pride) rather than continue to take orders from Sobel, who was probably an INTP/J.

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you mad at your wife, bro?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i like them. some of them make me bump my head or burp unexpectedly.
those are the ones i want to tie a red ribbon around their cock and drag
them around the room like a little chihuahua. especially ones that are, golly,
just so big and strong.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
No, I can observe her actions from a distance and I learn from them. I just stay out of her way and don't question her.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
I just think, "thank god, I don't work for her." I am proud of her. It is like Bill and Hillary (I don't cheat like Bill, however). Yes, Bill is not an F; he has just perfected the emotional facade like a good sociopath.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
If you're INTP, best bet is to get a PhD or learn C++, so you can a job where you are least likely to be bossed around. I read a post, not here, about a supposed INTP who was seriously considering enlisting in the U.S. Army. As they say in the military, what a "cluster..." My father served 30 years in the U.S. Navy, he used to tell about what happened to INTPs (socially ackward) types.

The INTPs great challenge is dealing with authority. We like to think about things our way and on our time.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I love the fact that the OP has been banned.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs have a difficult time dealing with authority. Someone telling them what to do and how to do it is difficult for them to accept.

Most "successful" people are good at schmoozing;they know how to manipulate peoples' emotions.

JDG26

MBTI Type
INTP
In reference to the comment by Shimmy on page 14, that is correct. If the INTP learns to adapt her communication and body language to the situation, she can be successful (survive). The hard part is breaking through, e.g. interview, first couple of months, etc.

As I've stated, that is hard because it involves putting on a facade. I work hard on being emotive in class, as a lecturer, but it drains me afterwards. Many students even think I am an extrovert, but I am not. Some politicians, Clinton and Obama, are really NTPs, masquerading as FJs.