• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Does the world hate INTP's? All types welcome.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I often wonder if INTP really understand the concept of love. Not obsession or infatuation...I get the idea they are always kind of aloof and can't ever truly be sentimental. Sure, they Ti up some sort of loving gesture...but can they get lost in the moment with a stupid grin on their faces?...

Obviously I'm exaggerating, people are not their type bla bla bla...but I notice a very distinctive type of sentimental aloofness in INTPs that is quite scary really.

^^^it's damn hard to find but you just got to hope to touch on that Fe. you haven't seen emo till you've seen intp-mo.:happy2:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Q: Does the world hate INTPs?

A: Unlikely, the "world" and all the other personality types that make it up has other concerns in general.

Q: Do INTPs like to deal with their feelings by intellectualising them on a grand scale? Do they further tend to project their personal feelings on to others to understand them?

A: Oh yes. :yes:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Q: Do INTPs like to deal with their feelings by intellectualising them on a grand scale? Do they further tend to project their personal feelings on to others to understand them?

A: Oh yes. :yes:

Lies! All lies!

:ninja:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Once an INTP has validated their actions, in the best way possible, and found that the person they have affections for is worth it... they begin showing their craziness, which is VERY genuine. If you don't get past the validation stage though you will continue to see the aloof-ness that you speak of, or this is how I perceive it.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...but can they get lost in the moment with a stupid grin on their faces?...
We are actually quite accomplished at getting lost. Stupid grins we leave up to the ENFPs.

Once an INTP has validated their actions, in the best way possible, and found that the person they have affections for is worth it... they begin showing their craziness, which is VERY genuine. If you don't get past the validation stage though you will continue to see the aloof-ness that you speak of, or this is how I perceive it.
:yes:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Only a dad intp is a good intp !

Wow the most plain personal wisdom ever, on the whole world !! xD

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who in the hell could hate an INTP? :shock:

The harsh, arrogant, snobbish, verbose, hair-splitting, manipulative and schizoid specimens who claim to be "misunderstood genius" are unbearables.

Tons of them are nice and pleasant compagny, though.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Only a few people really hate my intp dad but I still think of those they respect him. I don't know anyone who genuinely hates him for his personality, I'm thinking more ntj's would get that sentiment.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Only a few people really hate my intp dad but I still think of those they respect him. I don't know anyone who genuinely hates him for his personality, I'm thinking more ntj's would get that sentiment.

I hat you !

What more bad word puns there are left in the world ? :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Since when were you entj??

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The harsh, arrogant, snobbish, verbose, hair-splitting, manipulative and schizoid specimens who claim to be "misunderstood genius" are unbearables.

They turn into that online. Must be a typologically specific adverse reaction to UV computer lights. And that's when they absolutely make me gag.

But I really only hang out with the :smoke: subtype anyway. They only make me cough.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's hard not being right though. I kid. I do my best to keep my arrogance only to when I have been proven right, in an adverse situation, where others KNEW I would fail.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I must confess, i have met many an interesting NT. I do find them fascinating and admire their discipline with mind and calm, cool collected thought. I absolutely strive for a mixture of the two elements of both emotional intelligence as well cognitive discipline. There was something that did astound me, and that was not all NT's happen being rational. Rather they can be overrun by emotion and do not possess the mental discipline i usually attribute to them. I have a thought that what intrigues me with the NT is we are, or happen being both intuitives. That is the bonding solution.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

For me, it's not about if the person is "worth it" (well, kind of). It's more about if I think they will enjoy/like/appreciate my crazy side. If I'm pretty sure that they won't understand/appreciate my Ne and/or my pondering/thinking side, then I just won't even show it.

But, you're right. If I do decide to show it, then it is very genuine (it's who I am).

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I wonder. How often INTx's are right (intuitively speaking) about if the opposite, or rather preferred sex they like, likes them? When you do choose to pursue your interest is it usually a fruitful adventure, or did you misinterpret signs and act on something that the other person didn't see existed?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Insufficient data.