User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I don't ask people if they like me. It also comes to my attention that most people are rather "two faced". Most people seem like they like me or are indifferent to me, but then again they could always be stuck in highschool mode and talk about me behind my back.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

...I enjoy other people's misfortune.

Please don't tell the NF's.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

To late, I was the first one here.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Generally, the INTP tends to be irritating to others, but not deserving of hatred. The main reason why this is the case is because most people need to be disturbed by another person in order for them to truly loath the person in question. The INTP tends to be rather passive and reserved with those who find him disagreeable. He simply does not interact with such persons enough to profoundly disturb them and as a result cause them to hate him.

The INTP is a combination of unconscious dispositions that tends to lead the person to be analytical and inquisitive. (Granted that the person in question managed to stay true to his type and has actualized much of his potential).

This entails that the INTP will be true to his thoughts first and foremost. As a result, he tends to make little effort to be agreeable to others. Very simply, most people find the INTP irritating because the INTP tends to make little effort to make accommodate them.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

No, I don't think the world hates INTPs.

But I do think a significant minority views introverted thinking as snobbery, which translates into distrust/dislike of the particular INTP. I suspect that explains a large part of any perceived "hatred."

I... suppose. Yeah!

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    No, I don't think the world hates INTPs.

But I do think a significant minority views introverted thinking as snobbery, which translates into distrust/dislike of the particular INTP. I suspect that explains a large part of any perceived "hatred."
    I think there are good reasons to suppose that a majority of the population may be uncomfortable around INTPs. First of all because INTPs tend not to carefully look into what the needs of other people are, hence they unintentionally irritate or offend them. Secondly, INTPs tend to enjoy questioning and analyzing things around them. This is something that most people regard as difficult and annoying. They just want to go with the flow, experience life, not theorize about it. When they perceive somebody suggesting that they should theorize more, they obviously get uncomfortable and become irritated with the source of their discomfort.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP

I get the impression that a INTPs may be hated by those who perceive us to be (and don't like) hippies, communists, etc. due to our laid back nature, demeanor and overall personality.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I think there are good reasons to suppose that a majority of the population may be uncomfortable around INTPs. First of all because INTPs tend not to carefully look into what the needs of other people are, hence they unintentionally irritate or offend them. Secondly, INTPs tend to enjoy questioning and analyzing things around them. This is something that most people regard as difficult and annoying. They just want to go with the flow, experience life, not theorize about it. When they perceive somebody suggesting that they should theorize more, they obviously get uncomfortable and become irritated with the source of their discomfort.
    You can really deduce things. Also I'm not trying to brown nose, I'm just saying I respect it. But I do think that you're points are most valid.

*What's that on my nose?*

MBTI
    ENFP

I wouldn't be surprised if lots of INTP's feel like they aren't accepted because they know that often those around them do not feel accepted.

Edit: Or this may be the reality for the same reason.

"If you look long enough into the void the void begins to look back through you." -Nietzsche
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Your other reasons are almost invisible when compared to this one. People don't realize that you are built for systematizing, and that you are as caring, in a sense, as anyone else, because everyone is as caring as they feel they should be, different people just have the threshold set at different points. So what I mean is that an INTP who is not trying to be "extra nice" or "insensitive," will be seen as insensitive by many anyway, which is unfortunate. So...I think I just said what you just said but in more words.

Edit: SW, have you made an effort to work on your Fe? It seems like you're always in Ti-overdrive. This is not a bad thing, in fact, most people who read your posts would say that this is a good thing. But I have found myself wondering...with so much Ti, you probably disregard Fe even more than the average INTP. What do you think about this?
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"