User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't really know, while this detachment works well in certain environments, when it comes to relationships it's absolutely disastrous.
    Heh. Great point that I've been trying to make for some time!

Straw Dogs has a great portrayal of an overly detached, clueless INTX in a horrible relationship.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Heh. Great point that I've been trying to make for some time!
    I try to hide this mindset as long as I can.

MBTI
    ENTP

I dunno, I'm ambivalent... I can see lots of reason to like INTP's, but I can also see a lot of fairly typical traits of particularly young INTP's, that might make it pretty hard for them to win friends even with the good points taken as read...

The easy-going thing, the non-neediness, the intelligent conversation, the not taking things personally, the emotional privacy they give me - all those things I love. But the smart-ass, the superiority complex, the treating people as worthless if they're not brain boxes, the assuming every problem they have with other people is because the other people are too dumb to understand them, and the tendency to speak in essay language... these things do rub me up the wrong way and I should imagine quite a few others too. Oh, and the permanent emo depression shit.

Having said that, you do get the sunny, cheerful kind of INTP that has all those good points and only shows the bad points when under real pressure or stress, people like Xander and Jennifer and Costrin - if they were all like that, the world would love INTP's more I think .
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Obviously, you don't understand Costrin~ but that's ok, we forgive you for not understanding us.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Having said that, you do get the sunny, cheerful kind of INTP that has all those good points and only shows the bad points when under real pressure or stress, people like Xander and Jennifer and Costrin - if they were all like that, the world would love INTP's more I think .

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Obviously, you don't understand Costrin~ but that's ok, we forgive you for not understanding us.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTP

lol I don't mean to say necessarily that you're always cheerful and sunny, but I mean, when you do that sarcastic dark stuff, or whatever, there's a sense that you can laugh at yourself, which in so many INTP's seems to be completely lacking... they take themselves WAY too seriously.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

lol I don't mean to say necessarily that you're always cheerful and sunny, but I mean, when you do that sarcastic dark stuff, or whatever, there's a sense that you can laugh at yourself, which in so many INTP's seems to be completely lacking... they take themselves WAY too seriously.
    No, I'm pretty sure I'm always sunny and cheerful. Like so:

See look at me smiling there? Look at how happy I make my snowman friends!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Really? I find them more easygoing and loose than say, INTJs.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Really? I find them more easygoing and loose than say, INTJs.
    hmm... just thinking of the two INTJ's I know personally - they don't really seem to try seriously to have conversations about things that are important to them, so most of what I talk about with them, they're cool to laugh about and they can take people poking fun at them.

INTP's yeah, easy going... up until you hit a nerve by accident - usually by saying something which touches on some deeply held opinion of theirs on their pet subject. I know one INTP, a geologist - he REALLY likes rocks. A group of friends were talking about beaches, deciding which one to go to (there are quite a few locally, it's an island!). One guy said he liked the kind of sand you got at a certain beach, then the INTP who had been quiet until then, suddenly jumped in and started arguing that what this guy was talking about couldn't possibly be actual sand, by the geological definition of sand, and everyone was like dude, look, the word "sand" was invented for that crumbly powdery stuff you get at the beach LONG before geologists started categorizing things, can you just chill and let us call it sand, cos that's what it is to us? But this INTP wouldn't give in and really pissed everyone off with trying to get us all to admit that, by the proper geological definition, this guy had been wrong and the INTP was right. Eventually he shut up but he sulked the rest of the day and still holds a grudge against that guy and calls him an idiot.

That got him the nickname of Sand Man, and since he rarely talks unless the subject of geology comes up, he's made an image of himself as an uptight twat who doesn't really care about anything except geology. Whether that's true or not is a moot point - it's how he's portrayed himself. Yet he blames other people all the time for him not being able to get on with people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

hmm... just thinking of the two INTJ's I know personally - they don't really seem to try seriously to have conversations about things that are important to them, so most of what I talk about with them, they're cool to laugh about and they can take people poking fun at them.

INTP's yeah, easy going... up until you hit a nerve by accident - usually by saying something which touches on some deeply held opinion of theirs on their pet subject. I know one INTP, a geologist - he REALLY likes rocks. A group of friends were talking about beaches, deciding which one to go to (there are quite a few locally, it's an island!). One guy said he liked the kind of sand you got at a certain beach, then the INTP who had been quiet until then, suddenly jumped in and started arguing that what this guy was talking about couldn't possibly be actual sand, by the geological definition of sand, and everyone was like dude, look, the word "sand" was invented for that crumbly powdery stuff you get at the beach LONG before geologists started categorizing things, can you just chill and let us call it sand, cos that's what it is to us? But this INTP wouldn't give in and really pissed everyone off with trying to get us all to admit that, by the proper geological definition, this guy had been wrong and the INTP was right. Eventually he shut up but he sulked the rest of the day and still holds a grudge against that guy and calls him an idiot.

That got him the nickname of Sand Man, and since he rarely talks unless the subject of geology comes up, he's made an image of himself as an uptight twat who doesn't really care about anything except geology. Whether that's true or not is a moot point - it's how he's portrayed himself. Yet he blames other people all the time for him not being able to get on with people.
    Dude sounds more like an INTJ to me.