User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Wanker. Now to speak in talk that might be dumb enough for the rest of the world to understand: B N1Ys Na0, 0r 1 gun T4k 4way 411 yur pr0n.

MBTI
    INTP

People (once they get to know me) tend to like me a lot.

I've had jobs in retail where people refused to shop unless I was working because I was so nice and helpful.

To the rest of the world I'm just invisible. Like air. Do you hate air? How can anyone hate air? Air is awesome!

Except for the air that killed my parents.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    Except for the air that killed my parents.
    Damn...

But yea, I probably hate the world as much as it hates me. That tends to fluctuate though.

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    I am an INTP, and I have come to the conclusion that at least 90% of people hate me. Is this congruous with what you other INTP's experience? Other types chime in as well. Keep it clean and on topic.
    ILOVEYOU!

No, seriously. I love INTPs. Some of them are a-holes and I hate them while loving them, but I still love them all the same.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Shelovesyoumaybe View Post
    ILOVEYOU!

No, seriously. I love INTPs. Some of them are a-holes and I hate them while loving them, but I still love them all the same.
    That's just because you're an F, an NF at that .

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

It can be easy to feel out-of-touch and trodden-over, especially when you're young. The INTP's traits are just about converse to mainstream expectations -- that of the outgoing, observant, decisive, obedient bundle of energy.

If you've got problems, then my suggestion is to change your scene. You know what you need better than anyone else does -- even if you don't rationally know at all. Screw anyone who demands that you justify yourself. Seek out interesting people who will accept and appreciate you at face value.

It's actually not as hard as it sounds; scanning doesn't take much energy. Ne is pretty good at picking up jibe-vibes. You should know pretty quickly when a scene or a person isn't working. If it's a no-go, be polite and look elsewhere.

I found a cafe thirty seconds from my apartment where, as my friend put it, everyone loves me. Sometimes a bit more than I'd prefer, but hey.

One doesn't need much.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    I am an INTP, and I have come to the conclusion that at least 90% of people hate me. Is this congruous with what you other INTP's experience? Other types chime in as well. Keep it clean and on topic.
    Depends on what you consider the world.

I think ESxx types probably hate them, but then they hate most Introverts. ISxx and ENxx types are kind of a throw up, and I'm pretty sure that INxx and xNTx like them a lot.

I like INTPs most of the time, but they can be creepy when they start showing more emotions, because those feelings tend to come out in freaky, unpredictable, unnerving ways (especially if their F is underdeveloped). As long as they stay in their normal, detached mode... they're fine.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Depends on what you consider the world.

I think ESxx types probably hate them, but then they hate most Introverts. ISxx and ENxx types are kind of a throw up, and I'm pretty sure that INxx and xNTx like them a lot.

I like INTPs most of the time, but they can be creepy when they start showing more emotions, because those feelings tend to come out in freaky, unpredictable, unnerving ways (especially if their F is underdeveloped). As long as they stay in their normal, detached mode... they're fine.
    Lol. I think the immature F tends to scare a lot of people. Hence, most of the world would condemn us to being detached robotic specters. Or, the INTP can choose to get in touch with that F side and let it develop, despite the blows they may take from those in society who are less appreciative of their innocent Fi.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

my mum's an INTP. I hated her when I was in high school, of course, but now I realize that she was a way cooler person than I ever gave her credit for. I had trouble distinguishing what she said and how she acted from what she actually did, which was where all of the awesome came out. so now I love INTPs.

generally speaking, though, people are just hesitant around them because they're not as open about themselves as they are about everything else. the same bonds aren't formed as quickly because it takes more than time to actually know an INTP. to form friendships with them, I have to decide that knowing the person is more important than my pride. it's just usually a big step to take without some reassurance.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

What do you mean about pride, exactly?