User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

figsfiggyfigs

INTP's are some of the funniest people on this site. I enjoy their comments immensely.
    so definitely no hate towards them!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why erva boda b hatin on me, huh?
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This post more properly goes in this thread.
    Aw... I was hoping for a thread on typing statues...

MBTI
    INTP

You will probably have a difficult time "breaking through," e.g. job interviews. It is best to put yourself in situations where the interviewer, date, etc. does not have any "personal" knowledge of you.

MBTI
    INTP

INTPs have difficulty with ENTJ/INTJs in job settings due to heirarchy/authority structures. INTPs just want to do what they like/love but on their terms. An I/ENTJ will fire you for not doing things their way regardless of your competency, intelligence, or experience. Look for SFs because they have a "heart," and will take into account your emotional needs. The difficulty is in breaking through because INTPs appear arrogant initially. Breaking through is all about an assessment of "fit." This applies in all new situations including dating.

MBTI
    INTP

It is very difficult, but learn to fake being an emotional (feeling) person. I am a professor, and "success" (survival) depends on your ability to be emotive. I actually review my lectures and purposely place emotive words particularly "feel" in them. It is hard but it is a question of survival. We have to make it in a world populated mainly by persons who act on emotion (feeling).

MBTI
    INTP

I was actually asked in an interview what movies I like. I made the mistake of stating Office Space and Idiocracy (INTP/J oriented critiques of the world we live in). When I was in high school, I became more cognizant of the fact that most persons are very emotional (feeling) and sensing. You have to put on a facade to make it. If you don't have a PhD or a lot of luck, you will be stuck in a really rotten existence. INTPs need academic/intelligence credentials or you will look like a fool when you spout off theories or perceptively analyze the political and/or economic situation, etc.

MBTI
    INTP

My experience is that Js are the type most likely to "hate" you. They simply do not like others challenging their position. In my experience as a professor, SFs and NFs are often intrigued by NTs. I have been flirted with and asked out by students, who were clearly SFs or NFs. I think NTs are kind of a novelty to them; they yearn or dream of having an "real" conversation rathering than listening to their slobbering couch potato husband/B.F.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't hate INTPs, I hate ENTPs --- and even then only ENTP males who wildly abuse their tert Fe. I actually get along with most ENTP ladies quite well.

MBTI
    INTP

In my experience, FPs and NTPs generally get along okay. It is the SJs, stressing the J, that incite the most contention with INTPs. A down-to-earth, judgmental is hard to get along with. They are not interested in anything other doing it their way, and they have no problems with telling you that. They will tell you that they do not care about your ideas, even if they know your ideas are feasible, etc. Think about the contentiousness between Edison and Tesla. If you find yourself in a situation with an SJ and they are the authority, make plans to get out of Dodge ASAP. By the way, my wife is an INTJ (maybe an S), and she is best in her business: regional awards three years in a row, national this year, three full ride scholarships, and more. She fires people all the time without emotion. Most of them are just not smart enough to keep up with her. Company loves her because she produces.
    Last edited by JDG26; 01-10-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: misspelling