User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedThinker View Post
    Verily. I often feel like a black man, or a gay person. I feel like a social outcast that other people just don't accept.
    I'm a black female - I almost never feel like a social outcast. But hey - I live in multicultural London... where are you from that these people are treated in such a manner? Also - this is awful to hear, that you feel like an outcast but you should consider the people who are not accepting you. Are they interesting, intellectually and creatively? Do they inspire anything in you, or intrigue you? Are they people you actually want to relate to? If not then possibly the feeling of rejection is more hurtful than the people who are rejecting you. If so consider that these particular individuals are not people you would choose to spend time with anyway. This probably sounds 2D and like a simple solution compared to what you are experiencing. I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, or why because as I said a. I am not going through and b. mainly, I love INTPs. Every one of them I have met I have adored. I find introverted people on principle more interesting and intriguing than extroverts anyway. They have so much to reveal and NT's rational relationship to ideas and structures is just something I adore. Anyway my point is I am sorry that my response cannot really go the distance as far as helping you. I hope your plight changes soon...
    If there is anyone who is in the sun would you help me to understand? 'Cause I've been caught in between, all you wish for and all you mean. Oh now maybe you're not even sure, what it's for anymore than me...

-Joseph Arthur, In The Sun

If I find my way, how much will I find?

MBTI
    INTP

I believe that many INTPs believe the world hates INTPs. And why wouldn't we? We have to come up with some concrete reasons for why we are where we are. Complacency isn't for everyone, we have all the time in the world to speculate on what others think of us.

Does the world hate INTP's? No. Like every other type, there are some INTPs worth disliking and others who are great!

Something I've noticed is when feelings are the inferior function with Tx and Nx as dominant and auxiliary functions, we can internally spiral downwards since we create possibility loops.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

your never hated or liked as much as you think

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    The oblivious bit? Or the crazy stalker bit?
    INTPs are in their heads most of the time and oblivious to just about everything in their environment, unless it is a focus of study, in which case it is scrutinized to excess.

They are taught to believe that they are inferior in the sphere of interpersonal relations - socially maladjusted, geeky, clumsy, awkward - and tend to devalue themselves, so frequently are skeptical that anyone could really be interested in them. Beyond that, even if they are awesome and know it, few people understand them or get to see anything other than the default vacant expression / blank stare, so they believe it unlikely that they'd attract interest, or if they do, it's for the "wrong" reasons. The ability to reinterpret the same data in 1001 different ways, coupled with an aversion for premature conclusions, means that they tend to err on the side of caution when assessing other's motives. And the drive for objectivity and need for self-sufficiency mean they are less likely to project their own desires onto the object of their desires.

I've been smacked on the head with a marriage proposal before having any idea that someone was into me, but I am pretty damned oblivious, even for an INTP.
    This post is spot-on. I often wonder what people get out of hanging out with me, but apparently I do bring something to the table in social interactions because people keep wanting to hang out with me.

But then my inner paranoia suggests that maybe they're just being nice.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I love most of the INTPs I know

They're awesome. They're like INTJs, just without the asshole-ness.

Where INTJs are

INTPs are

You guys have life and dimension while still having the NT qualities that make you so unique

If I've ever met an INTP I didn't like, it was rare, and I don't remember. And some of the best friends I have that are NTs are INTPs. You guys are awesome
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post

Where INTJs are

INTPs are

You guys have life and dimension while still having the NT qualities that make you so unique

If I've ever met an INTP I didn't like, it was rare, and I don't remember. And some of the best friends I have that are NTs are INTPs. You guys are awesome
    If Abraham Lincoln was an asshole, he was the most awesome asshole ever.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    If Abraham Lincoln was an asshole, he was the most awesome asshole ever.
    Not Abraham Lincoln the person.

Abraham Lincoln the statue

I mean, seriously. That arm-clutch-constipated look makes him look like he has a massive stick up his butt lol

And then just something about the pure white of the marble makes it look even more serious... I use that picture for all IxTJs lol

It just fits them so well
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Hey, Abe was my favorite prez!!! You....you hate me!!! T-T

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post

Where INTJs are

INTPs are

This post more properly goes in this thread.