User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    They are taught to believe that they are inferior in the sphere of interpersonal relations - socially maladjusted, geeky, clumsy, awkward - and tend to devalue themselves, so frequently are skeptical that anyone could really be interested in them. Beyond that, even if they are awesome and know it, few people understand them or get to see anything other than the default vacant expression / blank stare, so they believe it unlikely that they'd attract interest, or if they do, it's for the "wrong" reasons. The ability to reinterpret the same data in 1001 different ways, coupled with an aversion for premature conclusions, means that they tend to err on the side of caution when assessing other's motives. And the drive for objectivity and need for self-sufficiency mean they are less likely to project their own desires onto the object of their desires.

I've been smacked on the head with a marriage proposal before having any idea that someone was into me, but I am pretty damned oblivious, even for an INTP.
    Wow. That is absolutely perfectly it, in a nutshell. I'm tempted to put THAT on a t-shirt.

Additionally, some of us learn to function juuuuuuust well enough to "pass" as a more social type in the real world, which leads others to expect us to act a certain way when they befriend us or try to have a relationship with us. And then take it personally when we're not what they expected. I have never figured out a way around this.
    I couldn't have said it better than either Morgan or Tal. This is *exactly* the issue as I've always seen it. I don't think people generally hate INTP's (the mature ones, anyway -- an immature INTP can be pretty obnoxious ). But there is a disconnect between your stereotypical INTP and the population at large -- a disconnect that's probably more severe than people of most other types may experience. I think that part of it is that others seldom see (or are allowed to see) in INTP's what INTP's see in themselves. It's not so much a hate as a misunderstanding that people (including the INTPs) may not make the effort (or have the ability) to bridge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am surprised when I hear people say how much they like me when they sure don't seem to much one way or the other. I guess when someone decides they like us it is usually a default win. Like how I vote for President...I don't vote for a person to win; I vote against them.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The good thing about oblivion is that one doesn't realize when one is hated either.
    The depth of other people's feelings is almost always a surprise to me. I suppose because I don't have strong opinions about most people and ask only to be left alone, I tend to assume a similar neutrality on the part of others. More often than not, I'm am surprised by how much people like me / are attached to me - which I usually only find out when I'm leaving them behind. I put it down to "mere exposure effect". It's not that I don't know how to be likeable, it's just that I seldom make the effort, because it requires that I suppress large parts of who I am, for a reward that frankly, often feels more like a burden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

ReflecTcelfeR

I just realized that I have no idea how my friends really feel about me. I never bring it up as I feel it's too awkward. I assume they still like me. This is a different type of obliviousness, I suppose.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I think people hardly notice us, and definitly don't hate us. Why should they? We don't mind in their busineses and don't harm them at all.
    If people stop to think about us, they probably find us strange and pointless, but being an INTP implies to accept it fairly. After all, deep down we think the same about most common people.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frederico Rogeiro View Post
    I think people hardly notice us, and definitly don't hate us. Why should they? We don't mind in their busineses and don't harm them at all.
    If people stop to think about us, they probably find us strange and pointless, but being an INTP implies to accept it fairly. After all, deep down we think the same about most common people.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    I am an INTP, and I have come to the conclusion that at least 90% of people hate me. Is this congruous with what you other INTP's experience? Other types chime in as well. Keep it clean and on topic.
    what? how is this possible? the two INTPs i have met hit it off with a ridiculous bang. I adore them (INTPs), fancied them both like mad, as they did me and well I love them and hope to meet another soon. They are incredibly intellectual but appreciate my zaniness and we have unbelievable chemistry. Maybe its just an ENFP-INTP thing, I don't know...
    If there is anyone who is in the sun would you help me to understand? 'Cause I've been caught in between, all you wish for and all you mean. Oh now maybe you're not even sure, what it's for anymore than me...

-Joseph Arthur, In The Sun

If I find my way, how much will I find?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    We are actually quite accomplished at getting lost. Stupid grins we leave up to the ENFPs.

Miaow! Talk about getting your claws out. Stupid grin is totally unnecessary and far too subject to be accurate. How about you define 'stupid' and then explain why you assume ENFPs are the perpetrators of them?
    If there is anyone who is in the sun would you help me to understand? 'Cause I've been caught in between, all you wish for and all you mean. Oh now maybe you're not even sure, what it's for anymore than me...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFp

*subjective. Urgh, I hate typos...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Verily. I often feel like a black man, or a gay person. I feel like a social outcast that other people just don't accept. As such, I often feel lonely, misunderstood, and a bit frustrated with other people. Most of the time, they make me feel uncomfortable, like I'm a goofy clown geek — like on that Revenge of the Nerds movie. So I usually feel depressed and alienated, as if people just don't like me. It's an ugly feeling.