• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Does the world hate INTP's? All types welcome.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs are the like the rambling cousins of the MBTI club.

Here is my 200,000 word dissertation on how '2 + 2 = 4'

OH GOD WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP.

This made me laugh.
And I agree with it, even though it just may be an exaggeration.
Hard to tell though.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
^I agree too. LOL.

I love INTP's (as a whole) And I have a lot of respect for them. They are very intreging(sp?) to me. Eventhough we're a lot different, I somehow relate to them in ways.

My big brother is an INTP, so I might be a bit biased. <3

Mia.

INTPs rock. I adore them. I communicate well with them. I will allow that the world often finds them out-of-step, which is probably why I like them so much - as an INFP I'm out-of-step, too. :D

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
A lot of the animosity might be the result of people first thinking the aloof INTP hates them.

The less intimidating and smaller INTPs might get messed with and have conflict, while the more intimidating INTPs are more likely to get a begrudging respect.
I am like a ghost in real life people dont even realize I exist most of the time or thats how I see it and seeing as I am a well built almost 6 foot male people dont usually mess with me. (I somewhat give a intimidating vibe on purpose cause people dont seem to like me either way so I dont wanna deal with them)

Last edited:

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
INTPs rock. I adore them. I communicate well with them. I will allow that the world often finds them out-of-step, which is probably why I like them so much - as an INFP I'm out-of-step, too. :D
If only people like you excited in real life. :p

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If only people like you excited in real life. :p

Interesting typo, by the way, there's irony in that! (INFP's obviously not being excited extravertly)

But you ofcourse intended to say existed, hmm, I don't know your age, but trust me when I say the whole world liking INTP's gets better and better the older you get, it would not be wise to hide and mull over this being an issue. Although it took effort for me to be liked in high school. People seem to like me now without me needing to put in any extra effort.

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Interesting typo, by the way, there's irony in that! (INFP's obviously not being excited extravertly)

But you ofcourse intended to say existed, hmm, I don't know your age, but trust me when I say the whole world liking INTP's gets better and better the older you get, it would not be wise to hide and mull over this being an issue. Although it took effort for me to be liked in high school. People seem to like me now without me needing to put in any extra effort.
Lol I always do that I have to reread over everything 3 or 4 when I am typing or writing with a pencil or a pen because I am thinking so fast that I make small mistakes that are dumb and thank you for the advice it seems that beside me and my intj bestfriend no one understand me or my intentions and doesnt want to.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol I always do that I have to reread over everything 3 or 4 when I am typing or writing with a pencil or a pen because I am thinking so fast that I make small mistakes that are dumb and thank you for the advice it seems that beside me and my intj bestfriend no one understand me or my intentions and doesnt want to.

Most INTP's have that. I myself edit most of my posts twice, three times, sometimes even more than that, just because I streamed my thoughts on paper to quick, made typo's or feel like I need to clarify certain aspects further to reach a proper understanding. :tongue:

edited this post three times! (although the third time was just to add this sentence. :D )

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Most INTP's have that. I myself edit most of my posts twice, three times, sometimes even more than that, just because I streamed my thoughts on paper to quick, made typo's or feel like I need to clarify certain aspects further to reach a proper understanding. :tongue:

edited this post three times! (although the third time was just to add this sentence. :D )
:D Yay I am not alone :D

KDude

I sometimes end up editing and clarifying myself too. Err.. at least if I'm suddenly aware of how things affect others, and don't want to be an asshole. It's more of overthinking Fe thing in my case, than anything Ne.

Anyways, yes. The world hates INTPs.

Should I edit that? :thinking:

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
Nah, "hate" is too strong a word in my experience. Dislike fits better. The world definitely dislikes INTPs. Useless, indecisive, arrogant know-it-alls.