User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I wonder. How often INTx's are right (intuitively speaking) about if the opposite, or rather preferred sex they like, likes them? When you do choose to pursue your interest is it usually a fruitful adventure, or did you misinterpret signs and act on something that the other person didn't see existed?
    INTPs are more likely to be oblivious to interest than to misinterpret it. I think that's less true for INTJs who seem to be overrepresented in the crazy stalker populace.
    j/k
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I´m sorry to have to break it to you, but it is one thing to say people don´t get your trail of thought (because they use other cognitive processes to reach their conclusions, etc.), if 90% of those you meet hate you, there is somethig wrong with the way you interact with the world.

It is very easy to act like a jerk and then assume the rest of mankind is simply too stupid to understand you. Ti dominance is no excuse for a lack of manners!

As to INTPs being oblivious to romantic interest - that´s something I have observed more than once. The data is still inconclusive, but it seems to make sense.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I´m sorry to have to break it to you, but it is one thing to say people don´t get your trail of thought (because they use other cognitive processes to reach their conclusions, etc.), if 90% of those you meet hate you, there is somethig wrong with the way you interact with the world.
    Who are you talking to? OP was banned. Like a year ago.

Reading compression.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Okay, in that case I was partly talking to an empty room. On the other hand, it is not like you don´t hear that kind of reasoning from other INTs on this forum... so it was partly directed at the Op and partly at anybody identifying with him (you know who you are).
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Okay, in that case I was partly talking to an empty room. On the other hand, it is not like you don´t hear that kind of reasoning from other INTs on this forum... so it was partly directed at the Op and partly at anybody identifying with him (you know who you are).
    Do you just come here to FAIL, or what?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Do you just come here to FAIL, or what?
    Sure, I´m a constant failure. Thanks for illustrating my point.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Sure, I´m a constant failure. Thanks for illustrating my point.
    90% of the population are passive-aggressive INXPs?

Okay then. :rolli:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    90% of the population are passive-aggressive INXPs?

Okay then. :rolli:
    LOL, never mind.
    I don´t see anything passive-agressive in my posts, sorry if it came across that way. If the thread has turned into a discussion of NT dating behavior and I didn´t notice it and seem like an idiot to you for responding to the OP, then so be it.
    I never said I represented 90% of the population. The way you just adressed me however is actively and directly agressive and illustrates lack of manners. Which goes to show my post wasn´t obsolete after all.

*shrugs shoulder and leaves pointless discussion*
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

LOL, never mind.
    I don´t see anything passive-agressive in my posts, sorry if it came across that way. If the thread has turned into a discussion of NT dating behavior and I didn´t notice it and seem like an idiot to you for responding to the OP, then so be it.
    I never said I represented 90% of the population. The way you just adressed me however is actively and directly agressive and illustrates lack of manners. Which goes to show my post wasn´t obsolete after all.

*shrugs shoulder and leaves pointless discussion*
    That's not what made you seem like an idiot. I'm not sure where you got this impression from, I'm addressing your comments, not your person.

You could be excused if your (somewhat redundant) comments were addressed to the OP (since he claims, with typical hyperbole, that 90% of people hate him). I gave you a chance to clarify, and in so doing you confirmed that you were actually taking yet another pot-shot at INTs. Your statement was needlessly offensive, prejudiced, unhelpful, crude and ill-informed and seemed designed to antagonize. Unlike many INTs, I don't like eating shit. What were you saying about lack of manners again?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I had no intention of attacking INTs, not at all. In fact I said, if people don´t like you (the rhetorical "you") it´s propably you, not your type. In other words: nothing wrong with the type. I attacked self-righteosness, not NTness.

You did not ask for clarification but started an ad hominem attack.
    If I criticize people who think they are superior to everybody else and don´t even try to understand those around them and you interpret that as an attack on NTs, that´s quite telling
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari