First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I keep forgetting you know us better than we know ourselves.

I doubt you know more than a handful at best. So your generalizations are pretty worthless. IME, feelers suffer more with denial than thinkers, because they are less willing/able to take an objective stance and are less able to tolerate cognitive dissonance. Whatever.
    And I doubt you know me well enough to estimate my level of social interaction. Also, it's kind of hypocritical to claim that I'm generalizing as I could, according to you, not have that much experience with INTPs, and then start generalizing about what you supposedly know about feelers.

All I did was answer the OP with the experiences I've had. And I never claimed to know you better than you know yourself. Stop putting words in my mouth :rolli:
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp

INTJs are more likely to be hated than INTPs since they often project an aura of aloof superiority. That tends to irk people whether it's warranted or not.
    I think this happens with INTPs a lot too. Combine a critical nature with introversion and people will assume critique where there's obliviousness and attribute it to a sense of superiority, which is wrong around half the time. A refusal to engage for the sake of pointless disagreement does anger some, though.
    I haven't felt rejected by the world - just a lot of incompatibility with most if I'm to fully be myself. Any bouts of cynicism are about disappointment with humanity generally.

ETA: And I completely missed the angry-at-the-world (teenage?) phase.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    I haven't felt rejected by the world - just a lot of incompatibility with most if I'm to fully be myself.
    Very well stated! I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    INTPs for one draw their conclusions from logic rather than social assumption (plus they tend to react/respond rather than initiate relationship, so they rarely just leap in... especially because they don't like or don't understand the rules), so if they are not getting actual positive feedback from people, the assumption at best is that no one really cares that they're around. (Bottom line: We assume we're not accepted until shown positive feedback.)
    Oh, wow, that is so true for me. I can't count the number of times I've been surprised that people generally like me. I'm used to the people I click with liking me, because I can feel that give-and-take and mutual admiration stuff, but I usually assume the people that I don't feel a connection with don't like me.
    Something Witty

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Yeah, that's a pretty good summary. It does tend to rather bewilder me when I realize that people with whom I don't have an obvious rapport are generally warmer than indifferent toward me. I never quite know what to do with that.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I love INTJ females. They are like men, only women. Awesome.
    There is a beautiful INTJ female at my job. She is awesome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    And I doubt you know me well enough to estimate my level of social interaction. Also, it's kind of hypocritical to claim that I'm generalizing as I could, according to you, not have that much experience with INTPs, and then start generalizing about what you supposedly know about feelers.

All I did was answer the OP with the experiences I've had. And I never claimed to know you better than you know yourself. Stop putting words in my mouth :rolli:
    Even a complete whore of a socialite is unlikely to meet enough INTPs in a lifetime to come up with a general theory about them of any merit. Simple statistics. Unless she works in a sanatorium for maladjusted INTPs. Do you? The rest of that paragraph made no sense. Anything I've said about feelers is based on the theory and qualified with "IME".

I'll stop challenging you when you stop spouting patronizing nonsense as if you knew what you were talking about. I can't see that happening anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie
    I just don't see how you can say the INTP mindset doesn't have a stronger tendency than others to develop that worldview in the first place.
    And I don't see how you can. It's for the postulator to prove, not for me to disprove. So I guess we just agree to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    I think this happens with INTPs a lot too. Combine a critical nature with introversion and people will assume critique where there's obliviousness and attribute it to a sense of superiority, which is wrong around half the time.
    You have a flakey sense of superiority? I'd get that looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I never had an angsty mad-at-the-world phase, that reminds me more of INFPs I know. I used to get in trouble and rebel a lot more, but I think I was pretty happy and pleased with myself while doing it. I had friends and a half-way decent social life growing up, so maybe if I felt like a total pariah, it would have been different. Most of my trouble was in letting people know I didn't hate or dislike them, rather than getting them to like me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I never had an angsty mad-at-the-world phase, that reminds me more of INFPs I know. I used to get in trouble and rebel a lot more, but I think I was pretty happy and pleased with myself while doing it. I had friends and a half-way decent social life growing up, so maybe if I felt like a total pariah, it would have been different. Most of my trouble was in letting people know I didn't hate or dislike them, rather than getting them to like me.
    I remember a phase where I had an unexpressed condescension of the world -- as in "gee, why is everyone so stupid? I wish they'd come to their senses and use their brains." But I did not really use that as my basis for interacting with them, it was mostly a feeling I harbored inside.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I remember a phase where I had an unexpressed condescension of the world -- as in "gee, why is everyone so stupid? I wish they'd come to their senses and use their brains." But I did not really use that as my basis for interacting with them, it was mostly a feeling I harbored inside.
    Hmmm. I knew people were stupid, but I might have skipped to the content apathetic stage.. oh yeah, I self-medicated throughout half of middle school and all of high school.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You have a flakey sense of superiority? I'd get that looked at.
    yup. it needs reinforcement. Your expert advice?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery