User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    There's got to be someone with a family like this. Do you go along with the talk and let it exhaust you, or ignore it and sit there? I can't take it anymore. Someday soon I'll be across the country and my parents won't be around.
    If i get too bored i phase out and leave asap either that or stir up a bit of argument. My sis is an INFP so we Ne-wind up my ESTJ dad who doesn't understand that he is having the piss taken out him. Or he understands we are laughing at him but not any of the jokes.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm too busy cooking to care what they're talking about.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Are they the kinds of people that just sit around and talk about sports or what? I don't have a problem with talking with people unless they're like that (talking about stupid things), much less sensors.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

I am either quiet or pushing the envelope a little with the conversation while trying not to make anyone too uncomfortable. I have to steer away from debate topics as I can come off as pretty intense and sometimes hurt peoples feelings unintentionally. Other times I'll just do oddball shit to try and entertain. Last year I ate a spoonfull of the hottest horse-radish made on a dare from my brother.

MBTI
    nnnn

It highly depends on how I feel, sometimes I'll be giggly and cheery and play along and at other times I'll be all critical, sarcastic and non-responsive. In general, I like the family atmosphere, though.

MBTI
    INTP

There's got to be someone with a family like this. Do you go along with the talk and let it exhaust you, or ignore it and sit there? I can't take it anymore. Someday soon I'll be across the country and my parents won't be around.
    Alienation.

Ear plugs during the supper, weed before it.
    You'll be fine.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

all i know is that no one was interested in my discussion about what our executive branch is doing to help remedy the drug war situation in mexico.

but talking about my stepmom's ovaries and her so called weight loss were the topics of the night. how fun.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    all i know is that no one was interested in my discussion about what our executive branch is doing to help remedy the drug war situation in mexico.
    Oy. That's the kind of current events-type stuff I'd be steering my sensors away from.

I think at this point, I'm just immune to talk about who's doing what and who's seeing whom in our town, etc. I just kind of go to a happy place in my own brain. Really, the more invisible I can make myself, the better, because that means no one asks me questions about my job, who I'm seeing, etc., etc. I hate answering stuff like that.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

You have two options as I see it, kill yourself or kill all of them. I would go with the latter and justify it with the fact that one iNtuitive is worth at least 8-10 Sensors.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    a table full of sensors at Easter dinner = bleh

a table full of sensors @ easter dinner + my ISTP stepdad pointing out inconsistant/odd shit that no one feels comfortable acknowledging = priceless.

Plz, think of the ISTPs.
    With this in mind (and thanks for the invite, nozf )...
    Try this on for size, run:

You're going to need to deal with the fact, sooner or later, that people are different than you. It won't matter how far across the country you are from what you think your problems are, because you're going to have to deal with similar problems your whole life. Everywhere.
    Whether S or N, T or F, or any other arbitrary distinguishing characteristic, everyone has to deal with other people whom they don't want to.

It might seem like the easiest solution is to sit there and try to ignore it while staying insulated inside your own head, but that's just going to make things more tiring. Ultimately, the path of least resistance is to just adapt to it so you can enjoy it.

I know, I know, you don't have feelings to consider and don't need to enjoy anything, but while you're not distracting yourself with that, it comes down to this: do you really want to spend your time (cue existential angst) feeling like crap, or would you rather find something to enjoy in it? Your choice.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.