User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: ENTJ Growing up

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    I noticed that about most EXTJs, they have a plan and anyone who tries to interfere is basically walking around with a red spot on their head!
    Perfect.
    This world is mine - in time.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

My youngest sis is ENTJ and I watched her grow up. She is the most confident, arrogant person I have ever met. She's more than a decade younger than me, but we are extremely close - actually probably my best friend, if I had to quantify it. Every time she starts a job, within 2 weeks she'll start complaining about their inefficiency. Within a month, she'll start saying how much better she is than everyone else. And she's right - she is just better than anyone else, and it's painfully obvious to anyone around her. She has been eternally loved by all of her bosses because she puts on a good game face of the intelligent, competent, sweet girl and she will never leave for the day unless everything is completed.

When she was 16, I hired her as a production manager for a film that I was working on. I have never met anyone before or since who could do the job with the precision that she did. She researched the entire film industry and her job title, read the screenplay, spoke to the director (who thought she was a 30yo woman) and showed up on day one with color coded charts and schedules, personalized for each member of each crew. She is ridiculous. If we were in a war, she would be the general and I would be her adviser.

As a kid, she was extremely competitive and jealous for no reason. If she heard me playing a song on the piano, she would (as a very young child) wake up in the middle of the night and sneak down to practice (as if we wouldn't hear her!) and play it for me with precision the next day with a smug look on her face. One of my other sister's is a visual artist, and my ENTJ was so jealous of her talent and would spend countless hours painstakingly copying everything she ever drew. Now, she is an amazing artist herself, but she has the same exact style as our sister. Even the same handwriting.

Even as a toddler, she was competitive. She decided one day that she wants to be like the big girls and she literally potty trained herself. It took her about 2 days and then she moved on to the next task. I think one of her first complete sentences, one that she repeated often as a kid, was: who do you think is better?

Her sense of humor is sharp and witty but some people think she's a huge bitch because of it. But I get her and understand her and I know that she is not a bitch. She's just got the same sense of communication as me, but always takes that one step that I don't take - that one step too far. And she uses insulting words. When I point out that she is being an asshole, we break into hysterical laughter because she doesn't see herself. But people who don't know her, don't realize that she would just laugh and apologize about it if you told her. Instead, they just get scared.

She totally geeks out to video games and anime conventions, making the biggest and best costumes - one for each day of the convention. But she's an undercover nerd, you would never know because she looks and acts so damn cool. Men love her but women hate her. And she always has some broken down sap of a boyfriend in tow to do her bidding.

I hate sharing a platter with her at a restaurant. She even eats competitively, eating quickly and watching you like a hawk to make sure you don't get more than her.

She always wants to be the best, but she has so many interests that she sometimes gives up too soon when she realizes how much effort she has to put in. She's lovable and hilariously funny, but my whole family is terrified of her. I understand both points of view though, because she takes everything you say quite literally. If you say "let's try to get together on Saturday" - she takes that as a fixed meeting and will crucify you if you don't show up. And she can hold a grudge for years, waiting to punish you.

And this:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...24-post27.html

Default ENTJ growing up

...means becoming an ENTP.

Quite the introspective, somber journey into adulthood. I wish you well.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

I was introverted but competitive, and kept on getting in trouble for using my Te. I remember, being in first grade, breaking up one of those play-weddings on the playground because the kids weren't eighteen and able to make the decision without parental consent. I then laid it on the "priest," because he was being irresponsible for "impersonating a justice of the peace." Of course, everyone got miffed with me, and I got in a fight with said priest (which I won, becuase there's no way my pride would let me get it from a priest, not even a fake one).

I went to the teacher afterwards and asked why it was okay for them to break the law and why I was in trouble. He couldn't answer me. I was angry. Actually, I spent the greater part of my childhood angry, or studying, until I got to high school and realized that as idiots, I could take advantage of the same people and enjoy it a lot more than I did trying to make them understand me.

Also very into dramatics. The only things I ever wanted to be were an actress and a dictator, and then decided to be a lawyer when I was 9 because it was a more reliable field.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hrm. I've just had an idea of somehow trying to get jenocyde's sister to be my slave! Somehow willing to do my work with all of her motivation and expertise while I can sit back and chill in my head. Also seeing a woman who is a competitive eater is hilarious! Jen, where do you live? =D
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Hrm. I've just had an idea of somehow trying to get jenocyde's sister to be my slave! Somehow willing to do my work with all of her motivation and expertise while I can sit back and chill in my head. Also seeing a woman who is a competitive eater is hilarious! Jen, where do you live? =D
    New York!!

She would tear you apart. I would pay to see this...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    New York!!

She would tear you apart. I would pay to see this...
    I would use the fallout mesmetron and slave collar. But nah, just the competitive eating alone would be funny enough.
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I would use the fallout mesmetron and slave collar. But nah, just the competitive eating alone would be funny enough.
    She's kinda crazy with it and doesn't even notice how insane she is. She greedily tears into her food while never taking her eyes off of you, like a lion. Her eyes follow every movement you make, as if she's about to pounce.

And she loves sauce. She gets mad if there is no dipping sauce.

Where are you and how old are you?

If we were in a war, she would be the general and I would be her adviser.
    My ENTJ friend and I have big plans to take over the world.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

She's kinda crazy with it and doesn't even notice how insane she is. She greedily tears into her food while never taking her eyes off of you, like a lion. Her eyes follow every movement you make, as if she's about to pounce.

And she loves sauce. She gets mad if there is no dipping sauce.

Where are you and how old are you?
    At the moment, I am in Michigan (near the Lansing area) chilling with family. I am twenty years old, but I'm at the maturity level of a fifteen-year-old. I'm usually in the Northwestern Indiana-Chicagoland area, unless if I'm at school in Central Indiana.

Mm, youthful vitality.
    Fe = 0

-----------------