User Tag List

12311 Last

Default ENTPs and relationship sabotage?

Do any other ENTPs get some strange pleasure out of artistically sabotaging relationships? Or is that just a general dysfunction thing?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Do any other ENTPs get some strange pleasure out of artistically sabotaging relationships? Or is that just a general dysfunction thing?
    Well, I have noticed when I begin a relationship that I tend to "test" people. I think it's because I am so guarded and cautious that I want to make sure someone really cares about me. This might seem like sabotage.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    no

but then again its prolly the artistic part that attracts you

i talked a buddy into liking another buddy's possible gf once cuz i was bored....never ever again

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    i talked a buddy into liking another buddy's possible gf once cuz i was bored....never ever again
    keeping yourself out of trouble i see?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I've done it in the past. I don't get pleasure out of it.
    What did you do?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ENTPs and relationship sabotage?

ENTP always need a partner who can read between between the lines. A partner like this would be unique and indeed entp partners are.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

the only person an ENTP likes to sabotage is themselves. According to my friend (an ENTP), he never goes out with girls unless they're bitchy. And by bitchy I mean the type of manipulative person who talks crap about the other person all day long (even their partners!)

Apart from that, I don't think ENTPs in particular like sabotaging others. It's more of an upbringing kind of thing.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

In many cases, sabotaging a relationship is the most humane thing to do.

I have never done it myself.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Self-sabotage. I know a thing or two about it. My friends always comment on my choice of romantic partners, and the lack of cohesion or pattern in my choices. They say that I piss in the gene pool quite frequently. In a way, they are correct because I never set out looking for the perfect mate, in my mind he doesn't exist. I don't even actively look for partners, it never crosses my mind to do so. I've always felt I was destined to single, and I've always been completely fine with that. Life is good either way.

I fill up my days hanging around people who *interest* me. But the problem is that pretty much everyone on the planet is interesting to me in some way. I chat with everyone from the cop to the robber, equally fascinated by both. So, as I explore humankind, I tend to fall into relationships with those who simply declare themselves to be my boyfriend. I guess after a certain amount of time has passed, and I'm still hanging around, they feel that this is the next logical step or something. It's the only thing I'm pretty passive about in life. In another thread, I've equated it with being clubbed over the head and dragged back to the cave. I usually get stunned at first, then the lack of oxygen makes me drift into sleepy acceptance for a while. After a few months I slowly process what just happened, panic, then I furiously gnaw at my own foot in order to escape the trap.

It doesn't matter if said person is in fact the perfect choice for me, the point is I feel trapped since I never made the active decision to be in that relationship. And then the need to escape becomes overwhelming, if only on principle alone.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

^^

*agrees with vigor*
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski