• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and relationship sabotage?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The "empty spot" is something ENFPs and ENTPs share, not all them but not a small number of them either. For me this information surpasses any of you given the huge number of entps I encounter in my own workplace and in customer sites.

So if what people say doesn't match up with what you believe is true than it will be dismissed?

I need to understand how they think and behave in the full continuum.

That kind of conflicts with what you first said. ENTPs in here are saying there's no empty spot that external factors need to fill.

If you have something new to add then great, we'll listen, we're good like that, but information you've gathered from others does not trump personal experiance :)

exactly. if anything, i thought we made it clear that we were quite happy either with or without someone.

That :yes:

sculpting

So if what people say doesn't match up with what you believe is true than it will be dismissed?

:

sorry I used the wrong wording here. What I meant was the need to understand entp behavior surpasses my unhappiness at the negative reactions I provoked /I have created here in one fell swoop with one off hand comment. I didnt mean to dismiss the comments of others, or dismiss others thoughts. data is data. Ne-Fi sense trends in people data. sorry it's what it does. If the model is wrong it has to be modified when new data appears.

h

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Shit, Synarch! Be nice!!!

I almost feel like I should be mad at you for calling ENTPs on their shit publicly (our innerworkings, our fears, etc), but maybe this is just the environment to do it. Because you're speaking from experience, and kinda telling us all how it is. Or at least, that's how I perceive it.

Now I really want to meet you and pick your brain with a crab fork for a few hours.

I am being nice. ENTP's don't trust softness. So you have to dose them with fist kisses. Hits and hugs.

I don't know anything. "Every answer found begs another question." I just have more battle scars because I am older.

Ok, what's the backstory here?

No backstory. I just have a low tolerance for ENFP know-it-all-and-let-me-tell-you-what-your-problem-is now that I am aware of it.

sorry I used the wrong wording here. What I meant was the need to understand entp behavior surpasses my unhappiness at the negative reactions I provoked /I have created here in one fell swoop with one off hand comment. I didnt mean to dismiss the comments of others, or dismiss others thoughts. data is data. Ne-Fi sense trends in people data. sorry it's what it does. If the model is wrong it has to be modified when new data appears.

h

What happened to that long rant that was here? I was gonna reply to some of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Shit, Synarch! Be nice!!!

I am being nice. ENTP's don't trust softness. So you have to dose them with fist kisses. Hits and hugs.

Very true. It's like an icy bucket of cold water to wake my ass up. Whether he hit the mark or not is not the point, I appreciated the effort and also had a good laugh at his choice of words. I deeply respect those who take the effort to dig deeper and get uncomfortable and challenge me. And even though it was directed at me, I still think that comment was more for himself, which makes it even more touching... Or maybe that's just my own projection and he really was just being a prick. Who cares - like everything in life, I choose to see the positive and take what I can from it.

No backstory. I just have a low tolerance for ENFP know-it-all-and-let-me-tell-you-what-your-problem-is now that I am aware of it.

I have the same issue with the enfp's in my life. Always seeing shit that isn't there, and letting me know about myself. Also always acting like every remark that is less than positive is a cruel attack against them, so they lash out and ramble on. After a while, they figure out on their own that they were overreacting or taking it too personally and they apologize. At that point, they really listen and become extremely helpful, once the ego is set aside. But you have to go through a lot to get a lot, imho.

What happened to that long rant that was here? I was gonna reply to some of that.

I didn't respond to her because I knew that would fuel the fire. Like I said, people react and then come to their senses on their own. She took it down. Go easy on her.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Very true. It's like an icy bucket of cold water to wake my ass up. Whether he hit the mark or not is not the point, I appreciated the effort and also had a good laugh at his choice of words. I deeply respect those who take the effort to dig deeper and get uncomfortable and challenge me. And even though it was directed at me, I still think that comment was more for himself, which makes it even more touching... Or maybe that's just my own projection and he really was just being a prick. Who cares - like everything in life, I choose to see the positive and take what I can from it.

No, you're spot on. I don't keep a diary, it's masturbatory. So, much of what I write is for me, but I choose to shine it through the lens of communicating to others. I guess that's one definition of extraversion. I like to share even if what I'm sharing is colored with personal meaning.

I didn't respond to her because I knew that would fuel the fire. Like I said, people react and then come to their senses on their own. She took it down. Go easy on her.

Yea, you're right.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If the apocalypse ever comes to pass. It will be due to too many ENTP's siding up with each other, no doubt. :D

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
or the best thing that ever happened to the world

I think the people-focused ENTP's are out there like little gardeners pruning bullshit and kicking asses for stronger hearts and minds.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If the apocalypse ever comes to pass. It will be due to too many ENTP's siding up with each other, no doubt. :D

We would sit around and devise the ultimate plan for world domination, but it would never come to fruition.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
We would sit around and devise the ultimate plan for world domination, but it would never come to fruition.

My idea of world domination is to make everyone pair up and have babies.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No, I want all of humanity to be happy and strong. It's not about the sex, it's about the happiness.

Well, go and get the party started. Have babies.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
No, I want all of humanity to be happy and strong. It's not about the sex, it's about the happiness.

my idea of it is justice. justice and fairness.

but those, to me, would still end in what you want. happiness.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
One day! I'm getting old.

If offspring are the sole object, I suggest cryopreservation.

Looking at 30+ years between ejaculation and conception, it's unlikely you'll ever have to meet the little bastards.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
If offspring are the sole object, I suggest cryopreservation.

Looking at 30+ years between ejaculation and conception, it's unlikely you'll ever have to meet the little bastards.

It's not the sole object, it's just a milestone. Oh, I think having children rounds out your development as a man. I like kids. I used to want to be an elementary school teacher if you can believe that. Then I realized that the reality of teaching is not as fun as the idea of teaching.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Do any other ENTPs get some strange pleasure out of artistically sabotaging relationships? Or is that just a general dysfunction thing?

We're called the inventor for a reason. The inventor only needs to see the project through to the point his invention is working, proof of concept if you will. There is however no peace to be found in a life lived in this fashion. Most ENTPs have a handle on that by the time they're 30 though I don't think that helped answer anything.

I do think it's human nature (no matter type) to toss a wrench in things we have working smoothly, thus the reason you never see a sand castle on the beach with no children to be found. They spend all day building it and 5 minutes destroying it. That's seemingly human nature.

What you may be confusing however is the difficulty in getting an ENTP to commit to a relationship. Getting in our radar isn't an easy task and staying there is even harder. The dominant iNtuitives seem to have the absolute hardest time with relationship though I also think are capable of the deepest and most amazing relationships. For those with Ne this will often times come with a very steep learning curve as they try to figure out what they want or what they don't want for that matter.

I'm sure to many that may look like sabotage when if fact for me it was trying to end things in a way that was not damaging to the other person.