• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and relationship sabotage?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The wisdom to get ahead, is knowing when to take a step back. *is somewhere in the clouds, fumigating the atmosphere.*

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
and now you tell me....last night with an ENFJ...oh god, do i have to call her now?

jk but ya...i feel ya.
i know what im getting into with this ENFJ...she wants me to be possessive and hold doors and shit
ive known her for a while now and made sure she knows she knows im not that kind of a guy...and yet we have come to the crossroads of ENTP and ENFJ

i dont even know where this is headed, but i definately dont feel trapped...well maybe a little but whats life if not not-life

and by not-life i mean that when has life ever gone the way you want it...thats no fun anyway

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFJ. Hold onto your hat. And your genitals. And your pocketbook.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No one could ever want to commit to you anyway. Is that the fear?

Woah, good question. I used to think that way, that I was afraid of rejection, but the trail of still hopeful men I've left behind seems to convince me otherwise. I felt that way before I discovered that I'm not some freak anomaly, that people similar to me do exist and it's ok to exist like this. To not want what everyone else wants.

I've come to the conclusion that it's not you, it's me. I need a lot of space, and peace, and quiet. I work a lot. All the time. It's a passion to start new careers and explore new ideas. The freshness of it all. But it drains me. When I come home, the last thing I want is more fucking work. If I have to choose between the passion of the mind and the passion of the heart, I choose the mind. I know what I'm giving up for that, and it kinda makes me wistful a bit, but I know who I am and I know what makes me happy.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Woah, good question. I used to think that way, that I was afraid of rejection, but the trail of still hopeful men I've left behind seems to convince me otherwise. I felt that way before I discovered that I'm not some freak anomaly, that people similar to me do exist and it's ok to exist like this. To not want what everyone else wants.

I've come to the conclusion that it's not you, it's me. I need a lot of space, and peace, and quiet. I work a lot. All the time. It's a passion to start new careers and explore new ideas. The freshness of it all. But it drains me. When I come home, the last thing I want is more fucking work. If I have to choose between the passion of the mind and the passion of the heart, I choose the mind. I know what I'm giving up for that, and it kinda makes me wistful a bit, but I know who I am and I know what makes me happy.

See. Relationships don't have to be work. You don't have to suffer.

Maybe you don't want to be committed to anyone who could really love you. So you're stuck.

Sometimes we stay busy to avoid the thoughts that roll in like black storm clouds when it gets quiet and we're alone. With ourselves.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The grass is greener on the other side.

Seriously, got a good view from up here, go check it out!

Anyhow, I side with Syn, you don't have to be your ENTP self obsessively 24 hours a day, a relationship doesn't have to be work. It's not impossible to relax and let go every now and then from all of that. Work your ass off, come home, take a break with your partner and just let that brain up there go a bit. String a leash on it and let it move around in circles! Just don't get dizzy too much.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
See. Relationships don't have to be work. You don't have to suffer.

But they are, and I do.

Maybe you don't want to be committed to anyone who could really love you. So you're stuck.

Maybe you're right about this one. But it's ok, I've mourned it and buried it a long time ago. Don't cry for me, Argentina.

Sometimes we stay busy to avoid the thoughts that roll in like black storm clouds when it gets quiet and we're alone. With ourselves.

Perhaps. I wouldn't know because I'm always busy.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But they are, and I do.

You just suffer. Then you bring this into a relationship where you can't avoid it like you might normally.

Maybe you're right about this one. But it's ok, I've mourned it and buried it a long time ago. Don't cry for me, Argentina.

Some things don't stay buried or sunken, no matter how deep you hide them. Better to dig up the corpses and resurrect them or burn them utterly and eat the ashes.

Perhaps. I wouldn't know because I'm always busy.

For now. Not forever.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You just suffer. Then you bring this into a relationship where you can't avoid it like you might normally.

Some things don't stay buried or sunken, no matter how deep you hide them. Better to dig up the corpses and resurrect them or burn them utterly and eat the ashes.

For now. Not forever.

Oh my dear Synarch, what am I going to do with you? What are you going to do with you? I would love to meet your current love interest...

Some of what you are saying is true, others not so much. But at the end of the day, what does it matter? What can I do to change not only myself, but the type of men that come into my life? And why should I, if I am happy and satisfied with my life?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I cringed and squeeked. Time for some oil.

Anyhow, whatever makes you happy. But why settle for just that. :>

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh my dear Synarch, what am I going to do with you? What are you going to do with you? I would love to meet your current love interest...

Some of what you are saying is true, others not so much. But at the end of the day, what does it matter? What can I do to change not only myself, but the type of men that come into my life? And why should I, if I am happy and satisfied with my life?

Good question. I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

I'm like a broken clock. I'm only right twice a day and only because the volume of shit I generate means that I'm bound to excrete a nugget of gold every so often. It's not the number of home runs, it's the number of "at bats".

Happiness? Satisfaction? Screw that. The only satisfaction is in the doing and in the joy we have against the background of meaninglessness and suffering. Flame on till I flame out.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I cringed and squeeked. Time for some oil.

Anyhow, whatever makes you happy. But why settle for just that. :>

Are you offering to lube me up? :devil:

Why do you think having happiness is settling?

Hmmm, I get the feeling that some people here view me as some sort of sad clown... :D But no worries, I'm used to it.