• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and relationship sabotage?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
fucked up funhouse mirror strikes again...

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Funny.. I just mentioned earlier that it'd only be fitting for an ENTP to follow up his own post like this.

Why fitting?

But anyway. Wholeheartedly agree. You have to be upfront. Cuz.. we do care.
And shit.

Yea, agreed. ENTP are just retarded, especially younger ones. We see things that aren't there and don't see things that are there all the while convinced that we can see just about EVERYTHING. *shakes head* Stop drinking your own kool-aid.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm mister self sabotage. In a way. Also I'm quite childlike when it comes to dealing with 'people who like me'.
avoid or do as if nothing happened 'last night'.

I can be smoother than butter but when it comes to follow up i'm like 'boy..friend? ow, don't u prefer like, drinking buddy? We could meet in clubs, bars and all. It could be fun !

It's like the walls as closing in on me or something.

Oh, the walls closing in? That's the consequences we like to pretend don't exist.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So where exactly do those god complexes come in? *scratches head*

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
When we feel convinced that we know the real truth in every situation.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why fitting?

Well.. actually.. I'd said in a conversation earlier today, "only an ENTP would be the first to respond to his own post in agreement." This seemed somewhat similar. Well.. close enough to kinda make me smirk, at least.. :rolli:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well.. actually.. I'd said in a conversation earlier today, "only an ENTP would be the first to respond to his own post in agreement." This seemed somewhat similar. Well.. close enough to kinda make me smirk, at least.. :rolli:

Smirk away. Then sign up for the ENTP Fanclub newsletter.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ironic.

Becoming closer to all-knowing, when you realize you aren't all-knowing. :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Smirk away. Then sign up for the ENTP Fanclub newsletter.

Pfft.. never said I was a fan!
Besides.. clubs n' newsletters are a big commitment.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Knowledge is an illusion. A trap. A lie that will fuck you up. Make you stumble. Not to mention that it makes you stop asking questions. And looking.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's the point, fluff. Just when I think I've got it all figured out, something happens that makes me realize I don't. Then I want to take off and search for the truth. That's usually when I bail.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Pfft.. never said I was a fan!
Besides.. clubs n' newsletters are a big commitment.

You're a fan.

Just give us your email address and we spam you every month with special offers and industry insights. No commitment required. Unsubscribe at any time.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's the point, fluff. Just when I think I've got it all figured out, something happens that makes me realize I don't. Then I want to take off and search for the truth. That's usually when I bail.

You're just a pussy. Stop making cover stories to salve your wounded ego.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, there's knowledge and then there is wisdom, that guides us to the knowledge.

It would be wise to seek the knowledge you want, without assuming you will know it all.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You're just a pussy. Stop making cover stories to salve your wounded ego.

Hahaha, I'm not a pussy and I'm not wounded - that's the honest truth. Projection, perhaps?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do any other ENTPs get some strange pleasure out of artistically sabotaging relationships? Or is that just a general dysfunction thing?

I wonder if INFJs have similar issues with this.
Dysfunctional INFJs.
Seems like this deals with a lot of walls. Doubt, denial, fears.. overall vulnerability..

Assuming the OP wants to have a healthy relationship someday... the only means of having one is to let go of all the barriers. Embrace the fear. Be open to the fact that you can't control or know everything in the present or future.

Floating in outer space, more or less.
It sucks.

But I heartell the payoff is worth more than anything else in the end.