User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    The "empty spot" is something ENFPs and ENTPs share, not all them but not a small number of them either. For me this information surpasses any of you given the huge number of entps I encounter in my own workplace and in customer sites.
    So if what people say doesn't match up with what you believe is true than it will be dismissed?

I need to understand how they think and behave in the full continuum.
    That kind of conflicts with what you first said. ENTPs in here are saying there's no empty spot that external factors need to fill.

If you have something new to add then great, we'll listen, we're good like that, but information you've gathered from others does not trump personal experiance

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    exactly. if anything, i thought we made it clear that we were quite happy either with or without someone.
    That

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    So if what people say doesn't match up with what you believe is true than it will be dismissed?

:
    sorry I used the wrong wording here. What I meant was the need to understand entp behavior surpasses my unhappiness at the negative reactions I provoked /I have created here in one fell swoop with one off hand comment. I didnt mean to dismiss the comments of others, or dismiss others thoughts. data is data. Ne-Fi sense trends in people data. sorry it's what it does. If the model is wrong it has to be modified when new data appears.

h

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Shit, Synarch! Be nice!!!

I almost feel like I should be mad at you for calling ENTPs on their shit publicly (our innerworkings, our fears, etc), but maybe this is just the environment to do it. Because you're speaking from experience, and kinda telling us all how it is. Or at least, that's how I perceive it.

Now I really want to meet you and pick your brain with a crab fork for a few hours.
    I am being nice. ENTP's don't trust softness. So you have to dose them with fist kisses. Hits and hugs.

I don't know anything. "Every answer found begs another question." I just have more battle scars because I am older.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Ok, what's the backstory here?
    No backstory. I just have a low tolerance for ENFP know-it-all-and-let-me-tell-you-what-your-problem-is now that I am aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    sorry I used the wrong wording here. What I meant was the need to understand entp behavior surpasses my unhappiness at the negative reactions I provoked /I have created here in one fell swoop with one off hand comment. I didnt mean to dismiss the comments of others, or dismiss others thoughts. data is data. Ne-Fi sense trends in people data. sorry it's what it does. If the model is wrong it has to be modified when new data appears.

h
    What happened to that long rant that was here? I was gonna reply to some of that.
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 04-11-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Merging 3 post(s)
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Shit, Synarch! Be nice!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I am being nice. ENTP's don't trust softness. So you have to dose them with fist kisses. Hits and hugs.
    Very true. It's like an icy bucket of cold water to wake my ass up. Whether he hit the mark or not is not the point, I appreciated the effort and also had a good laugh at his choice of words. I deeply respect those who take the effort to dig deeper and get uncomfortable and challenge me. And even though it was directed at me, I still think that comment was more for himself, which makes it even more touching... Or maybe that's just my own projection and he really was just being a prick. Who cares - like everything in life, I choose to see the positive and take what I can from it.

No backstory. I just have a low tolerance for ENFP know-it-all-and-let-me-tell-you-what-your-problem-is now that I am aware of it.
    I have the same issue with the enfp's in my life. Always seeing shit that isn't there, and letting me know about myself. Also always acting like every remark that is less than positive is a cruel attack against them, so they lash out and ramble on. After a while, they figure out on their own that they were overreacting or taking it too personally and they apologize. At that point, they really listen and become extremely helpful, once the ego is set aside. But you have to go through a lot to get a lot, imho.

What happened to that long rant that was here? I was gonna reply to some of that.
    I didn't respond to her because I knew that would fuel the fire. Like I said, people react and then come to their senses on their own. She took it down. Go easy on her.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Very true. It's like an icy bucket of cold water to wake my ass up. Whether he hit the mark or not is not the point, I appreciated the effort and also had a good laugh at his choice of words. I deeply respect those who take the effort to dig deeper and get uncomfortable and challenge me. And even though it was directed at me, I still think that comment was more for himself, which makes it even more touching... Or maybe that's just my own projection and he really was just being a prick. Who cares - like everything in life, I choose to see the positive and take what I can from it.
    No, you're spot on. I don't keep a diary, it's masturbatory. So, much of what I write is for me, but I choose to shine it through the lens of communicating to others. I guess that's one definition of extraversion. I like to share even if what I'm sharing is colored with personal meaning.

I didn't respond to her because I knew that would fuel the fire. Like I said, people react and then come to their senses on their own. She took it down. Go easy on her.
    Yea, you're right.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

No, you're spot on.
    That goes with the territory, brother.

Yea, you're right.
    If you don't mind, I'm going to put this in my pocket and save it for a later date.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

If the apocalypse ever comes to pass. It will be due to too many ENTP's siding up with each other, no doubt.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yea, if we got organized there'd be trouble.

MBTI
    entp

Yea, if we got organized there'd be trouble.
    or the best thing that ever happened to the world

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    or the best thing that ever happened to the world
    I think the people-focused ENTP's are out there like little gardeners pruning bullshit and kicking asses for stronger hearts and minds.