• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and relationship sabotage?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i don't sabotage relationships. in the beginning, there is no 'relationship' to sabotage. what i do upon meeting someone new, is be myself, and watch carefully to see how they receive me. watch to see if they 'get' me. all the while, encouraging them wholeheartedly to do the same.

i don't see that as anything more than being honest.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
hm, what an uplifting and joyful thread!

Ths short answer is that you guys will never find someone or something else to fill the emprty spot. You have to look inside for that. I'll get you a longer answer when the toddler isn't dangling from doggie door.

uh. when did i say i had an empty spot?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, I'm not empty either.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
exactly. if anything, i thought we made it clear that we were quite happy either with or without someone.

"look inside for that". boy, there's someone who is definitely not an ENTP.

Ya nowadays. My old man absolutely has to have a woman around in some capacity. Is that due to his generation?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For all I know, this may not be type related.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
hm, what an uplifting and joyful thread!

Ths short answer is that you guys will never find someone or something else to fill the emprty spot. You have to look inside for that. I'll get you a longer answer when the toddler isn't dangling from doggie door.

There is quite possibly nothing more irritating than someone who presumes to tell you where your empty spot is inside. As if, a. there is one and b. they can see this and c. they feel confident enough to tell you all about it with a prescription for improving same. You're entertaining, but only because you make me want to blow my brains from sheer frustration more than almost anyone else here, which is impressive in its own way. Well done. :hug:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree. People often tend to believe that you NEED a relationship in order to function. But it's not.

For me, I find aspects of having a relationship very welcoming in my life. But I've never had a problem with being single either. There's no 'empty spot' to speak off.

(Believing relationships are a must; gives birth to tons of disfunctional families. :( )

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
^^
agree.jpg

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
There is quite possibly nothing more irritating than someone who presumes to tell you where your empty spot is inside. As if, a. there is one and b. they can see this and c. they feel confident enough to tell you all about it with a prescription for improving same.

seconded.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
exactly. if anything, i thought we made it clear that we were quite happy either with or without someone.

Yeah, we've made it very clear. What most people don't get is that my life is full of close relationships and full of happiness. If I told you I didn't a best friend, or I didn't have a brother, would you cry for me and lament my loss of balance in life? Why is it that people take pity in my not having this particular type of relationship. I'm going to stop now before I get mean.

I agree. People often tend to believe that you NEED a relationship in order to function. But it's not.

For me, I find aspects of having a relationship very welcoming in my life. But I've never had a problem with being single either. There's no 'empty spot' to speak off.

+1

You're entertaining, but only because you make me want to blow my brains from sheer frustration more than almost anyone else here, which is impressive in its own way. Well done. :hug:

Ok, what's the backstory here?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ok prof, but only for you.

I'm not getting mean at digest - she and I are in agreeement. And I wouldn't want to be mean to puppy - I guess that she just opened an old wound. If you read most of my posts (and I think I touched upon it in this thread) most of the problems I've had in life were from being forced to behave and think a certain way, especially as a woman. Being not as emotionally diverse as other little girls was very problematic for those around me. While planning their future weddings as children, none of my friends could ever understand why I was busy squashing bugs in my microscope.

While learning to be coquettish as teens, my friends thought my intellectual rough housing with the boys was my way of trying to steal their boyfriends. As my friends now are marrying off and having babies, they all look at me with pity as the girl who just can't find a man. I went through a phase where my family was whispering about me being a lesbian. Then there was the whole "maybe she was sexually abused as a child" phase.

It doesn't matter what I want for my own life - the answer must be that I'm broken, walking around with a hole where a heart should be. Stupid and silly. I just don't understand what my not having a husband has anything to do with my sexuality or my loneliness or a fucking hole in my heart. It gets on my nerves when someone says patronizingly "one day, you'll fall in love, and then you'll see" as if I've never known what it is to love someone. And if I give a shit about their opinion. Seriously, it's nerve racking, presumptuous and beyond annoying.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Oh no, I'm broked too jenocyde :( I'm not a full happy human bean until someone else accepts me and teaches me "the right way to live".

*tears*

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You're just a pussy. Stop making cover stories to salve your wounded ego.

Shit, Synarch! Be nice!!!

See. Relationships don't have to be work. You don't have to suffer.

Maybe you don't want to be committed to anyone who could really love you. So you're stuck.

Sometimes we stay busy to avoid the thoughts that roll in like black storm clouds when it gets quiet and we're alone. With ourselves.

Wow. Yes. I figured that out a long time ago, but don't know what to do with the knowledge.

This is our progress, though. If we were perfect, we'd have nothing to work towards.

I almost feel like I should be mad at you for calling ENTPs on their shit publicly (our innerworkings, our fears, etc), but maybe this is just the environment to do it. Because you're speaking from experience, and kinda telling us all how it is. Or at least, that's how I perceive it.

Now I really want to meet you and pick your brain with a crab fork for a few hours.