• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP in person

juggernaut

Permabanned
Check a University's philosophy dept. and/or philosophy club for INTPs and INTJs. :D

That's exactly right! My favorite prof is an INTJ, and my two best buds in the dept are INTP and INTJ. A lot of the folks that were philosophy majors as undergrads and planning to go to law school were ENTP or ENTJ. The bulk of the dept. is, however, INTP.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
Like your name Juggernaut.

So philosophy is filled with NT nice.

Now where is the philosophy lecturer's email at.

juggernaut

Permabanned
ty. :)

I know only one non-NT in the dept, and he's an NF. I would bet there are a lot of them in Area 3 (ethics, aesthetics, value theory) however. Most of us LEMmings (logic, epistemology, and metaphysics) folks are some flavor of NT.

Umm, my fav? I can send it to you privately if you like, but as an INTJ he's a fairly private man and probably wouldn't appreciate me broadcasting his email on a message board. Would you mind if I cleared it with him first though?

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
Nah, I am suppose to have a philosophy lecturer's email, I was suppose to write her to send some papers she is working on.

I had it on a piece of paper some where.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I dont know any INTP in person. Where do you'll hang out?

What majors do you take?

Also I dont know any ISTP, so same questions apply.

I don't know where to find INTPs. I don't think I've ever met one. That one letter makes a big difference.

You might find ISTPs on part of some athletic team. Club sports for sure. Try the biking team if you have one. That's not to say all ISTPs do sports, but you'll find a few that do there.

For majors, see below.

We're there somewhere. Look for the one chameleoning everyone else yet something still doesn't seem to follow orders. You can't spot an ISTP? Just imagine an ESTP that did notice the stain on their shirt after no one said anything. That or it's the one tieing their shoes even though the shoes are tied.

What?

Many of the scientists and engineers I work with are INTPs. They are pretty quiet and low key however and you have to work to get them actually talk to each other very much. They are really funny though if you pester them a little.

My ex husband was an ISTP. He took five years to get out of highschool, had the highest SAT scores of the county his junior year, and worked in construction/manual labor for about ten years before becoming a sucessful tattoo artist.

His mom is also an ISTP. She was a stay at home mom for many years and when she did start working she worked part time jobs that like being a bookkeeper or receptionist. She is the most practical human being I have ever met. Thier family motto-honestly, no lies-"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough"

Haha I can imagine myself in a similar situation. (This is also an answer to the OPs question.)

I got pretty high SAT scores, took a ton of AP classes, applied to 8 colleges and got into every one of them. Got scholarships too.

I was in Engineering at first, then Community Development and Applied Economics.

Then I dropped out.

I'm taking a year off and considering becoming a plumber cause it's an industry that's going to NEED people (most plumbers now are 40+ and many are looking to retire) and it's good pay/hours/benefits. I'd be pretty happy doing the work too.

Or, if I go back to college, I'd consider studying architecture. I love design in general.