• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP/ENFP relationship?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is it a bad idea? My ENFP mom LOVES ENTPs. It's all relative to the person as to what type works for them.

Qre:us

I know it's a bad idea, but how bad?

For me, as an ENTP, I have an assumed bias when it comes to ENFP that triggers my annoyance way faster than any other feeler type. It's because there's this very apparent similarity, that, if it becomes an issue that's of serious matter/dire consequences, the fact that they use Fi rather than Ti to make/come up, with their judgement, is quite annoying/frustating. And, it all stems from the complacency of comfort with the sameness, we're so alike, that, when they flip the "rule" [in my mind], in a negative situation, e.g., disagreement/argument - and apply Fi, it is more jarringly obvious to me, than another Feeler who's processing through Fi because I've already accepted, been accustomed to, the other differences between me and those feeler types, while this is not the case for the close cousin of mine, ENFP.

If that makes any sense. This is on me and my bias, as I've stated though (and I score very high T, working on balancing that :)). I'm sure if I conditioned myself to keep repeating in such situations, yes, they're using Fi, just understand...., it could work, but, my knee-jerk reaction is one of frustration.

The up side is, when it's good, it's phenomenal, like a an awsome mind-meld of the wacky Ne variety, whose fun knows no bounds.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im with Qre:us. I have the exact opposite of her experience.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Not sure I know any ENTPs. I know an ENTJ who I get on really well with. I enjoy the walking encyclopedia side of this person. Does all the planning for me as well.

L

Lasting_Pain

It is not that it is a bad idea, the relationship will be very good in the beginning. Full of excitement and love. But unfortunately there isn't much after that.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I love ENFP's as friends... but I couldn't live with one again. Nuh-uh.

sculpting

I think you cold see it start with lots of Ne tumbling fun and passion, but the two types mirror each other in ways that could feed off each other's unhappiness and amplify problems, rather than resolving them. However I'd imagine you could find worse matches, so I would not eliminate just on type.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Horrible idea. Endless drama alternating with crushing boredom.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP are supposed to get on with INTJ and INFJ. So who are INTJ and INFJ supposed to get on with? ENFP and ENTP if I remember right. So if INTJ and INFJ get on with ENFP and ENTP, then surely ... are we going round in circles yet?

The only thing is dominant Ne from both sides. A lot of fun, but could be like burnout if you had to live with the person all the time. Only a thought. As lots of people have echoed on these forums you can get on with different or similar types most of the time as long as both parties put the effort in.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
embrace the hate synarch. ;)

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well I've been dating an ENTP for 3 years now and it's been pretty awesome. Plenty of rough patches yes (we're both type A personalities to boot) but we get a long great if we're both in good moods.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well I've been dating an ENTP for 3 years now and it's been pretty awesome. Plenty of rough patches yes (we're both type A personalities to boot) but we get a long great if we're both in good moods.

Relevant part bolded.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
HAHAHAHA... to be honest I usually get on great with ENTPs whether they are in good moods or not... (One in particular is rarely in a good mood but we really get on well) There are some pitfalls but not more than other matches i'm sure :D

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
hmm this is interesting as my mate is introducing me to his girl friend and her friend is coming who i'm to keep entertained who sounds ENFP-ish!