User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 134

  1. #81
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i was raised by hippies! ha!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #82
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i was raised by hippies! ha!
    hahaha, same, i'm pretty sure many of our generation where (i'm guessing Y)...

    so... *digs under the joke* your saying that your principles are the ones you where raised with? and Fi just made them... important? desirable?

    @pinkgraffiti, what about you? at some point in your earlier life you read about Kant's catagorical imperative and just... embraced it? connected with it?

    your Fi basically just gets you people.. emotionally attached to rules? like it's a person or a brilliant idea or a favorite food? and you got attached to those rules throughout life? going about it the same way you'd go about every day nurturing your child or taking care of a pet you love?

    am i getting any of this right?

  3. #83
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i'm confused a bit by your phrasing...what are you unsure about...what is the question you are asking? why do have certain principles that never change? why we believe in an inherent truth at all?

    i don't know how it works for others but to me it feels that all of it just is...just as you grow and you learn that the sun is bright...trees have leaves...etc etc...you just become who you are...ya know? not with everything obviously some things i have to think about awhile to decide how i feel about it...i think that works in much the same way as you use ti you have certain principles you feel are true and then others you have to think about...right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #84
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm confused a bit by your phrasing...what are you unsure about...what is the question you are asking? why do have certain principles that never change? why we believe in an inherent truth at all?

    i don't know how it works for others but to me it feels that all of it just is...just as you grow and you learn that the sun is bright...trees have leaves...etc etc...you just become who you are...ya know? not with everything obviously some things i have to think about awhile to decide how i feel about it...i think that works in much the same way as you use ti you have certain principles you feel are true and then others you have to think about...right?
    Ti (in combination with Ne) can help me understand the "principles" or the laws that govern a system, it doesn't really make those principles important to me...
    we all learn about principles, our parents want us to learn about them, society wants us to learn about them, philosophers have various ideas about various principles, sometimes it's interesting to figure out various principles...

    but from what i am getting, there is something about Fi that make you guys incorporate those principles into the basics of your behavior and thought process, into how you interpret information and how you decide what to do...

    and from what i've seen it's not about context, it's not about consequances or causality, it's not about how you feel about the people or the situation your applying it too, or maybe its better said - it governs how you feel about the situations you are applying it too... the principle just stands.

    so i am asking what is it that make you incorporate those principles to such an extent? how do you expeirence that? are you getting attached to it emotionally? and what makes one principle important but another one not?

  5. #85
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Ti (in combination with Ne) can help me understand the "principles" or the laws that govern a system, it doesn't really make those principles important to me...
    we all learn about principles, our parents want us to learn about them, society wants us to learn about them, philosophers have various ideas about various principles, sometimes it's interesting to figure out various principles...

    but from what i am getting, there is something about Fi that make you guys incorporate those principles into the basics of your behavior and thought process, into how you interpret information and how you decide what to do...

    and from what i've seen it's not about context, it's not about consequances or causality, it's not about how you feel about the people or the situation your applying it too, or maybe its better said - it governs how you feel about the situations you are applying it too... the principle just stands.

    so i am asking what is it that make you incorporate those principles to such an extent? how do you expeirence that? are you getting attached to it emotionally? and what makes one principle important but another one not?
    Principles is a thing anyone can have. You can see that rationally from the point of view that you thru your principles decide what kind of person you want to be in life and how you want to be seen by others. If you have no principles, you are just a pawn and people who say that 'being objective' means 'having no principles' never had to take on responsibility in their lifes. Cause when you do you are called on your principles pretty soon and have to make a decision which isnt always possible to be solved rationally. So being able to decide without a double safety-net of comforting reason, is an important step to growing up and to being able to take on responsibility for your life and the lifes of others.

    What you mean in regards to Fi people, I wouldnt call principles. Its just that Fi people have their internalized feeling system, how they and them only feel about something. The same reason applies to me not being able to explain math to children, tho I am a math crack. I have a very internalized way to think and explain stuff in my words not always suited for the framework of thoughts of other people. The same applies to Fi. Principles tho that arent, principles are something you stick to no matter the cost and what you dont change, no matter how you feel or think in a given context. I dont think that NFs are any less human in that regards than the rest of the World (tho they regulary make believe that they arent).
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #86
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Principles is a thing anyone can have. You can see that rationally from the point of view that you thru your principles decide what kind of person you want to be in life and how you want to be seen by others. If you have no principles, you are just a pawn and people who say that 'being objective' means 'having no principles' never had to take on responsibility in their lifes. Cause when you do you are called on your principles pretty soon and have to make a decision which isnt always possible to be solved rationally. So being able to decide without a double safety-net of comforting reason, is an important step to growing up and to being able to take on responsibility for your life and the lifes of others.
    except that without Fi those principles aren't standing for themselves, they are derived from what you think and how you feel about everything that's involved in the situation in which you are applying them too.

    for example, an Fi user might look at me and think i have a strong principle of loyalty and must believe in it very strongly, but in reality it's simply that when i love someone other prospects sort of fade, i loose the openness and the need to make such connections, the thought of hurting them or risking my relationship with them becomes a joke, and when others flirted with me or made a move my brain's reaction was less along the lines of "fighting the urge" and more along the lines of "nana nanana you want me but you can't have me"... it is entirely a result of Fe. no principle, no law, just a derivative of other factors... and if the context and the factors change, so can the 'principle' behavior.

    something about Fi makes it... entirely different. the principles stand even when the particular factors that would derive it don't.

  7. #87
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    you're right they do stand on they're own and are completely uninfluenced by others. i'm not on anyones side...i'll just jump back and forth to defend whatever i think is right...it is kinda a trip isn't it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #88
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    you're right they do stand on they're own and are completely uninfluenced by others. i'm not on anyones side...i'll just jump back and forth to defend whatever i think is right...it is kinda a trip isn't it.
    but how does it work? what makes you emotionally attached to principles? they aren't alive, they don't have any feelings, i'm sure at some point the intelectual play of the principles as ideas would become boring, they have no flavor, its not like you come up with an assortment of great moments with them like someone might have with their favorite shirt...

    what is happening there inside that makes them important?

  9. #89
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    it's not an emotional attachment mane. it just is... and my emotional attachment towards others don't change it...ever. if i believe that killing is wrong it doesn't matter if it's me..you..my mother...my best friend..my child...my husband...or a completely random person who does it...it...is wrong...it just is...and there's no justifiable reason that would change that. i don't feel any emotional attachment to it...i don't think of it as a friend or beloved object...it just is.

    i can't even begin to tell you how it comes to be...how these ideas become ingrained...they just are.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #90
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    ok guy, i'm progressively getting lost in this conversation and thinking i'm getting further from the point, but i appreciate your interest and i'll try to get the point.... :

    i think what you are missing and what is essential (regarding kant and so on) is that you understand that Fi is internal. it does not come from outside. its not a rationalization. i didn't read kant and decide i like it. i have principles, i read kant and i was like: oh, great, i agree with this guy. ....maybe you could understand this since you use Ti. its the same, just replace T with F.

    examples, lets see:ok i give you a very practical example, alright?
    some months ago a new boss arrived to my work. we had the radio on to a world music station.
    - she arrived and said: "oh, what is this station?"
    - and i said "oh, its great, isn't it? "
    - she replied "no, its shit, we have to change this"
    - and i thought "wtf?"

    the next day: she comes in, changes the radio station to some incredibly pop shit. (i love music)
    - i'm like: "listen, i can't listen to that, its horrible."
    - she (oh, btw, she's a total ESFJ): "oh, we can pick something in the middle for both of us"
    - me: "no, I'm sorry, i can't listen to that. why are you imposing that upon me? i'm not forcing you to listen to my station, don't force your station upon me"
    - she: "ok, then i put my station"
    - i feel hurt
    - days pass, me: "i'm sorry, can you please turn that off? can you listen to music from your headphones? i listen to music through my headphones, i don't force you to listen to my music. you'd die if you had to listen to what i listen to (i listen to a lot of experimental stuff, as well as heavy-metal etc)

    so here we have a very clear clash between Fe and Fi. i still listen to my music through headphones. when she is outside of the room, i put it on loud speakers. if she comes in turn it off automatically, since i don't want to disturb her. she doesn't do this, she knows i don't like her music and still she doesn't care. i find her extremely inconsiderate to force me to listen to her music, when i have never forced her to listen to mine. in fact, i'm beginning to hate her on the fact that she arrived and imposed something upon me (she listens to a techno-pop station, i can't even work with the disco beats going on all day, it hurts my *snob* ears). her, she thinks that we should come to a solution that is middle way to both of us and whilst i don't compromise on this topic (because i don't find it to be fair) she keeps on doing it her way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    hahaha, same, i'm pretty sure many of our generation where (i'm guessing Y)...

    so... *digs under the joke* your saying that your principles are the ones you where raised with? and Fi just made them... important? desirable?

    @pinkgraffiti, what about you? at some point in your earlier life you read about Kant's catagorical imperative and just... embraced it? connected with it?

    your Fi basically just gets you people.. emotionally attached to rules? like it's a person or a brilliant idea or a favorite food? and you got attached to those rules throughout life? going about it the same way you'd go about every day nurturing your child or taking care of a pet you love?

    am i getting any of this right?

Similar Threads

  1. [Ne] Is shared Ne good in a relationship? (ENTP & ENFP)
    By EnnisPreit in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 03:48 PM
  2. [ENFP] ESFP and ENFP Relationships
    By PeaceRobin in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2015, 10:24 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTP's - Relationships and Acceptance
    By TheLazyAnarchist in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 03:49 AM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs and relationship sabotage?
    By marmandahalf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 01:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO