User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    perhaps...but yeah there's value in differences...you're good at that...i'm good at this...but we're alike in this way...i think it could be cool.
    And the house would never get cleaned, groceries would be a rare thing, etc., but we won't sweat such small unimportant shyte.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha!! i don't know what you're talking about...i clean...i might tell you to leave so that i can clean alone...i don't like doing it with people around and i like food...but the car would totally blow up due to never having enough fluids or whatever...most likely and...we'd forget all kinds of important things when we go out of town...and the bank account might be a mess....come on...that sounds awesome yeah?!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

i dunno, guys, as much as i would utterly, totally love to give the thumbs up on this combo...reality holds too much truth.

For this to work both would have to be willing to do a few things.

First avoid the tert functions like all hell. Te and Fe used in a tert way are sorta like ill formed sledge hammers with an all-or-none aspect to them. An enfp will misread an Fe rebuke as a more global insult of their Fi personhood-their self definition, then lash out with Te. The ENTP feels the Te absoluteness, and is offended by how it personally challenges the Ti logical constructs-their self definition. There is a symmetry here in both reactions, but I cant really relay the entp perception properly as it is not mine.

If they can avoid the tert functions-the stress reactions, then they still have to work through the aux functions and be able to learn to not be offended by Ti questioning or Fi emo spewing, because both will happen from time to time-again a symmetric response.

It would take an exceptionally self aware couple, dedicated to a lot of REAL work and forgiveness, to pull this combo off. I know many, many ENTPs who married ENFPs as the first "crazy" wife or who have had ENFP "stalkers" due to the communication issues. It makes me sad as both typically mean well.

Oh, but I how I do love to swim in the sea of Ne with you guys as friends though. You make the bestest best friends ever. We both are grounded in a tiny bit of the past Si but swimming in the endless future of Ne. (Can you remind what reality is again? )

MBTI
    ENFP

I would totally appreciate my ideas streamlined. I dated an INTP, so I value efficiency and whatnot when it comes to my ideas. So that I'm already used to. What really excites me is this intense beginning people are talking about...I wanna find out what that's all about. I just am not sure how to deal with his jealousy and insecurity that I see from time to time. Makes me wonder if he is an ENFP or just a male ENTP who hasn't quite gotten used to his emotions. I value that he is straightforward with me for the most part. But his E makes him not as straightforward as I would prefer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

how does his e make him less straightforward? that seems backwards. i have only dated one extravert and his straightforwardness was one of my favorite things.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    how does his e make him less straightforward? that seems backwards. i have only dated one extravert and his straightforwardness was one of my favorite things.

Welp, I was sort of thinking that E's seem to be more people-pleasing. So I was wondering if that would make him prone to sugarcoating...to soften the blow. I'm not really sure now come to think of it. See, in my current situation, he and I are on the verge of dating. He is totally upfront with me about a lot of things and about how he had a date. Yet on one hand, he didn't know how to go about cancelling the date with her because he realized he didn't want to go. So he seemed to sugarcoat things with that chick. Since he isn't an F...I just gathered that it was his E.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i don't think so...he was probably just trying to be mindful of her feelings...be polite...nice and all that...that's just a manners thing isn't it?
    -Jim Morrison

ReflecTcelfeR

It's impossible for T's to do that... so I'd say it's an F thing... I'm feeling sassy tonight.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, I'm an F. And I can be nice and straightforward. I could tell someone nicely that "I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for anything right now. But it was great getting to know you." Unlike what he did..."I'm too busy too go out tonight." Which she took as not rejection and invited herself over. So sometimes being "polite" can backfire. There is nothing wrong with being flat out honest. Hell...maybe I'm the T. Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by MafiaAngel180 View Post
    Welp, I was sort of thinking that E's seem to be more people-pleasing. So I was wondering if that would make him prone to sugarcoating...to soften the blow. I'm not really sure now come to think of it. See, in my current situation, he and I are on the verge of dating. He is totally upfront with me about a lot of things and about how he had a date. Yet on one hand, he didn't know how to go about cancelling the date with her because he realized he didn't want to go. So he seemed to sugarcoat things with that chick. Since he isn't an F...I just gathered that it was his E.
    Id suggest Fe. I actually had a good ENTP friend in college who moved rather than break up with his girlfriend. She ran into him about a year later at a party. "So I noticed you moved.....and changed your phone number....you could have just said you werent interested anymore...."