User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    hmm this is interesting as my mate is introducing me to his girl friend and her friend is coming who i'm to keep entertained who sounds ENFP-ish!
    but...you're Intp...so it's different. some entps have said before they don't like to share the spotlight with enfps...i think it's the e/e thing for them. not an issue imo but for some it might be....but anyway intp and enfps get along well i i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    but...you're Intp...so it's different. some entps have said before they don't like to share the spotlight with enfps...i think it's the e/e thing for them. not an issue imo but for some it might be....but anyway intp and enfps get along well i i think.
    Yeah, I think there's something to that. Some of my most magnetic crushes have been on ENFPs. I just never acted on them, so shame on me.

MBTI
    ENFP

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not, bah...will just add to this one.

I'm an ENFP and just met an ENTP(supposedly). I heard good and bad things about this combination...therefore my curiosity is piqued.

Here are the good things that I've noticed my particular ENTP: 1.) He is the first person who actually seems like he wants to do STUFF with me. Weird, I know. But I think it's our shared ETP. I've dated other types who were stuck in their own world, didn't want to have fun with me, had to have other people around, or were busy trying to conquer the world. So I am under the impression, so far, that I might get some quality time with this one. Refreshing. 2.) We have very similar academic interests. (I've been on a self-improvement mission, so my F isn't as high as what it used to be.) 3.) Oddly, he appreciates and recognizes my infamous "enfp trueself." He thinks I'm deep and compassionate. He also is intrigued by my aloofness and non-pushiness (something that didn't come naturally at first but have gained from years of dating experience.)

We seem so simliar...I am very much intrigued yet terrified.

I've noticed a few things that could possibly be problematic. 1.) I sense that he could possibly be jealous. Natural, sure. But because I am a loyal-to-a-fault enfp, I really dislike explaining myself or trying to reassure someone. Perhaps once he gets to know me, trust will come. 2.) I'm also gathering that he is insecure and he sometimes gets down on himself. I don't know if it's common that entps need reassurance. 3.) He might possibly have a drinking problem. I don't know him well enough yet. But this is a big red flag. He is just so damned different and intriguing that I am contemplating getting to know him further.

I've never met anyone like him. We seem so similar. Maybe he is an enfp?

All of the things I learned from the dating game...I'm not sure if it will work with him. Such as...I know the space intrigues him because it's mysterious...but how much will drive him into jealousy and insecurity? Because I really don't require THAT much space, just that other types I've dated did. So I've become accustomed to it. I was thinking about not talking to him for a day or two, but I'm not sure if that's the best idea. Actually...come to think about it...if entps like a challenge...I am ready for it. I don't want him to think he totally has me yet.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I dated an ENTP very briefly. Now we're good friends.

Boy, was it insanely intense while we were first getting to know each other. That part was incredible.

But Ne unchecked is fraught with problems. I need someone to help check my Ne excesses, not foster them. Then there is the Fi versus Ti thing. This caused problems, too. It was like we were so much alike that the Ti/Fi differences were accentuated.

But we are great friends. He can keep up with my zaniness. And, I throw out random things he finds interesting.

ReflecTcelfeR

I have an insanely huge crush on one as of now. I don't forsee any issues thus far (besides the fact she already has a boyfriend). The carefree Ne is so... attractive. Everything she says is just out there and offensive, this last I don't mind because she has those beady eyes. I'm under her spell and I need to break free.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i really just think it's about what you like...if you like the ways you guys are different...i think i like ti a lot but it's important that people understand where i'm coming from too...i don't wanna be made to feel like my way is less valid or something.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ...i don't wanna be made to feel like my way is less valid or something.
    Would you get annoyed or frustrated if the ENTP is just pointing out issues with a suggestion you made [perhaps, to stream-line your idea more]? Or would you take it as a personal affront that they're dismissing you, by extension of them dismissing parts of your idea that may logically not make sense?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no not at all...i think i'd appreciate that.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    no not at all...i think i'd appreciate that.
    Then you'd be a cool ENFP for the average ENTP [if you were so inclined].

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

perhaps...but yeah there's value in differences...you're good at that...i'm good at this...but we're alike in this way...i think it could be cool.
    -Jim Morrison