User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 134

  1. #111
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    So we can conclude that entp and enfp aint too bad and that its dependant on how much every party is willing to invest in the relationship, like with every relationship. And that we shouldnt let ourselves be guided by madeup book definitions like Fi and Ti being contradictonary terms and therefore a relationship isnt possible, but rather test ourselves in reality and find out thru real life experience whats possible and whats not.

    High 5 ?!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #112
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i really really wish i knew if my ex boyfriend was an enfp on entp it was very hard to tell.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #113
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i really really wish i knew if my ex boyfriend was an enfp on entp it was very hard to tell.
    Even if you would know, it wouldnt change your past and only cloud your mind in the future. I think that sometimes the talent of Ne-doms to being able to start every day as a new day without luggage from the past, is a greater help than the rest of the world tries to make us believe.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #114
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Even if you would know, it wouldnt change your past and only cloud your mind in the future. I think that sometimes the talent of Ne-doms to being able to start every day as a new day without luggage from the past, is a greater help than the rest of the world tries to make us believe.
    i don't think functions have anything to do with it - people look to the past when they feel that what want in life happens to be in their past.

    if anything, Ne makes you see oppertunities in past situations, which can make letting go of the past harder.

  5. #115
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i don't think functions have anything to do with it - people look to the past when they feel that what want in life happens to be in their past.

    if anything, Ne makes you see oppertunities in past situations, which can make letting go of the past harder.
    Sure you aint intp with that high demand for correctness in you ?

    Yea I didnt mean Ne, what I meant was enthusiasm, which is different from functions.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #116
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    hahaha, same, i'm pretty sure many of our generation where (i'm guessing Y)...

    so... *digs under the joke* your saying that your principles are the ones you where raised with? and Fi just made them... important? desirable?

    @pinkgraffiti, what about you? at some point in your earlier life you read about Kant's catagorical imperative and just... embraced it? connected with it?

    your Fi basically just gets you people.. emotionally attached to rules? like it's a person or a brilliant idea or a favorite food? and you got attached to those rules throughout life? going about it the same way you'd go about every day nurturing your child or taking care of a pet you love?

    am i getting any of this right?
    The way Fi feels to me is a bit like really complex fuzzy principles grounded in a physiological, visceral network. (The INFPs describe it as being like a tree with big and little branches, where thickness is the importance of the value in question)

    These fuzzy principles derive from childhood. Each time I perceived someone else to be hurt, I internally, emphatically reflected their hurt as my own. In a physiological way, where my stomach gets tense and I get anxious and I can internally "feel" a mimic of whatever their hurt was. Each time this happens, the unpleasantness builds in an "away-from" reaction and those things that cause pain for others become labeled as "bad". Over time, the expereinces add up to produce a generalized, abstract value-principles.

    For instance "speaking harshly to another is bad" might be a value. If I violate this and speak harshly, I internally feel anxious, stressed, guilty and even a bit ill.

    However eventually things get more complicated...what if a person is hurting another person? It is bad to let that continue.

    Thus now it becomes a value-principle weighing process. "Speaking harshly is bad" vs "letting others be hurt is bad".

    Thus I may speak up and defend the other person in a harsh manner...and feel no guilt as internally I was okay with the second value-principle overruling the first, as it serves to be consistent with a much deeper core value of "people should not be hurt".

    Complicating the matter is that there are a number of very core values-do not hurt others, maintain integrity, be forthright, be dedicated, be responsible...all which have to be weighed in each situation to determine the best answer.

    The values seem to start off fairly broad and simplistic, however with age and experience, they develop more and more complexity and refinement-resolution. The values can also be context specific to the situation-thus a generalized value may not hold in a particular situation. (This is how new values form or resolution is added to an existing value)

    As more Te grows in, the values also began to be viewed in a more global perspective. "it isnt okay to hurt others" vs "we all are part of the same work system and are dependent upon one another, and if you do not hold up your end of the deal and do your work, you need to be replaced" . Recognizing that it is now the benefit of an entire group at stake, it becomes okay to inflict some amount of hurt on the slacker, via letting them go find a new job elsewhere.

    ^^my perspective of course.

    (As for the thread, I think enfp-entp would be extremely difficult to maintain as people develop their tert functions. We both use our tert function as an immature defensive tool, which we each, mutually, find very disagreeable to be on the receiving end of. enormous amounts of communication and acceptance would be required)

  7. #117
    meinmeinmein! mmhmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yeah, I think there's something to that. Some of my most magnetic crushes have been on ENFPs. I just never acted on them, so shame on me.
    why, hello there. <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    would you feel guilty or ashamed if you where found inconsistent in your principles? would you feel guilty even if you were not found?
    well, having inconsistent views about everything is what makes
    up a large part of who i am. to be honest, most of the time i don't
    even "notice/realize/aware" i'm being inconsistent (to the outside world)
    because:

    1. there are just so many shades of gray in a situation - despite that i can
    have a very black&white view of certain things - but i can totally block it out
    when needed (see #2)

    2. i have this crazy internal mechanism that can justify my actions about
    anything, even if it doesn't line up with the external world.

    on feeling guilt /ashamed

    A) usually i just end up sulky-faced because "other people don't understand"
    because they haven't taken in account the massive amounts of self-justification
    and perspectives i've weaved in to justify whatever i did--(because honestly it's
    not the outcome that i'm focused on, it's always about the pursuit and also
    the joy of improvisation)

    B) rarely is it guilt. guilt is when i know i've really done something wrong.
    but i'm rarely wrong. See #1.

    ie. say i lie to somebody. yes, lying is wrong. but then i can explain
    the reason why i had to lie in the first place, and put it in context,
    and frame it (and i usually expect people to understand--but most
    don't--and i'll get upset over that)

    because i don't automatically think that what i'm doing is being
    a conniving little liar. but instead i think and believe that i handled
    it the best i could, and thus if my intentions were "pure" in afterthought...
    then i'm fine.

    it's a very strange cycle to get out of--not that i think it's wrong
    or bad, but i just think it's very limiting to what i thrive on in the
    first place--perspectives, and other lenses i can see the world through.

    so i struggle with trying not to do that (or what other people tend to
    call "have accountability") -- i think mostly because it involves getting
    over myself? and that's very hard to do.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    The way Fi feels ...
    Why are you telling us this?


    Btw, I disagree with you. It's not only the tetr, the aux is also problematic. I can't honestly say I am OK with the way Fi works. ENFPs are also "not fans of" Ti.

    For a grotesque depiction of how the world percieves ENFPs, please see the character of Linda in .

  9. #119
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    ^Thats a classical entp: on the one hand we run around proclaiming that traditions are dead and people should think more innovatively and on the other hand we tell people how they are perceived by society. Its no wonder Fi people hate us, we work hard for it.

    You shouldnt overestimate the power of your Fe. At times it may feel like there is no situation in the World we couldnt deal with and that this fact makes us the perfect candidates for saying what is socially accepted and what is not. Fact tho is that real personality only emerges when you critically face your values and analyze them for their worth. If you just lick asses and think that makes you the perfect candiate to tell people what to do, you are walking a dangerous path of loosing your mind. Fe is after all only tertiary in entps and only in combination with good humor and a refreshing mind its possible for us to use it at all. If you just one time spend a day with a Fe primary, you'll see quickly that most of the acceptance people have towards you, stems from them being nice to you but not necessarily because they find your shit hilarious.

    Fe as tert function is our most prominent one to make us loose our minds and individuality. Therefore I wouldnt run around pointing nude fingers at well-dressed people.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #120
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    The way Fi feels to me is a bit like really complex fuzzy principles grounded in a physiological, visceral network. (The INFPs describe it as being like a tree with big and little branches, where thickness is the importance of the value in question)

    These fuzzy principles derive from childhood. Each time I perceived someone else to be hurt, I internally, emphatically reflected their hurt as my own. In a physiological way, where my stomach gets tense and I get anxious and I can internally "feel" a mimic of whatever their hurt was. Each time this happens, the unpleasantness builds in an "away-from" reaction and those things that cause pain for others become labeled as "bad". Over time, the expereinces add up to produce a generalized, abstract value-principles.

    For instance "speaking harshly to another is bad" might be a value. If I violate this and speak harshly, I internally feel anxious, stressed, guilty and even a bit ill.

    However eventually things get more complicated...what if a person is hurting another person? It is bad to let that continue.

    Thus now it becomes a value-principle weighing process. "Speaking harshly is bad" vs "letting others be hurt is bad".

    Thus I may speak up and defend the other person in a harsh manner...and feel no guilt as internally I was okay with the second value-principle overruling the first, as it serves to be consistent with a much deeper core value of "people should not be hurt".

    Complicating the matter is that there are a number of very core values-do not hurt others, maintain integrity, be forthright, be dedicated, be responsible...all which have to be weighed in each situation to determine the best answer.

    The values seem to start off fairly broad and simplistic, however with age and experience, they develop more and more complexity and refinement-resolution. The values can also be context specific to the situation-thus a generalized value may not hold in a particular situation. (This is how new values form or resolution is added to an existing value)

    As more Te grows in, the values also began to be viewed in a more global perspective. "it isnt okay to hurt others" vs "we all are part of the same work system and are dependent upon one another, and if you do not hold up your end of the deal and do your work, you need to be replaced" . Recognizing that it is now the benefit of an entire group at stake, it becomes okay to inflict some amount of hurt on the slacker, via letting them go find a new job elsewhere.

    ^^my perspective of course.

    (As for the thread, I think enfp-entp would be extremely difficult to maintain as people develop their tert functions. We both use our tert function as an immature defensive tool, which we each, mutually, find very disagreeable to be on the receiving end of. enormous amounts of communication and acceptance would be required)
    YES!!!! I love you!!

Similar Threads

  1. [Ne] Is shared Ne good in a relationship? (ENTP & ENFP)
    By EnnisPreit in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 03:48 PM
  2. [ENFP] ESFP and ENFP Relationships
    By PeaceRobin in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2015, 10:24 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTP's - Relationships and Acceptance
    By TheLazyAnarchist in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 03:49 AM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs and relationship sabotage?
    By marmandahalf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 01:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO