User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    SLE is something like ESTP? I vaguely believe I can come off like an ENTP sometimes, but not really.

Love to help, but Socionics has mumbo jumbo and pictograms. It isn't just post-modern MBTI?
    Socionics was developed much more scientifically than MBTI, actually. It developed over in Russia completely separately from MBTI, still based, of course on Carl Jung's function theories.

In my personal opinion, MBTI types and Socionics types are largely interchangeable in the way that if you are INTP in MBTI you ought to be INTp in socionics. Now, as we're trying to look at the mind and personality scientifically, this OUGHT to be the case, if you think about it.

I know that some MBTI types do not directly translate to their socionics counterparts, but in my opinion, this has to do with flaws in the MBTI testing.

Just some socionics mumbo-jumbo for ya.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Socionics was developed much more scientifically than MBTI, actually. It developed over in Russia completely separately from MBTI, still based, of course on Carl Jung's function theories.

In my personal opinion, MBTI types and Socionics types are largely interchangeable in the way that if you are INTP in MBTI you ought to be INTp in socionics. Now, as we're trying to look at the mind and personality scientifically, this OUGHT to be the case, if you think about it.

I know that some MBTI types do not directly translate to their socionics counterparts, but in my opinion, this has to do with flaws in the MBTI testing.

Just some socionics mumbo-jumbo for ya.
    Yes, but from what I recall the "Americans" use the four letter system, so its like copying MBTI. But that the 4 dichotomies are different by definition. Extroversion/Introversion is defined differently etc, so the tests need to change to reflect that.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Interesting observations. I'm surprised you know that many. What is your method for deciphering types under socionics.
    It's odd out of all the people I know, the NTs seem to find their way to me the most. Socionics typing people is like matching them up from instant hints to profiles I've read. Once I get a clear direction, I can question upon them functions and element values. Quadra values too.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That are nice numbers. I am also a fan of socionics. I did not know that INTJ mistype themselves as ESTP or vice versa. Thats pretty intresting.

I saw a correlation in the table to mistypings I witnessed first hand in the forums. It seems to be quite accurate.
    Yeah.

Something about INTJs/INTPs/ISTPs, often mistyping themselves as one another. INTJs seem to type more as ENTP in Socionics than ESTP. Lemons is the first one to even bring that kind of info to the table. Plus, it's all based on his view. While ENTP results come from many different, individual perceptions.

deleted

Ok binary. I think I found our her type. She fits a lot of ESFp profiles, and especially this one: Definitive Socionics Info: ESFp "Ambassador"

Her husband is likely an INTp then. He is an INXP in MBTI.

So there's an INTJ who probably fits best into ESFp in Socionics. Opposite letters, not opposite personality.

Based on your previous question, I got to this solution by comparing my values to hers. The 8 functions. INTj values Ti, Ne, Fe, Si. She is the opposite of all of those. Interesting how well we can get along. We both are in fact reasonable human beings.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

How is it possible that an INTJ would match with SLE or SEE? The two systems aren't that disparate. If an INTJ would relate with SLE, Se would be their dominant function. Se, of all the functions, is the function that is pretty much defined the same way in Socionics and MBTI. INTX I can understand, but generally I think the types match up.

deleted

No, socionics Se and MBTI Se aren't the same. They have commonalities since MBTI Se goes partly into both Socionics Se and Si. Socionics Se is much more authoritarian and tactical. Where as socionics Te is about making things simpler and more efficient (in case there was some confusion between those two).

An Se valuer will have strong Si, so they have the strong ability to perceive physical sensation, pleasure and dissonance of it, but they count on it less because its not valued like Se is. It's more of a friendly notice lol. When their Se plans might go astray because of some Si limitation.

deleted

This girl who always tests as INTJ on the MBTI, I am absolutely positive she is an ISTp in socionics. What an odd difference, although the Te is there for both.