User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Yeah. But. How do you know you're right?

I have lots and lots on INTPs and ENTPs to study so they tend to be pretty easy for me to pick up on. Plus I travel to tech heavy cities so they planes tend to have a lot of NTs on them. If you combine styles and patterns of dressing with the eye movements and just the general attitude they entps just sort of pop out.

A friend had went to a few nlp classes and we started watching eye movements after that.

Entps will alternate upwards-right or upwards-left movements when in a super Ne state with very direct, focused, studious stares when using a lot of Ti. They tend to alternate. If not having to focus a lot this means lots of focused glancing.

INTPs tend to be looking directly but not really at you, unless you can make them laugh about something and you can see the Ne start to kick in a bit. and they will be more active with some upwards glancing.

ENTJs stare you down like tigers and nothing is more fun than going head to head with an entj when you are right. They are very active and assertive and I luv poking them and making them twitch. They look mean and look agressive and assertive and have very direct, piercing eye contact with animation in thier facial muscles implying they will deal with you as needed.

INTJs look directly at you and it feels very intense but I think it is more like flat-panned. They are really focused on an internal order of things and once you get them to laugh, then you can see something activate in thier expression and the gaze relaxes a bit. Thier face itself -the muscles and such dont seem to have expression when in the flat-panned look

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    I get into thier hearts by showing my truest simpliest side. It's like pure innocent feeling. I just overflow with it like a little feeling glow torch and I sit and listen to them teach me about whatever it is they know about.

Funny, I can be more honest about Fi with an INTJ than with any other type, as they sort of bask in it and are fascinated in it. They bring out the child in me and I can't be mean to them at all as they are so alone sometimes, and it makes me sad and want to be with them. I can make them smile when they are totally in the dumps.
    I think I have yet to meet someone like that... It would be an interesting experience I think. Now that I think about it, one of my best friends in high school might have been like this, but I lost track of her somewhere along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I have given this serious thought, and I believe the answer is:

Cleavage.
    I think it works the other way too... My favorite season of the year is not Spring, Summer, Fall... but rather... CONSTRUCTION SEASON! *Dance/Drool*

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Entps will alternate upwards-right or upwards-left movements when in a super Ne state with very direct, focused, studious stares when using a lot of Ti. They tend to alternate. If not having to focus a lot this means lots of focused glancing.

INTPs tend to be looking directly but not really at you, unless you can make them laugh about something and you can see the Ne start to kick in a bit. and they will be more active with some upwards glancing.

ENTJs stare you down like tigers and nothing is more fun than going head to head with an entj when you are right. They are very active and assertive and I luv poking them and making them twitch. They look mean and look agressive and assertive and have very direct, piercing eye contact with animation in thier facial muscles implying they will deal with you as needed.

INTJs look directly at you and it feels very intense but I think it is more like flat-panned. They are really focused on an internal order of things and once you get them to laugh, then you can see something activate in thier expression and the gaze relaxes a bit. Thier face itself -the muscles and such dont seem to have expression when in the flat-panned look

This is interesting. I may need to look into this idea a bit more. I too like to try to flash-type people when I first meet them or see them... and a little extra help in the subconscious things could go a long way.

Does anyone know a good resource for body language of the different types?
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    Some of the INTJs on here come off a bit more stern/hardass than the ones I know incl myself.

Though, I think I struggle having patience for (and not showing my annoyance with) people who stubbornly stand against beneficial change, or can't see the big picture, or get preachy/overly talkative with really seemingly obvious concrete subjects I don't find interesting. Those situations may leave me seeming mean or angry.

The cool thing about xNFPs is that they rarely fall into these categories of INTJ annoyances. They tend to be aware enough to avoid them, and tend to engage in more abstract conversations when contacting another N.

Thanks for the insight... That is actually pertty relevant I think for some of my INTJ interactions
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

So this INTJ stare that I've heard so much about.
    What does it feel like?
    Is it scary?

When is it a "good" thing?
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I forgot one thing. INTJs don't like it if you smell icky.
    Define icky.

I am just myself and no one else and shit, I wouldn't be able to take it if someone plays a game. I hate games nowadays.
    It's fucking disturbing.
    Once upon a time, I was a game-player but it hasn't given me anything of any good.
    With feelings, you never ever ever grow bored.

(Hrrm, read a few posts in between and ended up having a slightly irregular post.)

EDIT: Ops. I read INTP and not INTJ. xD My bad.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I think I have yet to meet someone like that... It would be an interesting experience I think. Now that I think about it, one of my best friends in high school might have been like this, but I lost track of her somewhere along the way.

This is interesting. I may need to look into this idea a bit more. I too like to try to flash-type people when I first meet them or see them... and a little extra help in the subconscious things could go a long way.

Does anyone know a good resource for body language of the different types?
    I think there is a book that i have stmbled across on amazon a few times called quuick type or something like that. It pops up with all the mbti books. NLP is actually kinda hard to find good books on as they want you to attend classes and stuff but here is a link on eye movements:
    NLP Eye Accessing Cues

Caution: I am totally responsible for linking the above MBTI types and functions to the NLP eye movements, so take with a massive two ton grain of salt. It seems to make sense but that's just from the folks I pay attention to. I am still thinking about it though.

As for the INTJ Fi interactions, when younger I didnt do this. One day in grad school-about seven years back, I had been diagnosed with ADHD. I read on a website about the NP types being much more ADHD like and another MBTI fanatic was born that day. The first person I made take the test after me was the INTJ I shared an office with. She was horrfied at the INTJ description, promptly retook the test and was an INFP. At the time I had tested as an ENTP but after harrassing half of my graduate department I ended up an ENFP. They all agreed it was a perfect fit. A few weeks later, working with the INTJ, it occurred to me that she didnt like the wee bit o' logic I had, but rather that I was a feeler. So a let freakin loose, and discovered how to fall in love with INTJs that day! You could just see her sort of open up and we were very good friends for a long time after that. I still touch base with her now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    So this INTJ stare that I've heard so much about.
    What does it feel like?
    Is it scary?

When is it a "good" thing?
    Sometimes it is a very Te, ENTJ like stare when highly focuused on a specific objective. Then it is scary and on the right INTJ, couuld be kinda yummy.

However more often the INTJ look is more detached, removed and distant yet still intense. Intensely preoccupied, and if you get in the middle of that preoccupation, you'd better have a good reason.

Does this description sound right and for the right reasons?

What sort of thoughts or interactions trigger the switch from the more detached flat expression to the more engaged intesnse look, or even a more relaxed look when you are happy.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I don't really know but if I had to guess.

Detached = Analyzing (generally the whole picture, lightly).

Intense = Recognizing a certain trait we know of, and focusing on that one specific trait (to try and see it again, or try and be sure we saw that specific trait).

In a way, the first one involves no emotions. The second does.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ

Stares. I guess there's three: Se, Te and Ni.

Ni's the one that looks like the answering machine's screening most of what you say.
    Te's when I know you're there and I'm supposed to say something about it.
    Se's when everything's engaged. (Although it can feel a bit like only Se's working.)

People look different to me when a proper Se focus kicks in. I tend to start seeing beauty.

And may the good Lord preserve us from there being an Fi stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

And may the good Lord preserve us from there being an Fi stare.
    Pure goofball I'd imagine, a wee bit glossy eyed and drooling w happiness. hehe, actually I'll pay more attention the next time I have an INTJ hooked by thier Fi and see what they stare at. I mean how they stare.